Chapter 66

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

You shifted to your position when you feel the ray of the sun prickled through your skin. The bed still smells like Woohyun but you know that by this time he has left you for Seoul to record their new album and to learn the steps for their comeback song.

He wouldn’t want to go at first because he was worried that you will be left alone at the house. But you urge him to go back because his fans needed him more than you do. He has an obligation to them and his dream is to perform, you are not in the position to be a hindrance to that because what makes him happy, makes you complete as well.

You touched your head, the headache was gone now though your body still feels weak, a normal stuff for you.

You pushed yourself out of the bed when you heard something under on the floor. You searched for the culprit of the noise and found a white box so you stood up to open it and saw a cute, brown Pomeranian looking at you intently.

 

tumblr_l4wv5wroql1qb2vmjo1_400.jpg

 

You gaped at the dog and raised him before hugging him to your chest saying, “How did you get here, you cute little thing?”

You inhaled the dog’s scent and realized that its fur has the same scent as Woohyun’s perfume. You reached for the dog’s collar because a paper was attached to it that says..

 

"He will replace me now that I’m away. I hope you won’t miss me too much though I’m missing you right now just by seeing you peacefully sleeping. Take care of yourself. I love you ♡"

 

You scrunched your eyebrows on Woohyun’s heart. He is the only guy you know who’s not afraid to show everyone the greasy side of him. He’s more showy and you’re the girl here.

You examined the dog when you heard it yap. You raised it again, now touching its nose with yours, “So you’re a guy. What should I call you?”

You had a dog once but that was way back when you were little and you haven’t met Dahae, yet. You never had the chance to have a dog while growing up because the girl’s afraid of the dog, as well.

You had a list of cute names that you’ve thought once you had the chance to own a dog but then just by seeing the dog clearly reminds you of Woohyun, especially those puppy dog eyes he love to make to annoy you because he knows you hate it when he’s being all cutesy on you.

"What should I name you, little guy?" You asked again while poking it on the nose.

 

'Won-dwaeji!'

'Shut up, Woo-sungi! I'm trying to focus here'

 

You remembered those times when the two of you would always bicker. Back when you were just Woohyun’s assistant. When he said, he likes your sister. Back when he was not yours.

"Woosungi.." You whispered. "Do you like that name, young boy?" You inhaled the dog and hugged him tightly. He immediately responded with a bark, that he agrees with his name.

You kept on hugging the dog tightly and played with it until you heard the doorbell rang. You frowned and lay the dog slowly on the floor, “Stay there, Woosungi”.

You rushed to the front door to see a familiar reflection on the door’s glass that was attached to its sides. You quickly opened the door and greeted, “Myungsoo! What’re you doing here?”

He pouted and entered your house, “Why? Am I not welcome here?”

You chuckled at him and closed the door, “I didn’t say anything. I was just surprised since Woohyun’s on his way to Seoul. Why are you here, anyway? Don’t you have to practice or something?”

He paved his way to the refrigerator, leaving his coat on the couch, “I was told that I’m needed here more than I was needed in Seoul so I rushed my way here since I get to see you, anyway. I’ve already recorded some of my parts, he’s the only one that we need and the album would be complete”.

You nodded in agreement and sat on the dining chair, eyeing him. He rummaged through your refrigerator, opening & closing tupperwares, giving off disgusted expressions saying, “Don’t you have anything here, besides vegetables?”

"Now you know how I feel. Do you know how hard it is to eat vegetables without even having to taste meat? I was allowed to eat meat but Woohyun insists vegetables are healthier" You rolled your eyes and placed your palms under your chin.

"Says the guy who loves to order Samgyupsal and Korean beef" He snickered and then closed your refrigerator. "So.. Do you want to go out now? I’m really starving and my head hurts from the flight. I need meat to regain my energy"

"Now? But I just woke up and I haven’t showered yet" You gave him a startled expression.

"Then just go change, you don’t need to shower anyway" He sat on the chair in front of you and fixed his hair. "I haven’t showered for at least a week now and look at me and see how I still look perfect without the power of water"

You looked at him in disgust, “Ewww! That explains the smell. I thought it was Woosungi”

And just right on cue, Woosungi came in running towards Myungsoo and Myungsoo’s feet asking for a lift from the guy. Myungsoo carried him on his arms and said, “Hello there, big guy..”. He played with its paws and then look at you, “What’s its name again?”

"Woosungi.." You repeated.

You watched the two played like they’ve been bestfriends ever since Woosungi was born. You told Myungsoo that you’re going to change first while he was playing with the dog and he immediately shoo-ed you away so he can play with the dog more.

You looked at Myungsoo and felt sorry for everything he’ve been through. You were secretly hoping that he’s fine now even though you know it’s still a little awkward for the two of you.

'I wish he would get a girlfriend sooner', You thought.

 

 

 

Minutes later, you return with a bonnet on your right hand, eager to put it on Myungsoo’s head because people might notice him and a misunderstanding might flare because of you.

You stopped in front of him and tucked all his hairs unfashionably inside the bonnet. When no hair was visible, you smiled at him and said, “There you go”.

He frowned and turned his back on you to search for a mirror, “Why do I have to wear this?”

"Because someone might recognize you and the last thing I want right now is to have a scandal with you" You crossed your arms and eyed his expression. Even though you already tuck all his hairs inside, his handsome face stands out but not in a cute kind but a delinquent kind of way.

"That’s gotta hurt, sis. Do I look ugly to you? I’m the visual remember?" He looked at you, acting like he’s hurt then he clutches to his heart.

"I’m not saying you’re ugly but having a scandal with you is like even though it’s not true"

"Aww that’s double hit, sis. Please stop!" He kneeled and pretended that he was wounded. You laughed at his reactions and you felt light-headed that he only sees these things as a joke, now not personally.

He was about to remove his bonnet (because he says he look like he shave his head and someone who uses drugs) when you placed your hand on top of his to stop him and said, “I’m not embarassed of you but I’m embarassed for you. Seeing Infinite’s visual with someone like me is like having a death wish. I don’t want them to recognize you because I really want to enjoy this time with you. Do you understand me?”

His face soften, eyes fallen in sadness. “But you’re my sister. They can’t just-“.

"That’s not what they know" You gave him a meek smile before leaving him in the living room staring at you in awe. He knew that somewhere in those words, you were hurting but what could be the reason? It’s like you and Woohyun were like the perfect couple. And he knew Woohyun for some time now and he knew he wouldn’t hurt you or your feelings.

 

 

 

You were walking with Myungsoo through the market when you saw a corn dog stand which made you rush to it and said, “Can you buy me this one?”

You clasped your head then pleaded, “Please please please, I’m really craving for this one”.

Myungsoo gave you a straight face and said, “This isn’t good for your heal-“. You cut him off and said, “Oh please don’t be like Woohyun. He won’t know about this right?”

He crossed his arms, still unconvinced. You nudged him and then rolled your eyes. You looked at the lady vendor and said, “Two corndogs please”.

"Two?!"

"Yeah. I heard the corndogs here are delicious so I decided to buy another one for you" You smiled at him. "Can you please forget that I am sick today?"

Myungsoo opened his mouth to protest then closed it. He just looked at you with sincere eyes, deliberating on the things he should do.

You squeezed his hands tightly and smiled, “Please.. Just today”

Before Myungsoo could answer, the vendor called you because your corndog was now ready. She offered you two sticks, which you gave the other one to Myungsoo. You didn’t wait for him to protest and took a bite of your corndog.

Myungsoo stared at you in awe, “I’m going to tolerate you just today, okay? Just don’t tell Woohyun about this because I’ll receive numerous punch in the face and he hits hard next to Howon hyung”. He snatched for some coins on his pocket and paid some before joining you for a walk again.

It was no surprise that he loved the corndog that he bought and that made him crave for more food.

You stopped your tracks in front of a cart of stuffed pancakes. You ordered 4 cups since both of you were craving for this one as well. The problem with this one is he can only agree to let you eat the pancake if you would choose the vegetable-flavoured one making him taste the sweet stuffed pancake - your favorite.

You nudged him as he shoved the pancake to his mouth through his chopsticks. You pretended to cough and mumbled, “C-Can I have a bite of the one that you’re eating?”

He smiled and shook his head before he took another bite. You pouted then you continued eating on your pancake until you realize that there’s a dangling pancake in front of you, waiting to be swallowed.

You didn’t hesitate and ate it immediately. He smiles seeing you munching through the food until he heard the ahjumma say, “What beautiful couple”.

You nearly choke and laugh, “No, he’s my brother. Handsome man, is he?”

He smiled shyly at the ahjumma then continue munching at his food, lowering his red face.

"My! Two beautiful offsprings then. I hope you enjoyed the food I served" She smiled slyly and looked at Myungsoo.

You bowed and thanked the lady for the food and grabbed him by the arm before anyone would recognize him. You ate a lot of food, from skewers to blood sausages up to the ddukbokki that was placed at the end of the street.

He didn’t bother saying no to you and just continued to eat his food, normally. You bought some things on the mart not too close to the market until you realized that it was already dawn.

 

It was fun spending the day with him especially he keeps on whining about his complains about the other members and the amount of sleep he gets. He never fails to make you laugh at his jokes and that made you miss him more.

You stopped walking at a playground and insisted that you need to get rest for a moment from all the walking you’ve done. You sat on one of the swings and held the chain tightly. Myungsoo sat on the swing beside you, but he is facing the other way so he can see your face clearly.

"Thank you for making this day possible, Myungsoo" You mumbled and then smiled at him, meekly.

You saw him plastered a smile on his face then said, “Why are you saying that, like it’s so impossible to be with you? I mean all you need is call or text me. I won’t mind even if Jeju is far away, as long as I’m here for you”

You had your mouth shut and then looked at the trees in front of you. You opened your mouth and muttered, “I-I know I shouldn’t be saying this but… I’m sorry, Myungsoo. I’m really sorry for everything”. You looked at the sky to keep your eyes from tearing up.

He chuckled inwardly, “That’s okay. I just misunderstood everything, you know. I realized I was looking for a sister not a girlfriend and I’m glad it was you though. I mean, girls will always be there, they come and go but sisters, they’re family and a family will always be there for you”

"Always there, huh?" You snickered.

Myungsoo looked at you in panic. That was not what he meant. He lowered his head and whispered, “I wish you could stay longer and always be here for me”

You felt a tear run through your left eye and forced a smile. You pointed on his chest and said, “Well, I’m always here if you would let me..”

Myungsoo looked away to hide the pain in his eyes. He can’t even console you at this kind of time because he, himself is already tearing up inside. It feels like you are saying goodbye to him but he doesn’t want you to.

"I just wish I could be there when you got married to a caring and a loving wife who can understand you in everything you do" You started crying and wiping your tears with the sleeves of your sweatshirt. "See my nieces and nephews get older.."

"See you get known by more people through the photos you are taking because I know you love taking pictures so much"

"Open a gallery filled with fantastic pictures that you are proud of"

"See you grow old, happy.." You said through your muffled sobs. He remained quiet as he crouched down, rubbing the tears away from his eyes.

"Stop please" He stood up from his seat and glared at you. "Stop saying like this is goodbye"

"I’m not saying goodbye, Myungsoo" You whispered. "I’m hoping to be alive for more years…"

"Do you know how much it hurts to know that you are my long lost brother just recently? Like if we haven’t been separated for a few years, I think we’ve spent a lot more time with each other. You are one of the dearest persons in my life. It is hard to say goodbye you know" You explained through your tears. He reached down to your height. He do understand you and he knows how much you are hurting inside and he hates himself because he can’t do anything to make it go away.

He wiped your tears and hushed, “Please stop crying. I hate it when you cry especially of it’s because of me”.

You hugged him tightly, “I’m sorry if I can’t be a normal sister to you. I really hate how my life turns out but I’m not saying I regret everything because I have all of you and that’s what matters to me right now”

"Thank you for being there for me.. Chandoo" You inhaled his scent through the tight hug and he let you. If this is the least thing he could do to make everything feel light for you, he can do it. You are one of the most important persons in his life and no matter how hard it is, he’ll do everything just for you