Chapter 30

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

  You leaned in on the bookshelf to find the right books and resources to find finish your report for the afternoon. You were too busy with Woohyun and Sunggyu's schedule that you've almost forgot to research about the things you have to prove on your report. 
 
You pointed the books at ther respected places when you're hands happen to stop on a blue, thick book lying at the center of the shelf. You placed your finger on the top of the book and scrape it out of its place. You carried it and looked for a vacant table wherein it is peaceful to review your lessons and understand it quickly.
 
You adjusted your specs as you cocked your head to look for the right place to sit. But surprisingly, The library is full of students who are studying and memorizing their own notes. Apparently, You couldn't find a place to sit  until you've reach the end of the way. You found a table wherein two girls are reviewing something from a book that is standing on top of the table. It is the only table with one vacant seat so you decided to pick that seat.
 
You held the recliner of the chair and looked at one of the ladies, "Is this seat taken?".
 
One of the girls scanned you for a minute and shook her head, shifting her gaze on her standing book.
 
"Oh?! Really? Thanks" You blink for a second and then sat on the chair.
 
 
 
  You and your brain shifted on an unknown world as you tried to review on your subjects. You've done half of your calculations and became so happy to understand all of them after a short span of time. You are scribbling some notes on your pad when- BAM!
 
You jumped from your seat and looked at one of the ladies in front of you. Her book fell from its standing position revealing a black-covered magazine.
 
"Uhh! Miss! Your book-" You mumbled and then frowned *And I thought she's studying. No wonder there's a standing book infront of me and that's why I'm hearing alot of murmurs awhile ago about a person or something. I thought they're studying*
 
The lady seem immersed on the magazine she's busy flipping to notice that her book fell from its place. You rolled your eyes and just continued scribbling some notes since you are going to finish your report in a short amount of time.
 
"Ohmygod! The Infinite members are so handsome. Aigoo! I just want to pinch all of the members since they are so adorable. Waaah!~ Myungsoo-Oppa is so handsome even though he's mysterious" The lady in front of you, said.
 
 
 
  You stopped writing and decided to listen to what her friend will say with her remark. Ever since you've been attached to Infinite, You started to become interested on other people's everyday topic about them. It's like you are one of the members because you feel so much happy everytime they were mention in a compliment or nominated on a very prestigious award. You don't know why but you feel connected, somehow.
 
A smile formed on your lips as you try to listen to them. *Myungsoo? What the hell is mysterious? It was just his image but trust me, he is one of the dorkiest person I know he's not even near his so-called image*
 
"Ah~ Ani! Woohyun Oppa is much more handsome. Omo! And you know, He used to have a bad guy image before but then again, his cuteness never fails to show. I hope, he won't date and just dump her harshly. I wish she could find a nice girl for him to cool down and have a nice relationship. Maybe an ordinary person. Or maybe me?" The other one uttered happily.
 
You furrowed your eyebrows and then lifted your head to look at a better view at the owner of the voice and you nearly snorted infront of them. She has a short perm hair with huge specs (Much larger than yours) and she had a lot of pimples on her cheek and temple. She gives off more of an ahjumma style of haicut.
 
You chuckled inwardly and shook your head. *Yeah right! Though no one can resist his charms though. I hope he finds a nice woman whom he'll treat right. Well, He's cute when he's not acting cute. He's cute when he tries to look like he's angry but he's not*
 
You stopped chuckling when you realized you thought he's cute. He was never cute to you so you shook your head to shake off your thoughts. *He's never cute! Arrgh! Maybe due to too much working with him that's why*
 
"Yah yah yah! Keep your head straight. You are so ugly. What the hell are you thinking? Fangirls are just fangirls. You have to think that. The boundary of a fan and an idol needs a bar and some footsteps but if you'll just walk it, it leads you nowhere to go" Her friend smash her magazine to the ahjumma-ish girl.
 
You nodded your head continuously as you approve the girl's statement. *Yeah! That's right. Dahae should understand that too. I need to bring this girl home to make her realize that*. 
 
"But! That's what ignorant people says. Nothing's impossible right? I mean, In any time maybe, Myungsoo-Oppa would fall for me, right? I mean I just need a little makeover and BAM! I look like a goddess!" 
 
You stopped listening and took a peek at her. You nearly crack-up and laughed on the ground when you saw her face. You didn't need to describe it. You would look like a very rude girl laughing at someone's flaws. She's even worse than her friend. Just that. No need to elaborate some things.
 
 
 
 Silence begun and all you could here are flipping pages and incoherent mumblings of the two young ladies. You looped your hands on your water bottle and pressed your lips on the opening of the bottle. You let the water flow down your throat and let it cool it down for a bit.
 
"Ahh! WHAT IS THIS?! OMO! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! YAH! LOOK AT THIS!" The ahjumma looking girl shouted making the other students look at her but she didn't care and continued stressing something on the magazine.
 
You frowned and gave the girl a look. *What the hell is the fuss about?*
 
Her friend took her magazine, "What are you- OH MY GOD! WHO IS THIS GIRL? AND WHY IS SHE HAVING SOME PROVOCATIVE WITH OUR OPPAS?!!!! NO WAY! Woohyun oppa kissed her and Myungsoo oppa hugged her from the back, WHAT THE HELL!". Her friend joined the ahjumma girl's commotion making the onlookers whisper some things.
 
You literally choke on your drink when they mention provocative it means there is a possibility it's about you and you nearly forgot the what Sunggyu has said that this week is the release of the magazine, Infinite and you are covered.
 
You slowly turned your head to their direction and then duck your head low as you grabbed a book at the table not caring if it is upside down or backwards. You bit your lip and bang it on your forehead.
 
"Oh no! I hope this girls would not recognize me" You sighed.
 
"Oh wait! She looks like someone I knew. I just don't know who" You heard one of them said. "It's just I dunno when. I'm sure she looks familiar, I just don't know why"
 
You flinched from your seat and cleared your throat nervously. *Oh no! No! No! You don't know that lady*
 
 
 
 You pressed your specs up from your nose. You started carrying your books and opened one of them and held it shoulder length to hide your face from the nosy persons ready to hang you to death.
 
You grabbed your bag and then started to paced a step when you heard one of those girls whispered, "Doesn't she look like the girl on the magazine?".
 
You stopped walking and waited for her next statement. Cold sweat is now forming into crystal-like drippings on your temple.
 
"What? NO WAY! She's wearing eye glasses and- WAIT!" 
 
And with that you started darting away not knowing where to go. You kept on running and running to who knows where until your feet surprisingly dragged you to the cafe.
 
You held your chest as you try to catch your breath and immediately entered the cafe. You saw students reading the same magazine having the same reactions.
 
You find yourself a seat at the back and then dropped your things lazily on the table. You heard a loud beep coming from your phone. You fished your phone on your bag and realized you've already have 20 messages from various people people and 5 missed calls from Dahae.
 
You checked out the first 8 messages listed on your phone and it says..
 
"Have you seen the photoshoot? Waaaah!~ Neomu Yeppeoda" - Dongwoo
 
"So must've seen it by now huh? So.. What's you're conclusion? Our goddess Wonhee?" ^^ - Gyu
 
"I thought our shoot wouldn't go well. I mean were too awkward that time. Good thing I'm too handsome to cover up for you ^^" - Hoya
 
"Noona! Neomu Yeppeo~ Micheo! Waaah! *reading the magazine right now*" - Sungjong
 
"Who knew the ugly girl who doesn't like to talk much would look this pretty. Ahh!~ Maybe the effect of make up and a little editing. Kekekeke. No! Don't mind the first part. You're really pretty! Can you be my lady? <3" - Yeol
 
"Whoa~ Told you, You are beautiful! You just need to be confident on your self. Anyways, Nice poses. So y. Rawr" - Haeri
 
"Hey beautiful. I know you're awkward with that word but let me tell you that with or without make-up, You'll always be pretty to me. No matter what happens, the world may change but nothing can replace that face ever. Congrats on your debut as a model. It really turned out well" - Myungsoo
 
"UNNIE! I SAW IT! NO! THE WHOLE CAMPUS SAW IT! YOU'RE VERY Y. YAH! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME IT WOULD TURN OUT LIKE THAT! I'm totally jealous. But wait. There were some anti fans of raising eversince the release of that magazine. NOT THAT THEY KNEW THAT YOU AND WOOHYUN KISSED ON DAY ONE! Just standby over there okay! I'm going to pick you up there. Where could you have been anyway?" - Dahae 
 
 
 
 You heaved a sigh. You didn't know it would get this worse. You were just a simple personal assistant and then this happened. Then the situation of Woohyun and you's scandal in the past is deteriorating until right now. Who knew showbusiness would be so complicated? You weren't even a part of it. You were just dragged to someone who's inlove with it.
 
Speaking of Woohyun. You searched all of the messages sent to you and yet, you haven't received even a single message from Woohyun. Usually, he's the one who's been cheering up for you and always the best one to great you. 
 
The others' messages made your worries fade but then, the growing antis of yours overshadowed as you heard one lady beside your table cussed on the girl on the magazine. Which means she's indirectly cussing at you.
 
You placed your arms on the table and crossed it. You buried your face to think what will happen next in the future. After unwinding and relaxing your ind for a moment, You've found a cup of macchiato lying infront of you with a pink sticky note attached on it. By the looks of the handwriting, You've realized it was familiar though you don't know why.
 
You detach the note and read the words clearly. It says..
 
"Hey! It is pretty much a long time since I haven't wrote anything to you eversince the book. Anyway, Are you studying well? I heard you were featured in a very known magazine lately. I kinda saw your candids and you're pretty gorgeous. I just gotta say that you look your best when you are in your normal self. I also heard that there a rising anti-fan club against you good thing you are just known by the name, "Mystery girl of Infinite". I hope your identity will be a secret since I don't want you to get hurt by those immature fans. Believe me. I know you too much and you know me but let's just keep it that way. The only thing that matters is I just have to be the secret person who gives you gifts with cheesy notes. I hope you enjoy the macchiato because this literally remind me of you. This may be a little too long than the last but I hope, with just this, I made you smile even a little"
 
Your lips automatically curved to an ineffable smile. What he said is the best among the greetings you've heard today. You are grateful that there to be by your side but this person. This person is a mystery.
 
He is a mystery to you since he knowshow to make you smile. He is a mystery how he comes and goes without you noticing him. He seems clean on doing his job as the mystery man to you. Yet, that entices you the most. 
 
You eyed your surroundings and no one seems familiar to you and with that, You looped your hand on the cup and drank it. You let the hotness flow on your throat, The bitterness and sweetness mixed together reminds of that person. That bittersweet arcane person.