Past and Present.

Two Moons

 

“I think we can’t get through this road.” The driver said. You looked up from your dad’s pale face. “The road is closed.” And there were few fire trucks, they were trying to extinguish the fire in the forest. Your mother’s cry got more louder. The driver turned the car around. When the car was ready to go someone suddenly appeared in front of the car. You were shocked and deadly angry. Just like the reason why your mom cried, you just wanted to go home and put your dad to his bed for the last time. You walked out of the car followed by the driver. “What do y-“ but the guy was already on the ground unconscious. With few burning scar here and there. He must be one of the victims you thought as you kneeled beside him. “Ahjussi please tell the police that we found him.” The driver quickly ran to the police officer not far from there. You stared at him, let out a napkin you used to cry on earlier when the doctor said your dad is gone. Slowly cleaned his face. “You’re lucky.” You said as you examined his face. His ethnic necklace caught your attention. A phoenix carved on the stone pendant.

The police officer and the medical team came and took care of him. You went back to your car to finally go back to your house where your family members and friends waited to see our dad for the last time.

 

“Let’s welcome, PHOENIX!!!” you and Aira cheered when the light went off. You glanced at Baekhyun when you accidently nudged his arm. You met eyes with him. Blushing you quickly turned to see the stage after bowed your head to him. Baekhyun smiled to him self. The music started to blasted out of the big speakers. The light went on. Girls started to scream out loud. Yes, you admitted it, he is such a good looking guy, even though you couldn’t really see his eyes since he was wearing a sunglasses. His first performance were mind-blowingly awesome (see what I did there ^^). After another song, it was time for “talk”. “For the last question is there anything you wanted to say to your fans?” Chanyeol looked around. He took off his sunglasses to see clearly he was hoping to somehow found them on the crowd. “O!” you realized his face. “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked. “I think I know that guy… he seemed familiar.” Baekhyun eyes grew wider. She can feel this too? he looked back at Chanyeol.

You watched him started his next song. He glanced at you and your eyes met. You realized and gave him a smile. He was a bit surprised and quickly turned around to his stage position. He tried to remember you.

The song gave so much energy to the crowd. They started to dance and it got more chaotic when it hit the chorus, people started to push each other again. You quickly held Aira’s hand, you didn’t what to be separated again. Baekhyun moved to your back and protectively holding on to your shoulder. Thank God it was dark so you could hide your burning cheeks.

 

Two hours later the showcase was over. Again you were squeezed in the middle of the crowd. Being pushed and bump on to. You felt like punching everyone on the face. A hand grabbed your hand and pulled you out. “You really need to be careful next time, I’m afraid you can’t survive in a real concert.” You chuckled on Baekhyun’s words. “I’m sorry then if I was being such a burden for you” you mockingly said. Aira stared at you, shaking her head. You suddenly felt something is missing. You quickly touch your left wrist. Your eyes shot open. “What’s wrong?” Aira worriedly asked. “M-my bracelet!” you looked around. Aira and Baekhyun helped you. DAMN IT, I’M SO DEAD!!!!  Your heart pumped fast. “Maybe it’s still inside, you want to try to look for it?” Baekhyun looked at you in worry. You nodded trying to hold your tears. It was just a bracelet and you didn’t know what it could do for you at that time. But it seemed like something important, something you really have to protect. That was what Xiu Min said to you when he gave you his pendant. Baekhyun talked to the bodyguard, he leaded you to the club’s owner and he let you to look for it, even just for 20 minutes. Aira searched near the stage while Baekhyun looked for it near the exit gate. You walked around, searching everywhere.

 

“Oppa let’s go home~ I’m hungry” Sunhae pated her stomach. Chanyeol shook his head smiling. “Phoenix, ready to go?” both of them nodded. By the end of the hall, he could see you walking around searching for something. “You go to van first.” He told Sunhae. “It’s okay hyung, just take her to the van, I’ll meet you there. ” he told his manager. He slowly walked towards you. He pated your shoulder, “Are you looking for something?” you stood up, “Em, my brace-“ you stooped as you saw him in front of you. He was actually very tall and even more good looking. “M-my bracelet. I think I lost it when I was trying to get out from the crowd.” You said. “Is that bracelet means a lot to you?” you nodded wildly. “Okay Let me help you.” He bent down to look under the merchandise table. “Thank you..” you said. He looked up and smile, “Its nothing. I know how it feels.” He showed you his necklace. You eyes grew wider. It is him! You remembered the forest fire incident. “What?” he asked. “Eh um nothing hehe I like your necklace.” You awkwardly laugh. Baekhyun came. “I can’t find it there.” He said. You pouted. “I’m so dead… I wont come home tonight.” You said, leaned to the table. Baehyun bent down beside Chanyeol. Both of them glanced at each other. Baekhyun tried to remember Chanyeol while Chanyeol kept glancing at him hoping to find anything about Baekhyun in his memory.

“O!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol saw your bracelet. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun froze when they touched it. In their mind they could see images of them (EXO) like a flash back. They could see the others Exo member even though they couldn’t remember any of them. They even saw each other faces, smiling to each other.

“Guys?” your voice brought them back, both of them gasped and looked at each other. “Have we met before?” Chanyeol quickly asked. “I don’t go out a lot, how can we met before?” Baekhyun stood up and came up to you to give your bracelet back. “O! you guys found it!!! Thank you..” you gave them a warm smile and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol could feel your warmness. “Here’s my card. You can call me if you need a friend to have a drink with sometime.” he gave Baekhyun his business card. “As for you.. careful next time. Hope to see you again soon.” He smiled and left. “Did I miss something Baekhyun-shi?” you asked staring at Chanyeol’s card on his palm. Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol’s back disappeared. He was such a lonely guy. He’s always alone since.. forever. He lives in small apartment, he doesn’t go out a lot and doesn’t have many friends. Today, he was really glad to finally go out, such a great decision he made. He accidently met you, he felt like he deserve to have a friend, now that Chanyeol gave him his card.  “What?” you looked back at Baekhyun who was staring at you. “Should I give you my number too?” you giggled. He smiled and nodded.

 

“Where were you?!” Xiu Min shouted at you. You just got back and greeted by his high note. You were a bit taken a back, you never see he was this angry. He’s not a person who gets angry easily but that day seeing him shouting at you like that, it made you feel really bad. Lay just stared at you from the kitchen doorstep. “I was.. I was out with Aira watching a showcase in the club downtown.” You answered carefully. “In a club you said? There are so many bad guy there, can you imagine? And why didn’t you call or text me or Lay first? Huh? And do you know what time is it? Its freakin two in the morning. You expect me to believe you went to a club to watch a showcase?” you felt your tears were ready to drop. “I-I’m sorry oppa..” tears streamed down your face. You admitted that you were wrong. Both of them saw you crying and they felt terrible, especially Xiu Min. He came up to you and cupped your face. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t screamed at you like that.” He swapped your tears with his thumbs. “I just don’t want anything bad happen to you. You know that right?” you nodded. “I’m sorry Seolrae..” he hugged you. You looked up to him. “Do you like ice skate?” you nodded wildly. “Awesome.” He grabbed your hand. The three of you walked to the nearest park. You arrived there, it was empty and quite since it was about past 2 in the morning. “I thought we are going to ice skate..” you pouted. “Watch and learn.” Xiu Min smirked. He went to the big fishless pond on the center of the park. He put his hand on top of it and in froze in an instant. “Woaaah!!” you admired his work of art. You ran up to it and knocked at the frozen water. “Is it save?” Xiu Min nodded. “But I didn’t bring my ice skate shoes..” you said. He pushed your shoulder lightly to seat on the pond. He took your ankle and made a blade from ice under your boots. “Shall we?” he said. He helped you to stand up and both of you happily skate around on the pond. “Lay oppa! Arent you coming?” you shouted. Lay shook his head and leaned back to the tree behind him. It was enough for him to see you happy again.