Chapter 41

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

    You abruptly heard the loud screeching sound of the door of the bus as you swipe your card. You stepped foot outside and was welcome by the cold gush of the wind. You automatically hugged yourself as you wait for Myungsoo to set foot on the ground. You smiled inwardly. It has been a long, tiring yet a fulfilling day for you.

You saw Myungsoo jogging towards you, his breath making cloudlike-forms of air which shows how freezing it is today.

You started to pace steps as you let the wind blow your fringe, when you felt his presence, you smiled then muttered, “This is one of the best days ever”.

Myungsoo stiffened and looked at you hastily. “It is?”

“Yes” You nodded then you inhaled deeply. “Definitely one of the bests”

You decided not to tell him nor his mom since it will make the situation worse. No, not after she told you she will not give Myungsoo to his real family. Well, That is not what you intended but the fact that you want to spend each and every day with him keeps bugging you to beg and let him be beside you 24-7.

Actually, You don’t even know  when or how to tell it to him. Yes, It will be easier because you two are very close and that would be cool to know that you two, happened to be real siblings and No, Because.. Because you don’t know even the reason why ‘no’ is such an option with you.

There’s something about ‘No’ that keeps you from telling him the truth.

Maybe because you know that there’ll be a lot of changes that’ll happen.

And no matter how happy or sad it may become, You hate changes.

It’s like literally leaving something that has been a part of you and having and becoming something that you don’t know how will work out.

And one thing…

You’re scared he’ll bombard you questions why haven’t you searched him at the times he needs you and your mom the most. You can’t just explain him that. It was just a painful memory for you to remember.

 

 

Wonhee, What Are you thinking?”

You suddenly went back to reality as you looked at him. Wonhee. Suddenly you hate the feeling that a few days ago, you told him never to call you ‘Wonhee-Noona’ since it makes you feel so old when you were only a year apart.

And the hunger for him calling you his ‘noona’ wants to take back what you said that day.

“Myungsoo-ah” You mumbled.

He gaze at your direction and it gave you the signal to continue talking, “C-Can you call me noona, Once again?”.

Myungsoo stared at you for a moment, “So that’s what keeps you in deep thought a while ago?”.

You smiled awkwardly at him which caused him to chortle. You let him have the time to laugh all he wants until he became calm, “Of course. If that’s what will make you comfortable”.

He chuckles. “You’re kinda weird today”

You shot him a look, “I am?”

He shrugged coolly then placed his hands on his pockets, “What can I do? You were always weird. There’s nothing new to that”.

You shove him playfully, “Whatever”.

 

 

Can I ask you something?” You muttered. He stared at you for a minute and said, “Sure? Why?”

“Your mom told me you were not their real child” You look at him to find any reactions but he just remain calm and expressionless like what you told him was a less sensitive topic.

You gave yourself some minutes to examine him. If he will change his expression or not but he didn’t budge in his position. When he felt the weight of your stare at him, he suddenly felt conscious in his place.

“I was waiting for your question but I think I haven’t heard a question. I just heard a statement. Is that what you’re gonna ask me? Because it kinda looks like a statement that a question to me”

You gape at him, “Is that your reaction on what I said earlier?”

“What am I supposed to react with what you say? Do you expect me to overact or whine or something because my mom told you that I was not their real son? That I was not perfectly a part of my own family. I’m tired of all of these games. I thought I was done with that. I thought it was just a part of my childhood. And even though my mom and dad are not my real parents, I consider them as one and I would constantly pick them over my unrealistic parents who abandoned me despite the fact that I was a little kid at that time” He hissed with his eyes piercing through you.

You opened your mouth to debate with him. To tell him that you didn’t abandon him, you were searching for him. That despite being in America, All you do is find him through social networking sites or some statistics office who may have records of him so you can basically search for him.

You want to speak out the truth but you realized you can’t. This is not the right time to argue with him. He has his own beliefs and you behold the key to explain that not  everything in his beliefs are facts. That he was just having bad conclusions about the family he came from. Your family.

And besides, This is the first time you’ve ever seen him mad. You’ve never seen him being so defensive, irritated and empty. That’s when you knew that one of the things that make him weak and sensitive is his family.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t meant it that way” You bit your mouth as you apologized.

“Well.. I’m sorry for raising my voice on you. I didn’t mean to sound mad but-“

“No. It’s okay. You have all the right to be angry” You insisted. “The only thing I want to ask you is that, How would you feel once you found out that one of the closest persons to you is your real sibling? Like one of the closest persons.

“.. and I would be the Prince of Korea? That’d be cool” He added.

You rolled your eyes, “Haha. Very funny, Myungsoo. Now let’s go to the real thing. How would you react?”.

“Close like Sungyeol or Sunggyu”

He chuckled. “That would never happen. Sungyeol looks like Daeyeol and they both look like their father and same goes for Sunggyu-hyung because his eyes are so tiny he looks like he was sleeping. They look nothing like me”

You face-palmed, *So I need to look like you to tell everyone that you are my long lost brother? Pretty legit one, Myungsoo*

You gave him a look which signals that you are not enjoying whatever he’s doing. He suddenly became quiet and gave you an ‘okay-fine-I’ll-stop-the-sarcasm-happy-now’ look.

He heaved a sigh and kept his eye busy as he looked on the house on his right, “Actually, I don’t know what to do or say to them. I told myself when I was younger that I will push them away once they finally have the guts to get me, now that I’m much more happy with what I am. But then there’s this thing on my brain that tells me that they have their own reasons for not coming back. Even though I hate them, A part of me wants to know the persons who were originally a part of me. I want to know who I really am

‘You’re simply just my brother. That’s the thing’ You want to say to him. But you remained silent and continued walking. You were relieved when he told you he will never push away the family whom he says, ‘left’ him. Actually, This is the perfect moment to tell him everything yet you don’t know how you will explain to him everything.

“How about you?” Myungsoo speak up. You gave him a confusing look so he continues on what he says, “What if you’re brother is somewhere here? Let’s put it this way, You can pretend I’m your brother. Since, I can see your hunger to meet him anytime now. I know you’ll be happy once you’ve found him”.

You giggle inwardly. *If you only knew Myungsoo, If you only knew*

“What? There’s nothing wrong with pretending” He chortled.

“I know”

“Then why are you laughing?” Myungsoo inquired.

“Nothing”

Myungsoo halted his steps and looked at you, “Then why can’t you do-”. He didn’t get the chance to finish what he’s going to say. He didn’t get the chance because your head is placed on his chest and your hands are gently looped around him. He can’t let himself speak because he was surprised you’re going to really put it that way.

After a few seconds, He can hear soft sobs and then he felt something wet on his shirt, probably your hot tears. He automatically rubbed your back wanting to tell you it’s alright. He didn’t want to tell you stopped crying because it was your fault at the first place and he knew that those tears falling from your eyes right now, can ease the pain you feel inside.

“Chandoo. I-I miss you very much” You blurted but you didn’t care. You knew he wouldn’t care either. You knew he only thinks of this as a practice when you saw him. Well, he’s wrong. This were the words you wanted to tell him in the very first place.

He bit his lip. *What can I do?*

He decided to do what’s right. He brushed your hair lightly and whispered, “I miss you too”.

You don’t know how happy you are after you heard those words. You automatically let out hard sobs. Not because of sadness but of great happiness. Finally. Finally after some years of waiting. Even if all of it was a part of pretention. You finally felt his presence beside you. Your one and only brother.

 

 

Asa! It’s good to find some antique earrings on that shop. You’re the best NamU” Dongwoo gushed as he checked one of his plastic bags and reached out for a box of earrings.

“I know” Woohyun replied unlively.

 He rolled his eyes. Even before, during and after their whole shopping experience, nothing seems to please him because all he thinks is you and Myungsoo. You, meeting his parents and Moonsoo. Their warm welcome on you. Them, offering you as their daughter-in-law, because he swore to himself he remembers Myungsoo announcing to his family that the first girl he would bring to his house would be his first girlfriend, no matter what.

And he knew Myungsoo’s ‘no matter what’s. It never fails to became a reality even if that’s the most absurd idea he would think.

“Hmmmm.. Let’s see what’s on the radio, right now” Sungjong pursed his lips as he reached out to press something on Woohyun’s old pick up truck’s radio.

 

 

 

“Ahhh! This is a part of our old album, Right? I can’t believe it’s like 3 years ago then we are going to have comeback again. Aigoo! What a soulful song” Sungjong said as he reclined on the back seat.

“Can’t believe either” Dongwoo shrugged coolly as he placed back the box inside the plastic bag.

“Wait. Isn’t that Myungsoo and Wonhee-Noona?” Sungjong shrieked as he point something at the end of the street.

Woohyun’s ears perked up when he heard what Sungjong said and he immediately stopped the car to look at direction of Sungjong’s finger. He squinted his eyes to see a perfect view of the two of you since he couldn’t figure if it is you or Myungsoo because the two are…

“Omo! Are they hugging or kissing or something? I’ve never seen them this close” Sungjong shouted making Dongwoo kneel on his seat to look at the window, as well.

“Whoohohoho. Myungsoo finally made it. Aigoo! Our Myungsoo has grown up” Dongwoo stressed happily.

Upon the two’s exchanged high fives and plans on interrogating Myungsoo how’d he did it. Only one figure are gazing faraway with his heart drooped and broken. This is what he’s afraid of and now it’s happening.

He saw Myungsoo pull away then held your cheeks. That, even made his blood boil to its highest level and decided to drive on your direction.

He honk at the two of you even though you were both at the side of the street. That made the you and Myungsoo, jumped away from your position and looked at the car.

While Sungjong and Dongwoo are giving Myungsoo, thumbs up and anything that cheers him, You’re eyes were locked at Woohyun’s dark expression. He knew you are looking at him but he can never give you a look. Not today when he can only see through him that he is very lonely and sad about you and Myungsoo.

Your eyes followed the truck until Woohyun pulled into the driveway and get out of the car. You even heard the loud smash of the door as he left the car and you kinda felt it was because of you.

“I-I think we should go” You insisted as you used the sleeve of your dress  to wipe your face then encircled your hands on Myungsoo’s wrist.

He let himself dragged you to the house and he think he nows reason. He saw that dark and piercing expression, as well.

 

 


 

 

Ohhh! Boring chapter I know guys. I know. LOL. But I think this boring-ness would keep the story going, trust me ;)

 

tumblr_mjzs7eMMyG1r33wkio1_250.giftumblr_mjzs7eMMyG1r33wkio8_250.gif

 

Anyways... Namjaga saranghal ttaeen. Have you seen it guys? HAVE YOU SEEN IT? OHMYGOD. All the waiting and teasing was paid off because 'NEW CHALLENGE' is amazing. Like literally. I love all the songs in their album. Anyways, Can you share you're thoughts on their new albums and let us keep our Inspirit hearts alive, shall we? Oh! and don't forget sending your feedbacks on this chapters. That's all everyone ^^