Chapter 36

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

You are organizing your things while waiting for Infinite at the staff’s room. They’re all at the office discussing some things and PA’s are not allowed to go inside unless they were needed. You were also the first and only one in the room since it’s too early and the other assistants are probably just sleeping.
 
You were fiddling with your depleted cup while listening to a Korean-indie music with your head phones on. You place your elbow on the top of the table and reclined your chin with your palm.
 
You puffed your cheeks and said, “Aigoo! Their meeting took so long. And where are the others? I thought our meeting time is 3:30? Why are they still not here?”.
 
You pouted then looked straight at one of the cabinets standing infront of you. You noticed that your locker is half open which made you confused because you know your things too well and no one would open your locker since they don’t even know the password except for Sunggyu or Woohyun who knows it since they were the ones who gave you your code.
 
You shook your head and pouted, “No.. No way. I must’ve left it open. No one opened it up for you, okay? You just left it opened since you are in a rush yesterday to go to Infinite’s dorm”.
 
You were usually not bothered at times like this. Like when you saw some things not in their own place but there’s something in you that forces you to go to the cabinet and check it. Like there must’ve been something in there that you want to see. 
 
You grew baffled which caused you to stand up and check your locker. You looped your left index finger on the latch and peek inside to see an unfamiliar object lying between some of your fortfolios and files. You grabbed the object and examine it. It was a box wrapped in discerning and attractive patterns. It has a card on the top so you snagged and opened it.
 
 
 
Dear Wonhee, I may not be able to tell you how much I really like you but I really really do. Also, I want to tell you that you look like a pig whenever you eat that transforms into a dragon whenever you are angry. Also, PLEASE STOP YOUR LOW ESTEEM ISSUES BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL TO ME . But you will always be a pig to me. Kekekeke. The main focus of this is, You’ve become a very important part of my life and I don’t want you to go away so suddenly. I don’t how to express my feelings but trust me, you are somewhat important to me. I gave this gift to you because I know you would fit well in this dress. I wanted to see you in this outfit on my birthday, ok? That’s all…. Also, Merry Christmas and I hope you like my present.
 
From,
The most handsome guy in the world,
Nam Woohyun 
 
 
 
You literally choked on the last line. *The most handsome guy in the- WHAT?*
 
"Merry christmas? Isn't this way to late?" You scrunched your nose in confusion as you examined the gift from the back up to the front.
 
 
 
But even so, You suddenly bit your lip to hide the shade of happiness that flows secretly on you. You don’t know why you were so happy with his letter even though it only contains non-sense teasings of Woohyun to you. You reached for the ribbon and untied it. You carefully removed the tapes plastered on the wrapper before it revealed a medium-sized white box waiting to be opened.
 
You opened the boxed and grabbed the dress that perfectly lies inside the box then placed it next to your body and examined it on the mirror.
 
You bit your lip to hide your smile. You don't know but this gift made you smile. This would be considered as a simple gift but somehow, you felt that this is more important to you. 
 
You frowned as you examined the cloth. *But he knows I'm not into this kind of clothing. Maybe he've mistaken me for Dahae*
 
You pouted then looked away. You heard your phone rang and so you immediately answered it, "Hello?"
 
"Hey Wonhee, This is Sunggyu. Have you seen Woohyun?" He said in a tensed voice.
 
You blinked for a minute, "Nope. Why? Did something happened? I thought he's with you, aren't you on a meeting? I thought he's there".
 
"No! He was never here. Last time I saw him was last night. I haven't seen him at the dorm either. I was here before this building opened and I swear I didn't saw him today" Sunggyu sighed heavily.
 
You stared at the gift. If he was not here earlier, Who could have give this gift to you? Especially, Why would that person place Woohyun's name here. *Was someone playing a prank on me or what?"
 
"Look, Wonhee! The reason why I called you, is to tell you that we are going to Chungcheong, right now" He said firmly which made you taken aback from his words.
 
"Okay. Wait- WHAT- WHY? I agreed on this since I know your schedule will end before I go to class. No. I'm sorry but I'm going to miss this one. Midterms is coming-" You strongly disagreed which made you stood up from your seat and slam the table.
 
"Please, Wonhee! I know that this may mess up your studies but can you please go on this one" Sunggyu whispered in awe.
 
"Sunggyu-ssi.."
 
 
 
You bit your lip, unable to think. Due to their busy schedules, your good grades in school has also messed up since you barely attend any of your class. Even Dahae is worried about you since you couldn't even sleep juggling your time being an assistant and a student at the same time.
 
You heard someone snatched the phone, "Noona! If you don't go with us, I'll force in any sorts of way to make you say 'Yes', I swear" Sungjong threatened you.
 
You nearly laughed hearing his voice. He tries to be manly in some sort of way but his voice literally betrays him.
 
And then it hit you, Why would they force you to go into some place so suddenly. It's not like you need to rush to got here.
 
"Wait.. What could be the reason for us to go right there? If this is about any Amusement park and some silly games, I'm out" You stated firmly as you frowned.
 
"How could Wohyun's Mom's death be a silly game, huh?" Sungyeol jotted in.
 
You gaped for a moment, trying to sink in what he said. *Did he said what I think he just said?*
 
"Excuse me?" You asked him.
 
"I said, How could be someone's death be game to you, huh?" Sungyeol implied. You can even feel him smirking at you, right now.
 
Your eyes dropped low and you looked at the dress you are holding, "When did it happened?"
 
"I don't know" Sunggyu answered as you heard him shushed the others away. "The only thing I can ask you right now is come with us to go to their house. He definitely needs someone for him right now. And I know you are one of the person's who can cheer him up. So....."
 
"I'm going" You immediately replied. *School can wait but Woohyun, he can't. He needs me. No. Us, I mean. I should be there... for him". And with that, You hung up and placed the dress inside your back pack.