Fourth : Fire

Two Moons

 

You slowly opened your eyes. You looked down to your right, Baekhyun oppa… he had his head rested on the edge of your bed. You looked around again, you found Lay sleeping on the sofa soundlessly. Moved your head to the left, Xiu Min was deep in his sleep on the wooden chair. You moved your head again, Lay oppa? Wait! You looked at the sofa again, Lay was still there sleeping. You turned your head back to the corner of your room but no one was there. You sat up in shock. Who the…

“A!” you shouted when you accidently touched Baekhyun’s head and that made the three of them woke up. Xiu Min made a loud noise as he yawned. “You’re awake..” he said and gave you a smile with his pillow face. You nodded still glancing at the corner of your room where you saw the mysterious shadow earlier. “You looked pale.. anything still hurts?” Baekhyun touched your cheek. “N-no I-I’m alright oppa..” you said shanking your head lightly. “What are you all doing here? What happened?” you asked them forgetting about what happened. “You passed out when your helped Chanyeol.” Xiu Min said. “Chanyeol?”

“Phoenix.” Baekhyun corrected. “Ahhh!” you remembered. “How is he now? Is he alright?” you turned to Xiu Min. “He’s in the hospital.”

“Which meansss?” you stared at them one by one. “He’ll be alright, don’t worry.” Baekhyun said. Lay stood up, “Where are you going?” you asked him. “To my room, now that you’re awake I can sleep in my room right?” you remembered the shadow you saw before goosebumps came to you. Xiu Min and Baekhyun stood up too. You held Baekhyu’s hand. “Oppa stay..” Baekhyun looked at your pleading eyes. “Oppas stay..” you looked at Xiu Min and Lay. Baekhyun was a bit pissed that you asked the others too. Lay didn’t listen and walked out of the room. “Isssh meanie…” you hissed as Lay closed the door. Xiu Min grabbed the other pillow on your bed and brought it to the sofa and he sleeps there. Baekhyun sat on his earlier seat next to your bed. “Aren’t you tired sleeping like that?” he shook his head even if he felt stiffness on his waist and neck. He just wanted to be near you, be there for you. “It’s okay. Now go to sleep.” You nodded, laying down. “Can oppa sing?” you turned your head to see him. “Sing?”

“Em.. can you?” he was silent for a moment. “You want me to sing?” you nodded wildly. He smiled to him self, I wish D.O is here. “Come on oppa..” you shook his hand.

He took a deep breath.

 

Mikael.. boda neon naege nunbusin jonjae

(you are more dazzling than Michael)

 

He looked at you with his soft eyes. You closed your eyes pretend that you were ready to fall a sleep when actually you did that cause you were absolutely nervous.

 

Gamhi, nuga naeoreul geoyeoghae naega yongseoreul an hae

(who can ever oppose you? I won’t forgive anyone who does.)

 

He has such an amazing voice you thought. It was powerful yet heartwarming. You smiled on your pillow listening to his gentle voice. You are going to make him sing for you every night from now on.

 

Hanin woke up to the sound of Donut humming from outside. She got up the bed and came out of her room. Donut leaned to the wall and staring at the view out side the window. “Nice song.” Hanin said as she yawned. Donut jumped a bit. “Did I wake you up?” Hanin nodded. “Sorry…” he said. “It’s okay.” Hanin threw her self to the sofa. “Hanin-ah..”

“Emm?” she mumbled through the sofa. “How is it like to have a family?” Hanin raised her head from the sofa. “Depends on what kind of family you’re asking for” She slammed her head back to the sofa. “How about yours?”

“.” she mumbled again. Donut chuckled. “How about friends?” he asked. “Don’t have one.” She answered. Donut looked at her. “I thought we were friends.”

“We are? If that so.. you should know how it feels like to have a friend then.” She said. He smiled as he remembered the time he shared with Hanin. Yes she’s such a harsh and careless person but she’s always there for him. Helped him going through his trauma. “Ya Donut.”

“Hem?”

“Can you sing that song again?”

“What song?”

“You hummed earlier…” she sounded annoyed by his question. “Not sure..”

He tried to remember the melody. He hummed it unsurely if it was the same or not. It was though. Minutes later he heard Hanin’s soft breathing as she fell asleep on the sofa. D.O walked to the sofa to check if she was really sleeping or not. She was, D.O smiled staring at her peaceful expression. Then something caught his eyes. He bent a little to see her right shoulder closer. He tilted his head. She has a tattoo? Though it doesn’t look like one. He carefully moved her cardigan aside. It was a scorpion sign. “Argh!”

 

Chen sat up, woken up by something he wished he knew. He looked around the room and shook his head to woke him self up. He decided to go to the kitchen to grab some water but he heard something from the rooftop. He went up and slowly opened the door. Kris was there. “Hyung.” Kris turned around and gave Chen a weak smile. “What are you doing here?” Chen leaned on the fence beside Kris. “Can’t sleep.” Kris answered. “You?” he added. “I don’t now, something woke me up.” Kris sighed. “Is there any problem hyung? You seemed to have lots of things in your mind.” Chen turned around to see that same direction as Kris. Kris let out something from his pocket. “I found this last night.” Chen eyes shot opened in shocked when he saw a phoenix feather on Kris’s palm. “H-how?” Kris shook his head. “I hope he’s alright.” Kris said. There was silent between the two of them. “Hyung.. aren’t we going to look for the others?” Chen asked nervously, remembered what Luhan said last night. “I know where they are. We’ll come to them when everyone gathered.”

“Why wait?”

“We need to prepare everything first, so when we reunite we’ll know what we have to do and don’t waste anymore time.”

Chen looked at him. “Prepare what?”

Kris handed him a paper. Chen opened it. “I made that map last night.”

“What is this?”

“A map to find the ship.”

“What ship? Our ship?”

“No. The star’s ship.”

 

>> 

 

You cuddled with your pillow watching the tv. Xiu Min was out to his office, Baekhyun and Lay were in the kitchen grabbing some snacks.

“Breaking entertainment news. Phoenix is now hospitalized due to his fire incident yesterday…..”

You quickly looked up from your pillow. They showed the clip of last night’s incident in the showcase. You could see again his clueless and panicked face, he surely lost him self there. It hurts you too watched the clip remembered him struggled trough the pain him self, plus… what will the nitizen say about this? Will this ruined his career? How about his family?

Baekhyun squeezed your shoulder, brought you back from your worries. You looked at him, he gave you a comforting smile which made you relaxed a bit. Lay walked passed you handed you a cup with cookies n cream ice cream in it. He does know everything you like. “I want to see him.” You said as you put a spoon full of ice cream to your mouth. “Can we hyung?” Baekhyun asked. Lay turned to you two. “Why you asked me?”

“You’re the oldest one now since Xiu Min hyung is not here.” Lay looked back to the tv. Baekhyun glanced at you as you rolled your eyes. “Hurry.” Lay said. “Why?” you asked. “You want to see him or not?” your eyes brightened.

 

Sunhae rested her head on her palms. She was so worry about Chanyeol. The doctor said his condition is now stable they just have to wait until he woke up but he hadn’t woke up yet. “Sunhae-ah…” Sehun sat beside her rubbing her back. Sunhae looked up. She just couldn’t hold the tears anymore. Sehun knew it and quickly hugged her. “I’m so scared…” Sunhae sobbed on his shoulder. “Shhh hyung is a tough man, he’ll be fine.” Sehun said as he Sunhae’s head. They pulled off, Sehun swapped away Sunhae’s tears with his thumb. “Don’t cry okay?” Sunhae nodded. “What really happened last night?” she asked. Sehun cleared his throat, didn’t know how to put everything in words. “You’re hiding something.. both of you..” she said. Sehun looked to the other direction, anything but her eyes. “You’ll find out soon. I’m sure he’ll tell you everything.” Sehun said. Sunhae leaned to her seat. “I saw him once.” Sehun turned to her. “Playing with fire… snapping his fingers and fire came out of it.” Sehun gulped getting nervous. “I thought I was just imagining. Crazy right?” Sehun nodded his head lightly. “But after last night… I just.. I couldn’t find any logical explanation about what happened last night.”

 

You saw Sunhae and Sehun from afar. You could see Sunhae’s pale face and Sehun’s serious expression. “What are you waiting for?” Lay asked. You shook your head and walked towards them. “Annyeonghaseyo…” Sehun and Sunhae turned to the three of you. Sehun felt a little bit relieved that you guys were there. Sunhae stood up. “You..” she quickly hugged you. You were a bit surprised by her sudden move. “Thank you..” she said. “F-for what?” you unsurely hugged her back. “You saved him last night.” she looked at you. You smiled, “Its nothing really.”

“Thank you for both of you too.” Sunhae bowed to Baekhyun and Lay. Both of them bowed their heads lightly. “How is he now?” you asked her. “He hasn’t woke up yet..” you squeezed her shoulder and gave her a warm smile. “Can I see him?” Sunhae nodded, took your hand and leaded you to his room leaving the three guys outside.

 

Baekhyun sat beside Sehun while Lay peeked inside Chanyeol’s room. “What really happened last night?” Sehun said. “We’re not sure..” Baekhyun leaned to his seat. “It happened to me once.” Sehun turned to him. “She helped me get though it and now as you already know  I got my memory back.”

“Is that mean he’ll get his memory back when he woke up.”

“There’s a chance.” Baekhyun said. “Believe in us now?” Lay took a seat next to Sehun. Sehun didn’t respond. “Sehun-ah.. I don’t want this to happen again especially to you.” Baekhyun said. “Be very careful okay? You can always come to us whenever you needed.” He added. “I know what happened to Chanyeol terrified you, that’s why I want to believe in us, we can get through this together, with or without your memory we always have each other’s back.” Baekhyun pated Sehun’s shoulder. He looked up and smile.

 

You sat on the chair beside Chanyeol’s bed. Sunhae put the flower you brought in a vase and put it on the nightstand. Chanyeol peaceful face made you feel warm and relieved. At least now he’s safe. “Are you the girl from the showcase?” you turned to Sunhae in confusion. “I mean the first showcase. Oppa always talk about that girl.” You chuckled. “YOU ARE! my my he’s so lucky.”

“Oh wait, have we met before?” you shook your head. “I’m not sure… maybe?”

“AH!!! In the pastry shop! When I was buying Sehun’s birthday cake.” Your eyes grew wider. “What? Oh yeah! Haha this is so weird the world is small.” Sunhae nodded. You just smiled and turned to Chanyeol again. “O! its my dad.. I gotta take this.” Sunhae went out to take the phone call. You took his hand and it. “Phoenix..” you chuckled to your self. “I mean Chanyeol-shi.. please wake up..” his left fingers moved. “I know.. when you wake up everything may not be the same like it used to…” you sighed. “But.. you have to know that you’re not alone. You have us.” His eyelids moved slowly. “Don’t you miss your brothers? I bet you do.. so please.. wake up..” he opened his eyes. You straightened your self. “Phoenix-shi…” he turned to you. “Call me Chanyeol from now.” He said. “with oppa I supposed.” He winked. You nodded still in shock. “Should I call you my star?” your eyes grew wider. “Y-you you got your mem--”

“Baekhyun, light.”

“Sehun, air.”

“Suho, water.”

“Kris, flight. He’s a dragon, he somehow have fire power too.” you stared at him. “not as good as mine of course.”

He laughed. “Why are you staring at me like that?” he rubbed your head. “and you..” he flicked your nose. “are the new star.” You could even explain your emotions right now, you were so happy you just wanted to jump out of the building. He smiled at you and you couldn’t help but to smile too.

 

>> 

 

Hanin watched D.O running around trying to fly the kite he just bought. There weren’t many people on the beach at that time so you let him play like a little kid. Hanin put some sunscreen on her body as she enjoyed the sea in the morning. “DONUT!!” she pointed at the sea. D.O quickly looked at what Hanin pointed at. A body floated on the water. He quickly let go of his kite and jumped to the water. He swam towards the body. He reached his hand and pulled him. “Ya! What are you doing!” the guy said. D.O were surprised. “I-I thought you were drowning…”

“Did I scream for help?” D.O shook his head in fear because of the guy’s firm tone. The guy noticed D.O’s scared expression. “I-I’m sorry, I shouldn’t threw my anger at you like that.”

“I-it’s okay. Should we go back to the shore?” the guy nodded and both of them swam back to the shore. Hanin ran to them. “Are you alright?” both of them nodded. “I thought you were dead or something!” Hanin said to the guy. “Haha I’m sorry to scared you.” He said.

“I’m Donut.” The guy burst into laugh. “What kind of name is that?” D.O glanced at Hanin. “I’m Suho.”