Chapter 42

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

All of you are slouching at the couch waiting for time to pass until drowsiness attacked you to make yourselves fall asleep. Nothing seems to appeal to any of you since some of the shows at this time are probably just reruns or simply unattractive since there are only limited channels on the TV.

You close your eyes and lay your head on Dahae’s shoulder. Meanwhile, Dahae carefully moved since she has her face mask plastered all over her face. She wrinkled her nose as she stretched her arm and yawn, “Oh God. This is so boring”.

Sungjong straightened up on his seat as he tries to avoid his face mask from falling, “I know! I never knew this . I mean really”.

 

 

YO GUYS! SINCE THIS IS OUR LAST DAY HERE, WHAT SHOULD WE DO?” Sunggyu popped out from the kitchen holding a bowl of popcorn.

“What about truth or dare?” Sungyeol’s head perked up as he tilted his head to look at Sunggyu.

Groans were heard from the room then Hoya speak up, “That’s for weenies, Sungyeol”.

“Then what should we do?” Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

“How about a play of Go Stop!” Dongwoo suggested.

Myungsoo joined in, “Nah! I’m too tired to play, Hyung. I think we should do something without involving hands or anything”.

Actually he is not tired to begin but he looked at you and he guess he has to speak for you. He waited for your reaction but you didn’t budge from your position and continued looking at someone. He traced your gaze and it leads to one person playing with his phone, Woohyun.

“Then just sleep on your room if you’re tired Myungsoo” Dongwoo retorted as he throw a pillow on Myungsoo which was caught by Sunggyu.

“Actually, Myungsoo’s right. We need something to help us relax for a bit, Dongwoo” Sunggyu stared at Dongwoo, which made him pout in defeat.

Then he looked at all of you and offered, “How about a movie, guys?.

“CALL” Two voices were heard, jinxed, which made all the persons looked at the owner of the voices, You and Woohyun. Then the two of you automatically locked eyes.

Sunggyu looked at you and Woohyun’s staring competition and decided to break it off, “Ok, Who else votes for watching a movie?”.

“That is not a bad idea, Actually” Hoya agreed.

“I think we should watch a movie, as well” Myungsoo said as he hastily looked at you then Woohyun. He’s starting to have some random thoughts but he decided to shake them off.

Woohyun and Wonhee are just friends. Myungsoo chanted on his brain repeatedly

“Owwwkay. Now! What kind of movie should we watch? Good thing I brought some new dvds from our family rental shop” Sunggyu wiggled his eyebrows.

“I’ll go for some romance” Dahae smiled proudly. She knew she might win this because she knows Hoya and Sungjong would be on her side since she knows Hoya won’t say no to her and Sungjong, He is just her ‘male’ counterpart.

“Ewww! I’m more for comedy” Sungyeol opposed in disgust. Then, Sungyeol pointed at Dahae as he looked at Hoya, “Now that’s for weenies”.

Dahae made a face as Sungyeol snorted while making fun of her. Hoya tossed a pillow at Sungyeol and luckily it landed on his face on the first shot, which made Sungyeol stopped from laughing.

“Yeah! Still a weenie” Hoya snickered in victory.

“I’m up for comedy too!!” Dongwoo raised his hand and high-fived Sungyeol.

Dahae grew impatient and pout cutely, “How about you, Sungjong?”.

“I’m up for Comedy, as well” Then Sungjong stood up to join Dongwoo and Sungyeol at the other couch.

Dahae grimaced and sulked on her seat. She  looked at Hoya, “Hoya?”.

Hoya can’t looked at her at the eyes but he managed to say, “Actually, I want to sleep right now, Dahae. Our choreographer needs to talk to me tomorrow, early in the morning,  about our new moves for our next song. I’m sorry but I need some sleep”

“Okay, Dahae. Out” Sungyeol announced and chortled as loud as he can which made Dahae flushed in her seat.

Hoya stood up and glared at Sungyeol sharply which made him stop for the second time. He reached for Dahae and offered his hand, “You should sleep as well, Dahae”

Dahae bit her lip and held Hoya’s hand, “Fine”. Then she turned to you, “I think I’ll sleep as well Unnie”

“Goodnight guys” She smiled at all of you except Sungyeol. Then after some minutes, they left the room.

 

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat, “Okay guys. So it’s fixed on Comedy?”

You shot a look on Sungyeol and his victorious expression, as childish as your thought would be, you need to fight for Dahae. You kinda hated the fact that Sungyeol made fun of her just for a selection of movies.

“Actually, I want to watch a horror movie” You said nonchalantly as you sipped your soda. “If we’re going to talk about ‘weenies’, I guess watching a horror movie is not for a weenie at all”.

Sungyeol looked at you which made Myungsoo smiled, “Actually it’s true Yeol. This is the perfect timing to watch a horror movie as well”.

Sunggyu nudged Woohyun , who is still playing with his phone, still unconcerned in his surroundings. “How about you, NamU?

Woohyun budged in his seat and looked at Sunggyu for a second then continued playing with his phone like nothing happened, “I think I’ll go with horror, as well”.

“Okay. Hoho. So what? It’s three on three. Now what are we going to do?” Sungyeol said, annoyed. He desperately wants to watch a comedy movie right now, It’s not he despise horror movies. It’s just he hates losing to a girl no matter how useless the topic may seem.

“Actually, I forgot Horror movie is an option to our topic so I’ll just leave our group, Hyung” Sungjong declared then stood up as fast as he can then sat on his original seat, which is Dahae’s original position.

He encircled his arm on yours and said, “I’m on Noona’s side now”. Then he stick out his tongue on Sungyeol.

Sungyeol turned to Sunggyu, “Hyung?”.

“Well.. Since horror got the most votes… I think I’m up for it as well” He chuckled.

Sungyeol sulked in failure, “Fine. I’ll go with the Horror, too”.

“Guys, I think I’m feeling sleepy all of a sudden. I guess I’ll just be Hoya’s company on the room so… Good night guys!” Dongwoo stood up from his seat and fake-yawned. Everyone knows how scared he is when it comes to this kind of things so no one question him when he left the scene and shuffled towards his room.

Before the movie starts, Sunggyu tapped Woohyun on the shoulder and seat, “I guess it’s my seat, you are sitting at, Nam Woohyun”.

“You’re  so funny Hyung. Everyone knows this seat is mine” He chuckled lightly and shifted his attention to his game, once again.

Sunggyu knows it like ‘hell yeah’, It’s Woohyun’s house to begin with and he doesn’t even sit on that chair. He just wants Woohyun to go beside Sungjong so he can be much closer to you.

Sunggyu is still confused, why is Woohyun, still not confessing to Wonhee, considering he dated a thousand girls before he met Wonhee. And he knows that whatever happens on this serious loveshow, there is always that person who will be hurt, no matter how cruel the truth may be.

Sunggyu clear his throat and leaned on Woohyun’s ears, “You know, There’s an ice cream on the fridge. If you would just leave it there until tomorrow, I guess Sungyeol would eat all of it, secretly. So if you want to eat ice cream, right now, just go to the fridge and eat it”.

Woohyun stopped playing and peered at Sunggyu, “Is it chocolate?”.

Sunggyu gave him an okay-sign with his famous boyish no eye smile, that made all of his fans swoon for him.

And without a minute, Woohyun left his seat and rushed to the fridge to eat the ice cream.

Sunggyu heaved a sign and lay his head on the arm rest and his feet on the other one. He closed his eyes and smile.

What’s with the smile?

First, He doesn’t really like to watch any movie right now. All he wants is to just rest and sleep all he wants to enjoy their so called ‘day-off’.

Second, He’s just using this time to make you and Woohyun, talk. Though the fact that Sungjong is seating besides you makes it harder, He has a strange feeling, the two of you will talk.

And lastly, There is no chocolate ice cream existing on the fridge since the refrigerator is broken and he is surprised that Woohyun bought the idea of the fridge when Woohyun is the first one to tell him that it is broken.

He shook his head. He is such a pabo, after all

 

 

Woohyun furiously dragged his feet back to the living room. And once again, he was tricked by Sunggyu. His loud footsteps were heard from the room. He is now thinking on how to get back on Sunggyu on this one. He should have known that Gyu tricked him in the first place.

“Yah! Kim Sunggyu!” He shouted as he reached the room.

Eight eyes were glued on him upon hearing his voice. The movie has just started and Woohyun’s voice startled them so they fixed their attention on him.

Woohyun’s face became more darker when he realize his hyung has taken over his seat. So that’s the reason for his weird antic?

He shook his head, profusely confused. What a weird reason to begin with.

“Is he sleeping or just lying down? Cause you know, There’s no difference of the two so.. I might as well get back on him right now”

“He is like that minutes ago. I guess he’s asleep, Hyung” Myungsoo muttered as he shove a popcorn on his mouth.

Woohyun nodded his head and proceeded anyway. He walked up to the other couch but it was already occupied by Sungjong.

“I thought you wanted to sit beside Wonhee?” Woohyun asked Sungjong.

Sungjong shrugged coolly, “I don’t know. It’s better to watch a movie without someone beside you especially if it’s a horror one. I guess I can move freely this way”.

Woohyun cleared his throat uncomfortably and sat on the only vacant position in the room, beside you. You looked at him through your peripheral vision, uncomfortably.

You gulped your saliva once you realized he is only wearing a wife beater and the fact that his muscles are pretty much showing makes you more uncomfortable than before.

You bit your lip. *Oh boy! This is going to be a long night*

 

The movie ended like what you have expected it to end, amazing and original.

You heard Sungjong hollered, “Whoa! That movie never gets old. That is so wonderful”.

You smiled. “I know! How about an another round of movie, aye?”

Sungjong yawned, “Call! I guess that movie gave me the electricity to wake up”.

“Awwww! Why does it have to end?” Woohyun said in awe.

Sungjong’s face lit up, “Why? Did you like it too, Hyung?”

“No! My phone’s already dead and I’m talking to Nicole. We were having a very important conversation and I’m too lazy to recharge it” Woohyun pouted.

You sulked down. *Nicole? As in the his girl friend from that popular group. Why is he talking to her, anyway? Is he flirting some other girl, again? What about the thing that he said, last night? Is he lying to you and just playing with your feelings?*

You wanted to punch him for making you like this. You wanted to ask him how can he not feel awkward despite the fact that the two of you are not talking since the incident of kissing, last night.

And now he is telling you he is having in contact with someone who you remembered Dahae quoted as ‘the girl who liked him in the past’.

“So all this time, you were not paying attention to the movie?” Sungjong inquired.

“Yeah! I’m not into that kind of movie, to begin with” Woohyun slacked off his feet at the table.

Sungjong stood up from his seat, “How could you not watch it, Hyung? Now, you need to watch another set of horror movie”.

Woohyun straightened from his seat and looked at the other side, “Why me? I’m too tired to watch a movie, as well. Aren’t Myungsoo and Sungyeol-”. Then he was cut off with what he has to say when he saw Sungyeol’s head on Myungsoo’s shoulder and Myungsoo’s head on top of Sungyeol’s, Both eyes shut closed.

Sungjong placed a cd on the player and pressed play, “Now enjoy the movie and don’t you stop staring at the screen, Hyung”

“And what are gonna do now, Lee Sungjong?” He furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’ll watch the movie” Sungjong said casually.

The movie has started but you never expect to see Woohyun like this. You and Sungjong nearly laugh your asses on Woohyun.

You never knew this movie to be like this. You hated how Sungjong played a movie about gores and morbid tortures. Not that you hate but it’s simply disgusting. But the fact that you are more startled to Woohyun’s shouts than the surprising scenes, makes you see him in a different light, as well.

“Relax Woohyun. You’re making me laugh instead of being scared” You placed your hand on your stomach unable to take his actions. He makes your stomach upside down in a laughing and romantic way.

“Relax?! How can I relax if this movie we’re watching is so disturbing?” Woohyun complained as he covered his face with a pillow.

You shook your head with concealed exuberance. *Who knew Woohyun has this side of him*

 

 

You get up out of the couch to get some water. You kinda felt there is something on your throat so you stood up and dragged your feet to the kitchen.

You poured some water on your glass and gulped your drink. You slam your glass on the sink and smiled, “Aigoo.. You never fail to surprise me”.

“Who?”

You chortled, “Woohyun. I mean he look like-”

And then it hit you.

Uhh.. Oh..

 

 

 

But it is too late, You’re already face to face with Woohyun, anticipating for an answer. “Looking like what?”

You cleared your throat, “I-Idiot”

He chuckled. “Ok I get it. Laugh all you want. But would you please explain to me what is the meaning of ‘never fails’? I mean, Did I surprise you or anything?”

You were lost for words. “What do you mean?”

Woohyun shrugged coolly as he step much closer to you, “I don’t know, What do you mean?”. A smirk now forming on his lips.

And then you started to panic. “Uhhh… Well.. I mean not the surprise kiss or something but your attitude and all. I mean this, I thought-”

Woohyun’s lips can’t help but curve to a  sweet smile, “I’m not giving it any meaning, Wonhee. I’m just asking you any reason, why?”.

You started to open your mouth but then it keeps closing, making it unable for you to speak up for yourself.

 “And about the kiss..”

You stiffened. You don’t know why but a pang of electricity is running through your veins right now. You suddenly felt butterflies in your stomach as you remember what happened last night and then your face is becoming redder right now and you secretly want to turn off the light to conceal your flushed face.

“And that reddish face” He added.

Your mouth literally formed an O-shape and then you glared at him, “What the-? Do you know how arrogant Woohyun?”

“I’m not arrogant. I’m just stating a fact. And I’m seeing your reddish face so clearly, you don’t need to hide it” He said casually.

You clicked your tongue in defeat. You have nothing to say. He’s right. He was definitely right and you don’t want to tell it to his face. Never.

He cleared his throat and looked straight through you making you awkwardly look away, “You know, What I said last night was true?”

“What about it?” You want to let him explain it to you more further. And you are growing more nervous on how this talk will take the both of you so you decided to sip your water to make yourself more relax.

“That I like you”

You literally choke your drink as you look at him. You were lost for words and you didn’t know what to do. You automatically shifted your attention on the little hole, that makes you still see the screen. You pointed, “O-Omo! The killer is out to kill the lead character”

Woohyun looped his hand on your wrist, “Very funny. The killer like the lead so why would he kill her?”.

You bit your lip. *That makes sense”

“I-I swear..”

Woohyun chuckled, “You know, When you are nervous or panicking, You tend to distract someone so they can stop asking you from telling the truth”

You scowled, “I am not!”.

“Yes you are and I find that cute” Woohyun said sheepishly. “In a way, I think it’s cute”

“B-But you like Dahae. That is what our stupid plan is about” You protested with a hint of denial over desire.

“Well, I like her from the start…”

Your heart is starting to drooped as fast as it could. Disappointment and pain gushing through making you regret to ask him the said question. You want to cry but you don’t want him to see you in pain because of him because last time you checked on him he never really care for you not until until now.

“.. but then I fell for someone”

You stiffened even more and then haven’t fought the urge to look at him. He steadily looked at you, “And if you want me to prove it to you then would you give me the privilege?”

You blinked at him for a second, “Well.. Uhm.. Uh..”

“The day after tomorrow, 9 am at the stadium”

You close your eyes, thinking. You felt something soft on your forehead and when you open your eyes you’re face to face with his perfectly chiseled nose.

He pulled away and look at you, “So it’s a date?”

You opened your mouth to say something but your voice wasn’t heard. You don’t know what to feel. Date?

You can’t help but like the sound of it.

You looked at him and he is already heading to his room. “Hey where are you going? I didn’t even said yes to you.”

“Then, I’ll wait. You should sleep as well. I’ll just accompany Sungjong finish the movie first” He can’t help but smile.

“Then what if I don’t come?” You mumbled.

“I’ll wait. I’ll wait because I know you’ll come” He grinned then left you.

You can’t help but smile. *Date? I bet it’s going to be a very good day to tomorrow.*

You hugged yourself and looked outside. A shadow caught your eye. It is walking away from your place. You quickly shook the idea of who is that person. Who knows? It may be just one of the boys who came from the bathroom, doing their own thing.

The least you can think about now is tomorrow.

And the other days to come where everything will flow so smoothly for you.

Or atleast that’s what you thought.