Chapter 63

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

You had your arms wrapped around Woohyun while lying underneath the tree nearby the cliff you were standing a while ago. You placed your head on his chest, feeling his fast heart beat with your eyes closed. You could feel his heavy breathing and you could smell his familiar scent as you traced his features from his small, dazzling eyes to his nose up to his plump lips, making you nibble your bottom lip in joy.

So this is what it feels like falling in love and owning the man whom you truly love and cherish. You thought.

You eyed him as he had one of his hands at the back of his head while the other one locks you inside of him, inhaling the scent of your hair and looking at the stars above you.

It was serene and beautiful. The two of you, lying beside each other thinking nothing but the future ahead the both you.

You sulked and frowned as you thought, why do things have to be like this for the both of us? Why now? 

Woohyun snapped you out of your thoughts when you heard him say, “Isn’t this amazing?”

"Hmm?" You hummed curiously, as you looked at him.

"The two of us. Here. Alone. It’s peaceful having you here beside me, you know" He mumbled through your hair. "I was afraid you’d never accept me as your man. I was afraid that you’ll let me stand there as you run away because you’re not ready to get married yet".

He let out a gentle laugh, “Thanks, Wonhee”.

"What?" You snorted and frowned at him. "What are you thanking for?". You ducked your head low concealing your blushing from embarassment, "I love you enough to say, ‘I do’, you know".

Woohyun chuckled at your shyness so he lifted up your chin and adjusted it to his angle, “Are you blushing?”. You slapped his hands away and looked at the stars, “I’m not blushing, okay. I was just explaining things to you”.

Woohyun smiled inwardly as he kissed your temple, “Seriously Wonhee, thank you for accepting me. You’re my family now, you are the kind of family I never had. I don’t know why but just by the sound of your voice or by hearing you laugh, it simply shifts me back home. You make me feel like I’m home”.

"Are you sweet-talking me?" You laughed at him. "That’s like the cheesiest thing I’ve ever heard".

"Why?! I’m telling the truth. My parents, they’re just there whenever they need me. I don’t remember them worrying for me or anything. With Infinite, I have a family but our brotherhood was more like a friendship rather than something unrequited that you can find in a family. We only talk whenever we want to. I’m not saying this just because I love you. I’m saying this because from the moment I first kissed you when I had no one else to go, I knew that somewhere deep inside me that this stranger. This girl, made me feel complete. I thought I like Dahae but there’s more to that. I realized I’m only using her as an excuse to be with you and I’m dumb for not realizing that in the first place" He said sincerely. He removed your fringe from your eyes and stared intently at you. "I just hope you didn’t think of me marrying you just because you’re sick. I love you and I want to spend the rest my life with you. I don’t want to have any more regrets, Wonhee. Especially if it’s all because of you".

"Y-You don’t have to say that. I was just joking" You tried to looked him, trying to conceal the sadness in your eyes. And before you could realized, tears were now flowing from your eyes.

Woohyun’s expression changed when he saw you crying, he wiped your tears and hushed, “Hey, stop crying. I didn’t mean to say that. I was just being honest with you. I never meant-“.

"You’re so dumb. I’m not crying because of that. I’m crying because I’m touched" You let out chuckles as you wiped your tears.

"All I wanted to say is… I read your childhood bucket list. There was a part there where you said, ‘Dance with my Dad’. Have you ever done that with him, ever?"

You shook your head, “Nope. Not that I could remember”.

"Well then…"

He grabbed something from his backpack. You followed him curiously and realized he was getting some powder and a box with specs inside. “What’s that?!” You inquired, confused.

He grabbed some powder and puffed it on his head making them slightly whitish because of the light from the moon gleaming on it. Then as for the last touch, he used the specs inside the box waiting for your reaction.

But all you did was laughed at him, “Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?”.

He glowered at you, “Stop laughing! I’m doing this for you”. “What?! You look ridiculous!” You pointed out as you continued to laugh at him.

"Well I was granting your wish of having a dance your dad. If you don’t dance with me, young lady then you’re missing your chance. All the ladies in Korea wants to dance with me, statistically speaking" Woohyun crossed his arms, tapping his foot waiting for you. He even looked at his watch, impatiently to make you feel cornered.

"But you were not my dad, Woohyun. He’s dead! You can’t bring him back, okay? Maybe I should’ve just crossed that. It’s not important anyway" You rolled your eyes. "You’re my husband. Don’t try to act like him"

Woohyun sulked, feeling so disappointed. “It’s important. I can feel it. He’s the first man you’ve ever had in your life and the way you are acting now signals that you still care for him. That you should’ve had the chance to dance with him. You were just a kid, back then yes! But I knew deep down there, that you misses him. I know you still want to do this with him”.

"Yes! I want to do that before I die. So what?! He died. He’s gone. There’s nothing you can do. It’s not like you can bring him back from the dead or something" You protested, wiping your tears.

He grabbed you by the hand and pulled you towards him. He kissed your forehead and the he wiped your tears. “Hey, I know it’s hard for you but like I said a while ago, I want you to be my family. Can’t you treat me as yours? After all, I’m your husband, right?”.

You patiently waited for his words as you felt the tip of his finger tracing your cheeks.

"And a part of my responsibility is to be a dad, a friend & a loved one to you. I’m not trying to make fun of him. I’m just trying to fulfill something in the name of him for you" He said, truthfully. "Will you trust me?"

You nodded without second choices and smiled. He offered you his hand and said, “Close your eyes. Imagine you and your dad dancing, somewhere you wanted it to be and then follow my lead, okay”.

You didn’t wait for him to cue because by the time he said that to you, your left hand was already on his shoulder while your right hand was clasped on his left, intertwining both of your fingers. You felt his hand your waist, closing the distance between the two of you. You closed your eyes as you felt Woohyun did the move.

You giggled inwardly because you just can’t imagine your dad dancing like this especially having the same soft hands as Woohyun. You loved the thought that he’ve made an effort just to complete your bucket list even if that was the most impossible thing to do.

"Woohyun, can you do me a favor?" You whispered on his ear. "What?" He answered.

"Can you sing for me? To make this moment more magical" You responded, still with your eyes closed.

He chuckled, his eyes closed, “Of course. What would you want me to sing?”

"Your first solo song" You smiled. "Time"

He frowned, “But that’s not a father-daughter song”. “Please” You pleaded trying to make him sing that song for you.

"O-Okay"

 

 

He started to sing his song for you while dancing with his eyes closed. You peeked at him and you realized that he was doing the same thing as you.

‘Good thing he was some sort of a good dancer’. You thought

He swayed you as you two, moved in circles. Thankfully, you were wearing your socks right now because he would be in a lot of trouble if you have a high heeled shoe with you.

You just realized how eager he is to do this with you because even if you’re not seeing it, you know you kept on stepping on his foot every now and then but you never felt him flinch or anything.

He twirled you and enveloped you for an embrace while dancing. You clung unto him tightly, never wanting to let go. It’s like you were a child and he was the most important toy you have and you just can’t let anyone take that toy away from you.

For the first time, you realized that good things must really come to an end. You are not healthy and sooner or later, you’ll leave him and he will be alone because of you.

You don’t want to let go because he’s too precious to you to do so.

You’ve never felt this happiness before and you’re scared to leave things behind now that you’re still not ready.

You’re still not ready to leave him.

It hurts you so much to think about the fact of leaving, especially him behind.

Later did you realized that you were bawling at his shirt, hands clasped tightly at the back of his neck, mumbling his name over and over again, “Woohyun”.

Woohyun softened. He didn’t know you’d be emotional like this. Did he do something wrong? It just hurts him to see you cry like that.

 

"Yes, babe. I’m here. Stop crying" He rubbed your back, trying to console.

"Woohyun, I love you" She finally said through her tears.

Woohyun’s legs felt nimble. He felt weak hearing those words from you. It’s still different if it’s you who says that to him. It feels like he’s being strong and weak in the inside and he don’t know why.

"I love you too, Wonhee" He muttered and then break the hug to cup your chin. He wiped your tears and kissed your eyes. Then your nose and finally, your lips.

You gasped as you responded to his kiss. If there’s one thing that makes you weak rather than those chemicals injected to you, it is this kiss.

A kiss from Woohyun.

You deepened the kiss as you tightened the clutch of your hands at the back of his neck. You drew your hands on his hair, feeling the softness of his locks on your fingers.

You pulled away to gasped for air when you realized there were floating lanterns surrounding the two of you.

It was magical, like you’ve never imagined.

You were so amazed that you ushered Woohyun to look at it. It was your first time seeing floating lanterns and you bet on your life you would kill just to see one.

"Touch a real life star" He whispered, making you look at him.

"D-Did you do this?" You gushed as you bit your lip, overflowing with happiness.

He shrugged coolly and beamed at you, “Partly. I mean all I’ve ever done was just check up on the schedule of their festival and then bring you up here since I know the lanterns would be floating to this-“. He was cut off with what he was about to say because you hugged him so tight, it gave him the difficulty to breathe. “..direction”

"Thank you, Woohyun. Thank you. Thank you.." You kept chanting those words as you hugged him. He hugged you back & kissed your hair.

You fit perfectly to his physique and he gave you enough warm because of his built. All he wanted was to see you happy and now he’ve achieved it.

'This will only be the start, Wonhee. I promise you, you won't be lonely here with me'

"I love you, babe" He whispered through your hair. You stopped hugging him and cupped his cheek before giving him a peck on his lips.

"I love you too, Woohyun"

 

 


 

Your childhood bucket list

 

[/] Dance with my dad
[] Spend a day with Chandoo
[] Make my family happy
[] Fly
[] Sleep under the stars and Wake up under the sky
[/] Touch a real life star
[] Stop the time
[] Leave happy


Promise to myself:
No matter how sick I am, I swear I don’t want to die in a hospital