Exoplanet, the mission.

Two Moons

 

“ExoPlanet?” Xiu Min nodded. “Em. The commander sent 12 of us on a mission to find the lost stars. We separated into two teams the M and the K.”

“And you are in…?” you asked as you munched your cookie. “M. But before we landed our plane BOOM!”

You jumped and everyone around you two stared at you both in surprise too. You quickly took your coffee before you choke. Xiu Min laughed. “Ya! Don’t do that again!” you bowed to the other customers. “Sorry your serious face was just too cute.” He said. You pouted. “Naww sorry. Okay should I continue?” you nodded wildly. “When I woke up.. I was on the shore. And I can’t use my power.” He sighed. “Powerless, I have to start to adapt with humans life style while searching for you and my other brothers.”

“Okay, why me? I mean how do you know it was me?”

“Let me finish.” You frowned and sipped your coffee again. “That night came. When I was out doing my job, delivering foods,  I didn’t know it was a two moons night. I remembered what the commander told us when we were little, the first two moons we’ve ever seen, I was 3 at that time. The commander said two moons is the time when a new star has born.”

You watched him drinking his coffee. “Ahh.. yeah this answer your question. Long time ago a star of Exoplanet went out to do his mission and he accidently landed to the Earth and he forgot that he’s from Exoplanet. He then married a human. And so that two moons I saw when I was three is when you were born.”

“Don’t you know that there are tons of babies being born on the same day?”

“I know.. back to where I stopped in front of your house, it was your 18 birthday party. I was watching you until the two moons joined as one to my surprise your window froze.”

“OH! It was you!” Xiu Min nodded smiling. “Yeah I got my power back at the moment.”

“That was awesome but I still don’t get the point why you believe I’m the star.” He shook his head. “I have no idea either.  I just had that feeling towards you when I first saw you. Its like I wanted to protect you. And beside only a star can see the symbol.”

“What symbol?”

“The snowflake? It can only be seen by a star and fellow Exos” Xiu Min drank his coffee again. “Okay wait does that mean my parents are from Exoplanet?”

“When your dad passed away..”

“How did you know?”

“Our powers disappear, when we landed here was the day that your father passed away. And we got back our power when you turned 18, the time when a star should have their first mission.” Xiu Min held your hand. “I promise I’ll help you with your mission.” You tilted your head. “But I don’t know my mission.” Xiu Min laughed. “You don’t get it, your mission is to gather us 12.”