His past, our present, whose future?

Two Moons

 

Kai peeked inside the Dark Master room. He looked around to see if there was anyone around. He quickly came in and closed the door behind him. Walked to the long table the Master had, he checked every side of it and opened the first drawer. To his surprised he found a picture of The Dark Master and his own mother.

 

EXO 50 years ago…

the moon was so clear, rounded big and tremendously bright. Exotics came out of their houses, gathered on the street anticipating one of the most important days in Exo, the birth of the future Queen or King of Exo. “Think it’s going to be a girl!”

“No, Exo needs a male leader, 9 generations of Queens are enough.” One of the street worker said to his pregnant wife. She pouted, disappointed at her husband disagreement. She rubbed her growing belly with lots of hope and prayer.

 

The twelve Crystal Family leaders and their wives, one by one came to the Queen and King’s palace. They nervously waited in a big room. Didn’t know why they felt something bad is going to happen. Back and forth they walked in and out of the room waiting for that crying sound. “What took it so long?” one of them said. “Giving birth is not as easy as controlling the air honey.” His wife said patting his shoulder.  Suddenly they heard a little crying voice from the room. All of them looked at each other and sighed in relieve. But before they think everything is over another crying came, two babies, disaster. “What’s going on?” the healer leader said. “This is not happening!” he who defies time stood up. “There cant be two leaders, we have to separate them from each other.” He who controls fire said. “But how?”

The Queen couldn’t stop crying. She was too in love with both of her newborn babies, she didn’t want to let them go. “The brave, Jungtaek..” she kissed the baby boy’s forehead. “My beautiful, Ara…” she flicked the baby girl’s nose with her own. “Darling...” her husband came in, she could see it in his eyes he brought bad news along with him. “They’ve made their decision, this is the best way to safe both of them and to keep the Royal Family’s name.” a knocked on the door followed their conversation. The Travelers couple from the Pearl Family (their powers are just few levels under the Crystal’s) came in. “We will protect and take care of him well your highness…” the two of them bowed. She cried again hugging her baby boy tightly. The wife came to her and held the baby boy in her arms.

 

Six years old Jungtaek peeked inside the room. His ‘mother’ screamed over and over again, the doctor kept telling her to take a deep breath and push harder. “Jungtaek-ah…” his father called him putting his hand to Jungtaek’s shoulders. Both of their eyes grew wider as they both heard a baby girl’s cry from inside the room. They rushed inside. “Jungtaek-ah.. this is your baby sister.” She was a beautiful baby, big eyes and bright skin with her red little lips. “Can we call her Sojin, mother?” the couple looked at eat other. “Of course! Sojin-ah… this is Jungtaek, you brother…” Jungtaek waved his hand in front of the newborn baby girl. She smiled.

 

“Mother… can you hel—“

“Can’t you see I’m busy with your sister right now?” Jungtaek looked down. “I’m sorry…” he waited for his mother to finish whatever she was doing with the baby. But she seemed tooooo into her daughter, she didn’t even came out of her room. “Father!” Jungtaek hugged his father as he came home from work. “Where’s your mother and sister?” without even bothering to look at him. “In Sojin’s room.. father look I made this..” he raised his drawing of their family but his father left him to see his daughter. From that day he had had it. He hate his own sister or.. he thought was his sister.

 

His father smacked his legs with a stick. Jungtaek squeezed his eyes shut bearing the pain. “Who could you do that to your sister huh?!” he hit him one more time. Jungtaek kept his lips sealed. “Father… please stop. Its not Jungtaek oppa’s fault.” Their father looked at her and left the room. Sojin quickly walked up to Jungtaek, “Oppa… gwencanayeo?” but he snapped her hands and walked away.

 

“Sojin-ah!!! Your brother got into a fight again!!” Sojin dropped her books and quickly ran to the field. Everyone was cheering for his opponent, of course, because he’s one of the Crystal Family future leader, the son of the Travelers. “Come on! Why don’t you transport away huh? Why don’t you use your power? I know its not as good as mine but you can try..” the guy disappeared and reappeared in front of Jungtaek and punched his face. “That’s enough Jonghoon oppa!” Sojin stood in front of Jungtaek. “Move!” Jungtaek pushed Sojin, she fell to the ground. “Ya!” that made Jonghoon grew furious. Jonghoon took Jungtaek by the collar and held him until Jungtaek lifted from the ground. “Jonghoon oppa.. please..” he looked at Sojin’s pleading eyes and let Jungtaek go. Then left.

“Ah..” Jungtaek hissed as Sojin put some antiseptic to his wounds. “Hang on okay..” Sojin looked at him in concern. Jungtaek looked away but her beauty caught his eyes. How she still have that soft and bright skin just like when she was born, those big eyes and strawberry red lips. “What?” Sojin asked, he quickly looked away. Days, years, passed. He couldn’t even believe in him self that he fell for his own sister. When everyone around him acted like jerks she was always there for him. Those flying fire balls, those sudden lightening and those moving things, he didn’t give a about it when she was there to help him. The one that was sincerely nice towards him.

 

Jungtaek glanced at Sojin. He looked at her from head to toe, she looked unbelievably gorgeous that day. “What are you so happy about?” he asked as he put down the scoop he used to plant the red roses Sojin likes. She looked down hiding her redden cheek. “I bonded.” Jungtaek eyes shot open. “With who?”

“Jonghoon oppa.” Since that day Jungtaek left the house, doing bad things on the street until that one time he got arrested and sent to the castle to hear his last punishment. The day he found out that he was actually the Queen and King’s son, Princess Ara’s twin brother. He was furious he almost destroyed the whole castle down. Exotics were all shocked hearing the rumors, which made the Royal Family and The Crystal Family panicked. They held a big conference for a quite long time and they made their decision, Jungtaek must be sent out of Exo. Jungtaek kneeled down in the middle on the room with everyone’s eyes on him. “Just sent him away!” he, the leader of all lightening power said. Suddenly the door opened. Sojin rushed in and kneeled in front of Jungtaek protectively. “What are you doing here Sojin?!” the leader of the travelers, Jonghoon’s father, her soon to be father in law, stood up in anger. “Please.. don’t, don’t do this to him…” she begged. Jungtaek’s eyes grew wider when she started to cry. Sojin’s father quickly came down from his seat and pulled Sojin away.

 

>> 

 

“Oppa??” you opened Baekhyun’s room but greeted by Luhan instead of Baekhyun. “O! sorry..” you closed the door but he blocked it with his power and the door slammed open. “Ishh” he was annoyed by the slamming sound, it wouldn’t be like that if you didn’t hold on to it. “Wh-what?” you asked as he came closer. “Lets go to the park with me.”

“Eh?” no way… did he just.. You blinked at him. “Take that as a yes.” He grabbed his wallet on the top of the drawer and pulled out of the room. “Chen! I’m going out.” He shouted. “Neeee~” Chen shouted from his room. Tao tilted his head and peeked outside. He saw a glimpse of Luhan holding your hand. He wanted to be in his place. “When will you stop pretending Tao?” Chen said with eyes still locked to his book. Tao quickly turned around and straightened himself walking back to his bed. When will I? he asked himself.

Both of you walked side by side, you didn’t know where you just carefully watch him in case he took a sudden turn or stop, which usually gonna be his excuses to mock you and make fun of you if you.. do.. anything basically. It was a pretty chill night, reminded both of you that it was Autumn already. You rubbed your arms with your hands feeling the cold breeze tickled your soft skin. Luhan grabbed your hand and pulled you inside a tiny pastry shop, a new must try cake shop in town. “What are we doing here? Aren’t we supposed to go to the park?” you asked him looked around the place. It was actually very nice, the warm atmosphere and the smell of sweets just blend perfectly. “It’s freezing outside. I don’t want you to get sick.” why is he suddenly nice to you? He glanced at you, “Don’t get me wrong.. cause I don’t want Baekhyun to scold me for making you sick.” He said, eyes on the-oh-so-yummy cakes inside the display window. You puckered your lips getting annoyed by his annoying words. He glanced at you and chuckled. “Miss.. can I get this one and…” he looked at you. You pointed at a red velvet roll cake. “Sit there.” You walked to the table and sat there waiting for him. Minutes later he came with your cake and a hot caramel latte. You looked at him wondering where he found out bout it or he just randomly picked the coffee. “I always have my ways.” He said. You chuckled on how he resembled Lay so much, he is more talkative than Lay though and of course more annoying. “Thank you..” you ignored his words and quickly took a spoon of the cake. “So…” he started to eat his too. You glanced at him wondering what we was going to ask you this time. “What’s up with you and Baekhyun? Did you two break up or something? Cause he seemed to be awkward around you lately.” you quickly swallowed it down before the cake choked you. “What do you mean by that?”

“You know.. you and Baekhyun.. you both look like you have a thing with each—“

“Okay okay wait oppa. Don’t get this wrong. We are close, since we live together for a quite some times now but not like that!” you tried to keep yourself calm, hiding your nervousness. Luhan smiled in happiness. “I have to tell Chanyeol about this then?”

“Wh- tell him what?”

“That you’re not dating Baekhyun since I think Chanyeol likes you too and—“ your eyes grew wider. This isn’t happening. “Wait or maybe I was wrong? It’s not Baekhyun, you have a thing with Chanyeol?”

“Oppa!!! Waeirae!!!” you shook his hand that was on the table. “Its true! Its Chanyeol!!”

“Noooo oppa!! I don’t have any special feeling towards him.” Not that I know… you glanced at him. He couldn’t hide his satisfaction, he was smiling proudly that he finally could hear it from your own mouth. “Fine fine..” he nodded still with his mocking expression. “But seriously.. what happened to Baekhyun?” he asked. You felt the same.. you didn’t know what’s wrong with him, he acted weird especially since that day. You shook your head for answer. “Are you going to finish that or not?” he asked staring at your cake. You quickly protectively put your arms around your plate. “Don’t you dare.” You glared at him followed by a chuckle. He smiled seeing you back to normal you again. “Ahh.” Luhan touched his chest. “O-oppa.. what’s wrong?”

 

>> 

 

“I think something wrong is going on back in Exo.. I can feel it.” Suho said drinking his coffee. Baekhyun felt the same for the past days, everything seemed out of place for him. He bit his fingers wondering what could possibly happen. “Baekhyun-ah…”

“Yes hyung?” he looked up. “To be honest.. I’m scared.” Baekhyun rested his elbows on the table listened to Suho carefully. Suho played with his coffee, he did a circle motion with his fingers and the coffee followed his lead. He didn’t continue his sentence. He thought about the life he had here, his family… and everything that happened here, those beautiful memories he had to give up just for the sake of something he couldn’t even remember. It was nice to hear the story from the others and being around these boys made him feel like home. But the idea of risking his life for something he didn’t even known, bothered him. You’re a leader! how could you think about these stuff Suho. He scolded him self. “We got your back hyung. I know this is though for you because of you memory lost but I’m sure you’re still the same, the great leader Suho I used to know.” Baekhyun squeezed Suho’s wrist. Suho looked up and smiled at him. Suho titled his head, “Is there something bothering you too Baekhyun-ah?” there was silence for a moment when Baekhyun tried to put a right to the point question.

“What if we are supposed to stay here?” that was right to the point. Suho raised his eyebrow, “Excuse me?”. Baekhyun remembered the letter again. “I really don’t get it why did the Queen sent us here.”

“To find the star and bring her home right?” Baekhyun shook his head. “The mission was to find her and that’s it.” Suho’s eyes grew wider.

 

>> 

 

Kai waited for the others Dark Master’s servants to come. “What is it?” about 30 of them came. He turned around. “Find the ship seekers and do what you want to them, all five of them.”

“Kill them?” Kai grabbed the guy’s by the collar, close enough for the guy to clearly see Kai’s red eyes. “If I heard someone is dead from one of them or one of us, I’ll kill you with my own hands.” Pretty confusing huh?