Chapter 53

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

"One month"

"One month and I'll be gone from the world like nothing happened" You mumbled as you placed your chin on the top of your knees spacing out and thinking what to do for the next days.

You know you are going to die soon but not this soon. Not inside 30-31 days. You didn't know everything for you was rushed. You didn't know what you have to do things hastily.

What about the life you've had? What about your friends? What about the people you love?

What about Woohyun?

The mere thought of Woohyun made your heart skip more fast and vague than before. You felt the same electricity and security you've felt when he hugged you like there's no tomorrow a while ago. The way he caress your cheeks and the way he gaze at you.

You miss him so much and you will miss him more as days would go.

Hot tears are starting to form at your eyes as you cover your face and reclined it on your knees. You were always alone on your own room but this is the first time you felt that you are really alone. That you are lonely. 

It has been a routine for you to hide those tears away but right now is the exception because you couldn't hold it anymore. 

You were so tired being the strong Wonhee that your family relies on. You, yourself, want to be a true happy person once again. And that would only apply if Woohyun's at your side.

You just noticed that you're blanket is so wet with tears now since you covered yourself away from the pains you are feeling. You sobbed lightly as you shifted your position and looked at the door.

Your sight looked at the door for a second and then a thing suddenly gleamed before your eyes inside the cabinet beside the door. It was not noticeable at first sight but the thing made your heart stopped for a moment which made you stood up on your feet and before you know it, you are fishing for the item inside the shelf and brought it to your bed.

That thing made you remember everything. You didn't know it was still there. You didn't know you have it after all these years. You didn't even remember putting it there, on the place you saw it earlier or probably, Dahae placed it right there since it is also placed on one of your boxes.

It looks old and dusty. The pages inside are sticking out and probably wrecked since you had this thing a few years back. When everything seems to be so wrong and doubtful. When everything was like what is happening right now.

This thing has been with you through ups and downs. And now here it is again...

Your one and only journal

This one served as your diary. Your drawing book. Your entertainment. This thing contains your bucket list and your broken hopes.

 

An unfamiliar wind suddenly blew as you hugged yourself. It suddenly felt so cold and stuffy and the window is definitely close.

A sudden feeling made you shiver through your spine and before you know it the pages open on its on to a certain spot.

The spot you used to love and hate at every thought. Your bucket list

You scan your eyes through the phrases and statements written at the center of the paper. There were scribbles. There were a lot of x-marks, which meant you've done that task and yet there are a lot of thing's  that you haven't done yet.

You let out soft giggles seeing your composition as a child. Everything about this book is purely innocent showcasing how young and fresh you are then when you first experienced this feeling that kills you right now.

And then a thing caught your eye at the end on the page. There was some writings underneath that you haven't even written in the first place. It was nowhere yours nor your mom or sister....

It was your dad's handwriting.

You let out a huge gasp as definitely felt the chills running inside your body. It felt like he is just here watching you and comforting in everything he do. But fear didn't creep inside your body, instead you felt warmth and welcomed. 

But that didn't made you gasp or surprised. You don't even care if he appear in front of you and hugged you at this kind of moment since that would be more like an advantage for you. 

The thing that made you shocked is the thing written on the paper.

You read it once again and shook your head in disbelief, "A-Appa".

Someday you would meet a man that would love you as much as I love you. Never be afraid to love and accept them in your life because that would stop you from happiness. Loving a guy who would make you smile is enough but loving a guy who could weep the tears in your eyes is much better. Never lose the chance to make your life right and never lose the man who would treasure you like his life. He's here somewhere baby girl. All you have to do is look.

You bit your lip as you wiped the tears on your eyes. Your mind flew to somewhere in your heart and all you could tho is utter the name, "Woohyun..."

 

A knock on your door made you come to your senses and brush away the hot tears rolling on your cheeks. You straighten your clothes and cleared your voice. 

When you realize that you didn't sound like you've bawled your heart out. You decided to shout, "Come in" and toss yourself at the other side of your bed.

You heard the door creaked and then you heard loud footsteps. You pretended like you were asleep before he knocked. You shifted yourself awkwardly and looked at the intruder. 

It was Myungsoo, wearing a smile on his face. You gave him a meek smile as well. His smile cheers you every moment and you were glad that he was here to visit you at this kind of hour.

"Why are you here?" You squinted your eyes to see a greater view of him.

"I just want to check up on you" He shrugged coolly and lay down beside you. "Aigoo!"

He looked at you face to face and grinned, "How are you doing now?".

You rolled your eyes at him and retorted, "You know my condition more than I do. You talk to my doctor more than I do. You check on my status more than I do and.... You insist on me getting more and more therapies.. MORE THAN I DO".

He stared at you in disbelief which made you give him an am-I-right look which made him chuckle and look away.

You examined the dark orbs in his eyes to the skinniness of his cheeks. He lost so much weight right now and you know it was not because of his work but because of you. He checks up on you every minute and every hour just to make sure you are all right and you know that damages him a lot too. 

And yet, you haven't heard him say, "I'm so tired" or "I give up". All you get from him is a smile on his face and the words, "You can do it" and "Everything will be alright" even though you both know it isn't.

"I was asking about your heart" He suddenly said as he looked at the ceiling.

You scrunched your eyebrows as you try to resort what he've said, "Huh?".

"The thing I asked you a while ago. I was pertaining to your heart not your body, dumdum" He let out soft chuckles as he pinched your nose.

"Aaaaah" You shouted as you gave him a glare. *How could he-*

You were about to gave him his payback time but then his word swallowed you whole which made you think about it. You were silent for a moment trying to think the words to say and do things that you have to do but not even a word escape your mouth. Instead, all you did was it your lip in silence  and space out and blink innocently making you serene on your position.

He looked at you sincerely and said, "I'll take that as an answer". You looked at him sympathetically and remained silent for a while.

"I know that you are not asleep and you are crying till the moment I knock on that door. Don't be afraid to cry in front of me and confide. I know that you are having a hard time and I am as well too because I'm seeing you like this. I want you to be happy. Don't think about think too much and think about your happiness more"

Before you knew it, you unconsciously cried again as he began to wipe your tears away from your face. "You can't always be strong, Noona. I may be right here but there will be that other guy who could always plaster smiles on your face during the hard times and that's Woohyun Hyung. Me and dad love you so much and I know that he is the only guy who could surpass or love you the same as we do".

"You could always cry on my shirt if you want to" He said as he pulled you close to his chest earning loud bawls from you. 

He didn't care and he won't. All he cares about is to comfort you, right now at this moment while he still can. He is your brother and he wanted to be atleast, your strength in enduring the problems you're facing.

 


 

[a/n: I'm so so soooo sorry for the delayed chapter. It's just school is bugging me out with a lot of schoolworks and I'm in college right now and trust me It's not very easy. Also, the documents I saved on my usb was gone since I lost my usb. I'm really sorry. I was about to post all the chapters then but I got too lazy to post all of it and now they're all gone ;___; I'll try to make another chapter for you guys. And I'm so sorry if this is a short & lame chapter. Please bare with me guys :((]