Your Song. (AE 3 : LAY)

Two Moons

For those who are curious about how Seolrae came back to Earth, let's keep it until the last person okay? i wanna suprise you :p but there's a tiny bit of hint in each chapter so.. keep your eyes wide open. Enjoy Lay's alternate ending everyone~ hope you like it :)

 

Another weekend, another workday for Lay. He walked out of the house carrying his acoustic guitar on his back walking through the crowded street. As usual, the street was always full of youngster and couples having their Saturday evening in town.. He zipped up his jacket as he feel the winter breeze hit his neck when we was waiting for the bus. Thankfully five minutes later an unusually empty bus came. He took the front seat cause the coffee shop he works at isn’t the far. He sighed, leaned his head to the cold window.

 

“Annyeong Lay-shi..” the new barista, Seungho, waved at his as he came into the coffee shop. “The crews are already here to set up the stage.” He added. Lay nodded, screened the place. It wasn’t yet crowded when he got there. Only two people waiting for their orders in front of him, an old couple on the corner, a guy whose eyes were glued to his laptop screen and…… a girl. He didn’t know exactly why, the long black haired girl attract him so much. Even though he couldn’t see her face clearly since it was covered by her long hair. She was reading a book, a fiction book he guessed. “She has been sitting there for hours.” Seungho said as he handed Lay his coffee. “Ah really?” he nodded. “Why don’t you talk to her..” Seungho said raising his eyebrows. Lay just chuckled. “Thanks.” He took his cup of hot coffee and sat not the edge of the small stage to put down his guitar. He talked to the crews as he waited for his band members, once or twice stealing glances to the girl. “Hyung!” Jungshin, the cello player just came along with the cajon player, Minhwan. “Eyyy hyung.. that girl is fit. Let’s grab her attention.” Minhwan jumped on to the stage. Lay smirked as he set his guitar on his thigh. “Check Check one two..” he tested the mic. The girl didn’t budge. Jungshin set the iPad in front of Lay. Lay looked up to him, the younger boy winked at him.

“Good evening everyone.. I hope you all are in a good condition. So to started off the amazing night, we’re going to sing the acoustic version of Jay Park’s Know Your Name. Hope you enjoy it.” Everyone clapped, except the girl he was actually sang this song for.

 

Deuleowaseo neol cheoeum bon sunganbuteo

(As soon as I came in, the moment I saw you,)

 

neo bbaego i café neun bieo boyeosseo no

(Besides you, this café looks empty)

 

Lay looked back to Jungshin telling him that the girl didn’t even care to look up to them. Jungshin held his laugh.

 

Geokjeonghaji mala nan algoshipeun namja I just wanna know your name

(Don’t worry, I’m just a guy who wants to get to know you I just wanna know your name)

 

To Lay’s surprise the girl started to tapped her fingers to her book. Come on… look at me.. he kept praying. The girl finally put down her book as the song hit the end of the second verse. She drank her coffee, looking outside the wide window.

 

So beautiful gihoeman jweo sagwijago haji anhasseo I just wanna know your name

(So beautiful Just give me a chance I just wanna know your name)

 

Everyone clapped their hands and few of Jungshin and Minhwan friends who came every week to cheer for them. Jungshin stood up and pated Lay’s shoulder. “Next time hyung.” Jungshin said as he took the iPad back to pick another song. They played three more songs before one of the customers came up to them.

“Umm can you guys help me?” the guy said, he looked a bit anxious. “Of course.” Lay shortly but nicely answered. “I want to finally tell my friend that I like her. We’ve been friends for a long time. I want to make it special, so can you guys sing a song for us?”

“Is there any specific song you wanted us to sing?” Minhwan asked. Lay thought about it. The song he made for his ‘girlfriend’ back in Exo Planet, the one he rewrote together with you. Maybe its time to sing that song. He looked at the guy and his hopefully soon to be girlfriend and back to him. “I don’t know.. what do you guys think?” Jungshin and Minhwan looked at each other. “I got it.” Lay said. His other band members stared at him in confusion. “I’m sure she’ll be touched.” Lay pated the guy’s shoulder. “Good luck.”

 

“Just play along. You can come in on the second verse.” The two younger boys nodded at Lay’s command. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Seolrae-ah… I hope you don’t mind I sing this song without you. Hope you can hear this too. He opened his eyes and set up the mic.

“This song is one of my original songs. Its very special cause I made this with someone special and its an honor to me to sing this song for the first time in a special occasion.” Lay said trying so hard to fight the pain on his chest. “Soomi-shi.. this song is dedicated to you by Junghong, the guy in front of you. Who’s now maybe cursing me for mentioned both of you in front of everyone.” Everyone chuckled. “Anyways.. hope you two and of course everyone enjoys it.”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJnlrA3ciU

 

neowa na chinguraneun mari eosaekhae

(You and I calling each other friends is awkward)

 

yeoniniran mari eoullyeo

(It’s better to use the word, lovers)

 

o~ nan cheoeumeuro nae mam gobaekhalge

(Oh, I will confess my heart for the first time)

 

Lay opened his eyes to see Junghong’s stiff expression. He smiled as he continued singing. He turned his head to the wide window but the girl was already left. There was a bit disappointment in his heart but he didn’t want to mind it cause now as he sing the song he could only think of you. He slowly closed his eyes as the song reach the ‘duet’ part of it. He imagined you in his room playing his guitar happily, smiling at his, singing your part of the song. The memory was too sweet for him, sweetly painful for him to take.  He opened his eyes when his two band mates beside him came to join him and made the song even enjoyable to hear. He smiled at Jungshin and Minhwan, they smiled at him back. Everyone in the coffee shop seemed to enjoy the song very much. They tapped their fingers, moving their heads to the beat and even clapped their hands.

Lay glanced at the table, the black haired girl sat on before. His eyes widen to see her book was still there on the table. She was still there. He looked around but couldn’t find here anywhere.

 

nan neoman saenggakhada jamdeureo

(I fall asleep while thinking of only you)

 

kkumsogeseo neoman kkumkkuda

(In my dream, I only dream of you)

 

O~ nan achimeul kkaeundae~

(Oh and then I wake up in the morning)

 

Oh I love you love you love you,

 

Lay paused as he heard another voice singing the song along with him.

 

You love me love me love me

 

Ara, nal hyanghan neoui maeumeur~

(I know how you feel about me)

 

He turned around. The black haired girl was there with microphone in her hand, singing the song flawlessly. At first he was just surprised by the sudden appearance of the girl but he was more shock when he realize who the girl was. It was…

“Seolrae…” he whispered staring at your eyes. You smiled at him. Bowing your head to the crew who put a chair beside Lay for you to sit. He couldn’t move, he was too shock to see you there. Everyone cheered seemed to know what was happening on the stage. Which snapped Lay from his thought and continued the song along with you. You two keep glancing and smiling to each other. Even made a group of girls there squealing seeing the two of you. He still couldn’t believe in his own eyes right now but it changed after you touched his back. Your touch was real, he could feel it.

 

Love you love you I’ll take you in to my mind

 

Everyone cheered, clapping their hands, even gave the two of you a standing ovation. Lay put his guitar down and pulled you into his hug. Everyone cheered again making your cheek turned pink. But he could careless, he just wanted to hug you and wont ever let you go again. Jungshin took the microphone. “Lets give the two couple some times ne?”

“Neee~” followed by a chucked.

 

“Lay oppa.. you can let me go now.” but instead of letting you go, he held you even tighter. “Oppaaa~ people are staring…” you whined. “Hyung… really.. don’t embarrassed you self and the girl.” Minhwan said. You nodded your head vigorously. He finally pulled off. He took your wrist and leaded you to take a seat far from everyone.

He stared at you without even saying a word, which now started to creep the hell out of you. “Say something…” you nudged his hand. As always, he never listens to you. You pouted. “Fine. You don miss me. I’m out—“ he pulled you back down and hugged you again. It was always like this with him, yes. Expressing his heart without words, he’s a person who likes to show more than saying it. Because to him, words can lie but action is not. You sighed in defeat and hugged him back. Just this one you were hoping he’ll say something to you. “Oppa…”

“I miss you.” Your eyes softened then you snuggled on to the crook of his neck. “You don’t know how much I miss you. I’m almost went crazy because of you.” You tightened your arms around him. “I’m sorry…” you said started to feel your tears coming not a sad one but a happy one that you can finally said it to him. “Don’t be… I’m glad that you’re here now.” he your hair softly. You smiled onto his shoulder then rested your chin on it. “If it’s not because of you, I wouldn’t be here oppa.” Both of you pulled away, staring deep to each other’s eyes. He cupped your face and kissed your forehead softly. He pulled away and looked at you again. Looking to each other’s eyes. Just like the song said, Ara nal hyanghan neoui maeumeur, both of you knew exactly what you feel about each other. You caressed his cheek before letting him go on stage again to do his job. You took a seat right in front of the stage. The group of girl who sat behind you called you, telling how sweet you two were. The new couple also bowed their heads to thanked you. The rest of the night filled with love songs, his voice and his eyes. It was like he sung every song just for you.

After the past five years, he could finally feel alive again and it was pleasant for you to know that its because of you.