Strange calm

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

I sat outside the emergency room, staring at my bloodstained forearm.

“WHAT HAPPENED!? WHAT DID YOU DO!?”A voice shouted, and then yanked me up by my shirt.

I stared at him blankly, and for some reason, I was unable to register who he was, until a few seconds later; her doctor friend.

“I…” I muttered.

“YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER! LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!” He yelled into my face.

He shoved me roughly onto the bench seats before stomping into the room. I remained in that position, somehow unable to move. Was it my fault? If I did not argue with her, would this not have happened? If I did not force her to live in our dorm, from the start, none of this would have happened.

“Seungho!” I heard a familiar voice yell my name.

I looked up to find the worried faces of the boys staring down at me.

“What happened!? Did you hurt yourself!?” G.O asked, yanking my arm.

I shook my head.

“It’s not my blood.” I muttered.

“Sit properly, hyung.” Joon said, pulling me up.

I felt as thou I had no strength in my body.

“Are you okay?” G.O asked, squeezing my hand.

“I’m fine.” I forced a smile.

“What… happened?” Cheondong asked.

“We were… arguing, and then out of a sudden, she just…” I muttered.

The scene of her bending forward in pain and then puking blood flooded my mind. I wanted to cry, I wanted to yell, but for some odd reason, I could not.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to say it if it makes you feel uncomfortable. It’s okay.” G.O said, rubbing circles onto my back.

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Out of a sudden, she seem like she was in pain, and then she vomited blood. After that, I rushed her here, and up till now, I have no news as to what is going on.” I said, staring at my fingers.

“She’ll be okay.” He mumbled.

“I guess.” I think I heard him say under his breath.

“Maybe you want to wash your arm.” Another voice said.

I looked up. My manager hyung.

“I don’t mean anything. It’s just…” I cut him off.

“You’re right. Maybe I should go wash my arm.” I smiled at him.

I felt a little wobbly when I stood up, but fortunately for Joon’s strong grip on my arm.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Good. I’m good. I can manage.” I smiled as I steadied myself before heading to the washroom.

I turn on the tap and let the water flow all over my arm as I watch the basin turn red.

Today is the closest I have got to losing Minji throughout the months of our relationship. However, I did not seem to be bothered by the fact the doctors were taking so long in examining her. I felt strangely calm, but I have absolutely no idea if I would be able to take any blow right now.

“Are you trying to flood the toilet?” I heard a voice say, and then it was like I snapped out of my thoughts.

Cheondong smiled at me as he wiped my arm try with a piece of tissue.

“You were taking so long, so we thought we should check on you.” He said.

“Oh.” I muttered.

“Hyung, she’ll be okay.” He assured.

“I know. She… she’ll be okay. I just know.” I forced a smile.

“Right. She’s a strong girl.” He squeezed my shoulder.

We headed out and went back to where the others were. When I was near, they turned to look at me, their expressions telling me that something was not right.

“Seungho,” G.O said.

I did not like his expression. It was full of sympathy, not something I would need now.

“What?” I asked.

“The doctor…” He muttered.

“The doctor what?” I asked again.

“Promise me you’ll stay calm.” He said.

I nodded, still feeling oddly calm.

“Minji, she…” Before he could finish, her doctor friend appeared.

He glared hard at me.

“How could you let Minji fall this sick and not even know!? You’re with her all the time. You asked me to trust you. How could you let this happen to her? Don’t you know that Minji isn’t the healthiest person? Just because she doesn’t seem like she is in pain does not mean she is okay! Have you conveniently forgot the fact your girlfriend is sick just because she is always smiling!?” He yelled at me.

“What’s going on?” I asked, a little confused.

“Who are you to be yelling at hyung!?” Mir shouted, suddenly standing in front of me.

“Who are you to be pushing all the blame to hyung!? Minji is sick, yes. But it’s not like she does not know her own condition. She is old enough to be taking care of herself. Yes, hyung has a slight responsibility in making sure she is well because he holds the title of her boyfriend but it takes two hands to clap! If Minji doesn’t want to be taken care of, do you think hyung can force her? Of course he could! And he does it all the time. Then they end up arguing, and out of a sudden it seemed like it has become his fault when all he really wanted was her to be well and safe!” Mir shouted.

I was in shock listening to Mir’s sudden speech.

“Come on, it’s not the time to argue.” Joon said finally.

“Someone please tell me what is going on.” I said.

“Minji’s liver is deteriorating. It is almost to the point that it is not functioning any more. She needs a transplant, or else…” Her doctor friend said.

“Or else?” I asked.

“What do you think would happen when someone’s liver shuts down?” He asked.

I kept quiet.

“What can we do now?” I asked.

“What can we do apart from wait for a suitable liver? And besides, even if we have one, it is highly possible that Minji would not want it.” He said.

“Why not? Is she crazy?” Joon asked, but I know he did not mean it in a bad way.

“Oh yes. Minji is crazy.” Her friend said.

“Is there no other way?” I asked.

“We can only keep her on medication now, but it’s not going to hold on for long. You know Minji’s condition. She might not be able to take it.” He said.

“There is such thing as a live donor liver transplant, am I right?” I asked.

“Yes.” He said.

 “How long does it take for the results to come out to know if someone is suitable to be a donor or not?” I asked.

“Not… very long.” He said.

“Can she hold on for that long?” I asked.

“I.. guess.” He muttered, looking at me weirdly.

They all turned to look at me.

“What… are you thinking?” He asked.

“Which way to the examination room?” I asked.

Their jaws dropped. 

***
tumblrmbb99ihgfg1rtc2yj.gifSeungho: Which way to the examination room?