Closer.

Two Moons

 

“Seolrae-ah…” you looked up from the magazine you were reading and found Suho stood blocking the tv screen you but not even lay an eye on. “Its Jiho’s birthday today.”

“What?! Oh really! we should get something for him!” you put the magazine on the side table. Suho nodded, “Well actually my family is going to have a dinner at home.” You looked at him. “T-that’s great…”

“Would you come with me?”

“Eh? Is it really okay? I mean its your family dinner.”

“No no no its okay and beside Jiho told me to asked you to come too and.. my.. yea..” you chuckled and stood up. “Okay.. but you have to take me somewhere first.” Suho nodded.

 

“Oppa.. lets go there!” you dragged Suho inside the store. You looked around the guy’s section. You put on a black fedora with blue strap around it and posed on the mirror. Suho chuckled. You giggled and put it on Suho’s head. You stared at him head to toe and shook your head as you pouted. “Try this.” You handed him a simple black cap as you put the fedora back to its place. Suho put it on and looked at him self in the mirror. He glanced at you asking for your opinion. “Nahh to simple. Maybe a shirt or polo shirt?” Suho shrugged trusting everything to you. “You’re so not helping.” He chuckled and followed you. You grabbed few polo shirts from the hanger and held it up with both of your hands. “Which one?” you turned around. Suho tilted his head, putting his index finger on his chin pretending to think. “He likes red and probably blue.”

“Red and blue it is.” you turned around again to put the other shirts back to the hanger but your hand were too full to do anything. Suho took the shirts from your hand and put it back to the hanger. “Thank you..” you said to him. “Let me hold that for you.” He took the red and blue shirts from your hand. “Aren’t these too much Seolrae? you don’t have to do this really.” he walked beside you. “Anni oppa.. its okay.. I feel bad for Jiho too cause I don’t have time to visit him and beside its also a present for his graduation.” He smiled at you, happy that you were really care for his little brother. After you paid the present both of you went out of the store. “Ya! Seolrae-ah where are you going?” he followed you to the other way. “We have to buy something for your parents. Maybe cake for dessert?”

“My mom probably got everything prepared.”

“Ishh oppa! We still have to bring something for them..” you looked around the hall of stores. From pastries to bakeries. “Uwaaaa that looks nice oppa!” you leaned to the glass window of a pudding shop. You stared at the-oh so yummy wiggling caramel pudding like a kid. Suho chuckled at your childishness. He opened the door, “Seolrae.” you turned to him as he held the door open for you, your eyes brightened and excitingly went inside. You picked five puddings and went to the cashier to pay for it. Suho held your wrist and gave the cashier his money instead. “But oppa…” he softly smiled and thanked the cashier as she gave him the change and took the lovely package of the pudding. Even if he got so many things in his hand but he still insisted to open the door for you, the cashier even squealed with the other waitress as they watched Suho’s manners. “Thank you.. let me help you with that.”

“No its okay, it’s a long walk to the bus stop, should we just take a taxi?”

“Euum yea maybe we should cause its almost 7 already!” he nodded.

 

“So this is the girl.. she’s so beautiful Suho-ah..” you glanced at Suho and slightly bowed to his mom and dad. Suho looked away hiding his nervousness. “Yoon Seolrae imnida.. nice to meet both of you Mister and Mistress Kim.” You bowed again. “Seolrae noona!” Jiho just got out form his room. “Jihoyaaa~ happy birthday and congratulation for you graduation!” you handed him his present. “Uwaaa noona kamsahambnida~” you smiled seeing his bright eyes. You felt like you already knew his family for a long time, they were so warm and easy going. You knew now why Suho loved his family so much and didn’t want to lose them at all. His mom always said things regarding both of you and Suho relationship. You always glanced at Suho for answer while he kept denying everything his mom said. While his dad trying to held his wife uncontrollable questions. Jiho just laughed at everything that happened. “Mom.. please can you stop? We’re just friends.” Suho said. “But you’re still single right Seolrae?” you nodded. “See! She’s single! What are you waiting for!”

“Honey.. please.. you made Seolrae feel uncomfortable…” you chuckled. “No its okay really…” Suho glared at you, he seemed to get it all wrong. “So you like him?” you nodded. “N-not in that kind of way..” you awkwardly let out a chuckle. “but who wouldn’t like him? He’s such a gentlemen.” You added. Jiho kicked Suho’s feet under the table. His mom’s smiled grew wider.

 

“Look this is Suho on his 6th birthday. Isn’t he just cute!!” his mom talked about everything about his childhood. You always caught his confusion and blank answer every time his mom or dad asked whether he remembered it or not.

 

On your way home you could feel his changing aura, we was now so gloomy. “Suho oppa.. what’s wrong?” the turned his head from the taxi’s window to you. He shook his head. “Oppa~ I know something’s wrong.. you can tell me..” you said touched his arm. He sighed… “Its just that… I don’t even remember anything my mother and father said earlier.. about my childhood.” He said. You squeezed his arm, you didn’t know what else to say to do. “Yesterday.. when I saw fixing the ship with Kris, Tao and Baekhyun.. they talked about their life in Exo Planet and I didn’t understand anything about it.” He let out a sigh again. “I feel so lost..” he looked down. You bite your lower lip trying to find some comforting words but you seemed to lost everything. You just held his hand and rested your head on his shoulder. “You’re not alone oppa..” he softened and rested his head on top of yours. “Thank you so much.”

“For?”

“For today.. and for now.” he your hand. “What if I couldn’t remember my real parents.” He suddenly said. You squeezed his hand. “Even if he erased your memory about your parents but he couldn’t erase the bond between a child and their parents oppa.. you’re still their son with or without your memory.” He closed his eyes.. you words and the scent of your shampoo, relaxed him a bit. He thanked you again and you nodded staring at both of your and his fingers intertwined and soon you drifted to a quite nap.

 

>> 

 

“Suho my son… our family Suho (guardian).” Suho’s mom touched their family portrait in their mansion living room. She misses her only son terribly. “Honey…” her husband, Suho’s father, the leader of the water controller greeted her. He knew what was his wife doing in there cause he did the same when he misses his only successor. Suho’s mom turned to face her husband, asking him what’s going on. “The Parks called.” He said sighing. “They’ve talked to the Queen.” She listened carefully. “They said.. our sons are not coming back.” Suho’s mom gasped. She can feel tears piled up her eyes. Suho’s dad pulled her into his embrace. “Please… believe in her and believe in Suho. I know this is for a better future and I know Suho will make us proud.” She hugged back, bearing the pain in her heart. “The others….” Suho’s father said. “Still insisted to leave Exo Planet.” She pulled off. “What?” he nodded. “How could they! You’re the leader! Have you talked to them?”

“I did.. but they.. I don’t know.. I feel like I don’t know them anymore.”

“We should held a meeting.”

“They wont listen.”

“Hey hey.. honey look at me..” she cupped his face. “You are the leader. Don’t get weak and don’t be scare.” He sighed and gave his wife a bitter smile. I feel like I don’t deserve this tittle anymore.

 

“You’re the leader! She’ll listen to you.” Chanyeol’s dad said to Kris’s dad. “I cant.”

“Why cant you?” Kris’s dad turned around. “Look here Chanbi.. I don’t want to join your rebellion towards her.”

“But we need to survive! And this is not an insurgency, we have rights to protect our and family.”

“and they have rights to feel protected by us! The Exotics needs us Chanbi!” they glared at each other. “I should’ve gave my tittle to you.” Chanbi, Chanyeol’s dad left his best friend there dumbfounded. Kris’s dad came to his sense and his emotion started to build up. He punched the wall cracked. Brotherhood can’t keep up with the lust for power. Can we still trust each other?

 

>> 

 

You jumped a bit when Kris threw the iron to the ground. He pushed him self out of the ship, groaning in annoyance. You stared at him in horror. “Sorry.” He said as he walked to the table where you put his lunch down. He slammed his body to the wooden chair. You were worry about him so you decided to took a seat on the stair, waiting for him to talk to you or… kick you out of the basement. He looked up realizing you weren’t going out any time soon. He sighed and drank down the apple juice. “I’m okay.” As he put the glass down. “Doesn’t look like it.” You said with chin rested on your knee. “What’s wrong?” you added. “I couldn’t seem to get it right.”

“The ship?” he nodded. “I don’t know what’s wrong with it.. and I found many parts of the machine are missing, its like someone stole it and I don’t know how or with what I can fix it.” You stared at him in worry, you never seen he stressed out before. How you wish you turned into Einstein and help them to finish the ship. “I’m sorry I could do anything to help…” he looked at you and softened. “Its okay Seolrae.. you had been very helpful to keep us alive every day.” He ate the food you cooked for him. “See that.” He said. You smiled to him and it just put his mood back. “Seolrae-ah..”

“Em?” you lifted your head from your knees. He pulled another chair beside him and taped it, telling you to sit there. You stood up and walked towards the chair and sat down. You thought he was going to say anything but he just kept silent eating his food. You watched him finished the food, the plate had no spot on it, someone was definitely hungry. He glanced at you as he drank empty the glass of apple juice. A little smile appeared on his face. “Would you stay here for a while..”

“For what?”

“I just need a company.” You nodded. He asked you to help you out handing him the tools but you ended up giving him the wrong tools and he kept scolding you for not remembered they name and the function of each and every tools. “Oppa! I’m a girl, what do you expect from me!” Kris laughed as he saw your whined face. He sat up and wiped the oil to your nose. “Oppa!” you slapped his hand and looked at your self to the shiny ship. There as a black spot on your nose, your eyes grew wider. “Ya! Kris oppa!!!” he quickly stood up and ran away from you. You tried to catch him but you tripped.

 

Lay turned around as his door slammed open. His eyes shot open as he saw Kris holding you in his arms bridal style, your hands hanging on to his neck and both of you were dirty as with oil marks all over your face. “She sprained her ankle.” Kris said. Lay stared at both of you again, with jealousy this time. “Take her to the hospital.” He spun his chair around. You and Kris looked at each other in confusion. “Alright.”

Wait Xiu Min hyung is at his office and Chen took the other car. Kris hyung will carry her like that to the hospital. NO WAY.

Before Kris could close the door Lay quickly caught it. “Wait.” He said. “Put her on my bed.” He said. You glanced at Kris again and turned to Lay. Kris put you down on Lay’s bed and stood there waiting for you. Lay looked at Kris. “Don’t you have anything else to do hyung?” Kris raised his eyebrow. What the hell is wrong with this kid?

“Yea guess I better go back to the basement. Thanks Lay.” Lay nodded to him and back to heal your ankle. You looked at his soft gaze when he healed your ankle gently. “Thank you oppa…” you smiled to him. He smiled back at you.

 

>> 

 

“Dagger in the stone, the symbol of  the vow—“

“SEOLRAE~” you jumped a bit when you heard Xiu Min’s voice calling you. You put the book back on your nightstand and walked out of your room. “What?!” you shouted. “Come here! Someone wanted to see you!”