Responsibility

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

“Why do you sound like that?” Rain hyung asked.

“Huh… I.. Er…” I stuttered.

What does he mean by why do I sound like that? He knows very well why I am sounding like that. Isn’t it why he called?

“Did you do something wrong?” He asked.

This is so Rain hyung. Of course he would not point out our mistakes. He would make us say it on our own. But my love for Minji is not a mistake. It is not wrong. At least, I feel that it is not.

“No. I didn’t.” I said.

“Really?” He asked.

“I…” I muttered.

“You didn’t do anything wrong? You didn’t break any rules? Really?” He asked.

“I DID NOT!” I yelled, feeling agitated.

I suddenly remembered Minji still asleep beside me. I quickly turned to see if I had woke her up but she was still sleeping like a log.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized to Rain hyung.

To my surprise, he laughed.

“I did not expect any calmer reaction from you when I said that, you know.” He said.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Seungho ah, do I look like a really stubborn and constantly angry hyung to you?” He asked.

“N.. n.. no.” I said.

“I have been in love before too, Seungho ah~” He said.

I bit my lower lip, keeping quiet.

“I absolutely know how it is like to be under that damn ‘no dating’ rule. I mean, it is not like we could control when love comes, right?” He said.

“Uh huh.” I muttered.

“We cannot control when love comes, but we can control how we feel, can we?” He asked.

My heart sank. Is he trying to convince me to break up with Minji?

“The moment you signed on that dotted line of your contract, it is pretty much like selling yourself to the public. You cannot do things as you wish anymore. Free, is perhaps one of the most unaffordable thing around now, you should have realized that now, right?” He said.

“Yea.” I mumbled.

“Your life now pretty much is in the hands of the public, not God. Do you realize that?” He asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“It is not about you anymore, Seungho. Your life is about your members, your fans, the company, the sponsors, the TV companies, your family, and… whoever you love.” He said.

“What are you trying to say? Get to the point.” I was fighting back my tears.

I did not want to cry. If I cried now because of this little setback, how am I going to face bigger problems in future?

Rain hyung laughed. I could picture him smiling at me and shaking his head whenever I got impatient.

“So impatient?” He asked.

“I.. am sorry.” I said.

“I love her, hyung. I wouldn’t say that I have never loved anyone so much before because it is not like every relationship of mine was just a freaking game. But Minji… she’s different. I.. I don’t know how to put it. I just want to protect her. I don’t care if I would die, I just want her safe. I… I…” I said.

“What? Continue.” He said.

“I would give up anything for Minji, and this is not said as a threat or because I am reckless.” I said.

“Even your career?” He asked.

“Just for a girl? Even the career you build from scratch? Really? Is she that worth it?” He asked.

I was silent. I did not know how to answer that.

“If she loves you, Seungho, you wouldn’t need to give up anything for her, because she wouldn’t let you do that.” He said.

I quickly wiped off the tear that slipped from my eye.

“Are you crying?” He asked.

“No!” I said hurriedly.

“Of course not, you’re Yang Seungho.” He laughed.

“Sometimes when Yang Seungho is sick or tired, he wish someone would be there for him too.” I muttered under my breath, but he seemed to have heard it.

“Are we not doing a good job?” He asked.

“It’s not that.” I said softly.

“Oh, is it because we have a and you don’t like it?” He asked.

“Hyung!!” I was surprised at his obscene statement.

He laughed, causing me to laugh as well.

“Seungho, the route ahead will be even rockier than before, you know it, don’t you?” He asked.

“Huh?” I was confused.

“Hyung is not going to ask you to break up with her, although you have broken the rule and ought to be punished. But… isn’t it very cruel to punish someone who just love another person?” He said.

“Hyung…” I muttered.

“But Seungho, now apart from all the responsibilities you have on your shoulder, you have to put another one on, and that is her. She is your responsibility. When the fans find out about both of you, you got to step out to protect her. When the media finds out, you got to be the one who shields her. When things go wrong, you got to be there for her. Are you really sure you can deal with another weight on your shoulder?” He asked.

“My shoulder is strong enough.” I said.

“Then by all means, love.” He said.

“Hyung… Thank you.” I said, biting my lower lip.

“I wish we would be enough for you, but too bad, we have a .” He said.

“Hyung!! Stop it!” I laughed.

“Alright, alright. I heard you’re sick. Are you better now?” He asked.

“Yes. Much better.” I said.

“Because the person who took care of you didn't have a ?” He asked.

“Ahhh hyung!” I whined.

“Alright, alright. Just teasing you.” He laughed.

“Bring her to meet me one day.” He said.

“You’re not going to ask me to go for it now, and then behind my back do something else, are you?” I asked.

“Omo! How did you know!? Damn! Now I gotta change my plan!” He said.

I laughed and turned to Minji who was still asleep. I pushed her fringe out of her face and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

“Did you guys just kiss while I’m still on the line!?” Rain hyung yelled.

“No no! I mean, yea I kissed her. But she’s asleep.” I said.

“How could you do this to someone who is like… stuck in a place with people who all has ?” He said.

“Aigoo, hyung!!” I laughed.

“Seungho, it’s not going to be easy, you know it, don’t you? I am not trying to burden you, but I hope you don’t make me regret my decision today.” He said.

“I will do my best, hyung.” I said.

“Alright, I got to go. Go back to the dorm and do what you gotta do.” He said.

“What?” I asked.

“Just because I am stuck in a place with people who all has a does not mean I don’t know what is going on outside, you know.” He said.

“I get it.” I muttered.

“And one more thing,” He said.

“Hmm?” I responded.

“I fired that .” He said before ending the call.

“Hyung… Thank you~” I said, despite knowing the call had ended.

I buried my face in my palms. I was startled by a sudden weight on my back.

“Are you okay?” Minji asked in a sleepy voice.

“Aren’t you asleep?” I asked, pulling her to lie down on my lap.

“I was. But you were so loud. So inconsiderate.” She made a weird face at me.

“Sorry.” I said, poking her nose lightly.

“Is there a hole in my ceiling?” She asked, touching her cheek.

“No. Why?” I asked, looking away quickly.

My annoying tears flowed despite the fact I tried to stop it.

“Why are you crying!? Aigoo!” She cupped my cheeks and wiped off my tears.

“I’m not crying.” I tried to deny.

“Ahhh you’re not. My house is just dusty.” She laughed.

“Ya! So dirty.” I pouted.

She looked at me and sighed.

“You know, just because you have a doesn’t mean you cannot cry.” She said.

“STOP THE THING!!!” I whined.

She laughed and pulled me down with her. She crashed her lips against mine, kissing me deeply while we rolled around. When we pulled apart, we were both panting and she was on top of me.

“So, is this how pandas kiss?” She asked, smiling widely.

I nodded, smiling dumbly. 

***
tumblrm9rxezsygf1qdxzt5.gifRain: Because it wasn’t people with a who took care of you?

tumblrm7xdb6u1a41qikw9k.gifMinji: So, is this how pandas kiss?