Chapter 48

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 The sound of the raindrops’ nonstop ticks on the window and the gush of the cold wind filled the air, showcases the heavy rain happening outside. You couldn’t see anyone walking on the streets nor wandering around since all the sheds are b with unclear water and you could see some bits of water wherever you go.
 
Myungsoo clicked the tip of his pen as he looked outside the window, uninterested on the topic being discussed by his professor. His mind flies to wherever you are no matter how angry he was at the facts of his own identity.
 
It’s been two weeks and he hasn’t seen you ever since that event happened. As much as he’s agitated about who he really was, He realized he wanted to apologize to you for what happened or mainly, if he have hurt you. Though there’s a part of him that says he doesn’t want to.
 
There’s no way he would fall for his sister though he already did.
 
Also, He hadn’t talk to any of the other members since that happened. The only way for them to communicate is through their guestings and shows. They would laugh at some point but in their dorm, he wouldn’t want to talk to any of them even though they’ve tried so hard to converse with him.
 
He just doesn’t feel talking out his problems. Though he knew that he can count on them on this one, he’s afraid he might cry his heart out of them.
 
The weakness he only possesses is you and nothing could replace you to that part no matter how hurtful it is.
 
 
 
 
Woohyun stared in space as he organized his things inside his locker. It’s been two weeks and he couldn’t deny the fact that he misses you a lot.
 
He’ve never felt so persistent and sincere to a girl before, only now. And he didn’t know what he did to you to reject him harshly like this.
 
Two weeks and this semester will be done. And as much as he don’t want to think about it, he’s afraid he’ll never get to see you again even though you both are attending the same university. 
 
He can sense that you are avoiding him at some point. And the way that you talked to him at the elevator, made him feel like you are saying goodbye to him indirectly.
 
His mind flies to what happened during his mother’s funeral. As much as it is the most tragic part of his life, it became the most unforgettable and precious, too.
 
Because simply, it was because of you
 
The way you kissed him, that night. The way you smiled at him. The way you blush and stutter to each and everything he says. Every action you make and every words you say, clearly states your true feelings for him.
 
That’s why he is wondering why all of this is happening. Why do you have to ignore him? Reject him just like that, when he haven’t stated his true feelings for you, formally.
 
He heaved a sigh as he closed the door of his locker. He was surprised to see an image of an unfamiliar girl right after he slammed the cold piece of thin material in front of him.
 
“Oh! You scared me” He jumped from his position.
 
Instead the girl smiled at him and gave him her notebook signaling him to sign it for her. He wanted to say no but the girl seems to be in a very good mood to ignore.
 
“Ahhh.. Ok” He grabbed the notebook and pen from the girl and gently scribbled the repetitive words he have been writing to his fan girls ever since his career began.
 
“Yah! Sehee-ah! Let’s go” Someone grabbed the girl infront of him but the girl didn’t budge in where she stand.
The Sehee scowled and protested, “Wait. I’m waiting for oppa to sign my notebook for me. Why are you in such a hurry anyway?”. She hissed at her friend and then focused again on looking at Woohyun’s angelic face.
 
The other girl stood shocked when she realized Nam Woohyun is only at her side. Her face turned into crimson and bowed, “I’m sorry! It’s just we are in hurry, Oppa. But you could take all the time you want”.
 
Woohyun smiled awkwardly and continued writing but a certain thing made him stopped from writing and stood there, frozen.
 
 
The other girl leaned near her friend’s ear to whisper but her mumblings were still loud enough for Woohyun to hear, “You wouldn’t believe what I will tell you. I heard the people from the other Department are having a scene right now because Myungsoo apparently has a girlfriend and they were caught having an intimate moment together”.
 
Woohyun pretended like he heard nothing and wrote some nonsense words when he clearly is finished from all the things he should write. *Girlfriend? Could it be? Could it be that it’s Wonhee?*
 
“B-Bwoh?” Sehee stammered in disbelief. “That’s impossible! He haven’t experienced falling in love yet. That can’t be” 
Her friend bumped her intentionally and signaled her that she should be quiet since Woohyun is only inches from them and he might hear what they’re talking about.
 
Woohyun cleared his throat, which signals that he is done signing the girl’s notebook. He held the notebook with a firm grip and said, “What’s your name, pretty?”
 
Sehee blushed and rigorously said, “Ch-Choi Sehee! My name is Choi Sehee oppa”. She cupped her face due to too much excitement and blurted, “Oh my god. You really are handsome oppa!”.
 
Her friend squealed as well and then bowed in front of Woohyun. She straightened her shirt and then dragged her friend to who-knows-where until Woohyun can’t see even a silhouette of them.
 
“Girlfriend?” He mumbled. “Could it be that Wonhee and Myungsoo are already dating?” 
 
 
 
No matter how hard it is for you. You wanted to complete all your subjects during the first semester so you tried to conceal the pain you would feel each and every hour to attend all your classes.
 
Dahae would check up on you each and every hour to make sure you are okay and even though you knew that she is having a hard time running from her department to yours, you’ve seen nothing from her but smiles and energetic vibes and you would thank her for being so positive and buoyant in front of you.
 
After class, You would immediately go to the hospital to get your daily check up. It was either your mom who would go with you or Dahae, if she doesn’t take extra classes. But you would mostly spent your time on the hospital nowadays because of too much treatments.
 
Also, one of the things that pushes you to go to school is the chance that you would ran into Myungsoo and apologized for everything. Even though you know that being his family is nothing to be apologized at.
 
But you hurt his feelings and you want to take responsibility for that.
 
You hugged yourself, trying to warm your body from the cold that came from the rain outside. You are walking at the hallway when you saw a familiar figure walking ahead of you.
 
That tall, slim but well-built figure you wanted to see is now walking in front of you. And you sure don’t want to waste your time because you might not see him ever again.
 
You wanted to tell him that your mom is already here and the three of you would be complete again. Actually, You haven’t told this to your mom yet because you wanted him to be a gift to her birthday. At least for her to be happy beneath those stressing days she would look after you each and every second.
 
You bit your lip before your lips parted, “M-Myungsoo!”.
 
Myungsoo stopped walking but he didn’t move an inch from his position. He knew that voice. That sweet particular voice he has also secretly wanting to hear again.
 
You ran as fast as you could to catch up with and without any second thoughts. You hugged him amidst all the people lurking around you. 
 
“I’m sorry. But please don’t ignore me because it hurts me a lot” You sniffed as you begin to tear up and cry on his shirt. You don’t care what would people think or say to you, the only thing that matters here is for his anger to subside even a little.
 
Myungsoo froze. He sighed heavily and looked at the persons looking at the two of you. *Wonhee..*
 
There were incoherent mumblings everywhere and then some fans began to encircle the two of you, shooting sharp glares which looks like daggers that pierce through your skin as time goes by. 
 
All Myungsoo has on his face is a shocked expression which   made them misunderstood it and then suddenly someone grabbed your arms trying to drag you out of the circle. 
 
Myungsoo wanted to shout at the girl for doing that to you. But still, She’s a fan. An agitating and vexatious fan. And still, a fan is still a fan.
 
A sasaeng fan that has this look in her eyes, that signals that she wants to kill you anytime soon for just hugging her God just like that.
 
But Myungsoo caught her wrist in just a second, “It’s fine. I can take care of this”. 
 
“But she-” She stared at Myungsoo’s flaring eyes building chills down to her spine.
 
“Just go” He barked which made the girl flinch on her position and ran away. 
 
No one has ever seen Myungsoo so angry before and if he’s angry, he looks like a guy who would kill someone and break that person into pieces.
 
His actions made the mumblings and murmurs arise which made him more agitated than ever.
 
“All of you can go now. This is just a little misunderstanding” He shouted so loud that his distressed side, can be seen based on the way he looked at the persons around them.
 
The crowd looked at each other with doubt in their eyes. ‘There must be something going on in here’. They think as they nod in approval and walked away, still unsure if they should go.
 
But after those harsh moves that the fan gave you, You still continued to look at him with sad eyes like nothing happened.
 
“I won’t go anywhere until you forgive me” You stated firmly.
 
“Wonhee..” That’s all he can say. He can’t stay angry at you since it’s not your fault either. It was fate’s.
 
And he would swear and curse at fate over and over again for making him suffer like this. 
 
Instead, He bowed down a little a wiped the tears on your eyes, “I’m not angry at you. I swear. It’s just-”
 
 
 
 
So this is why you don’t like me, huh? You’ve already liked someone, that’s why you harshly rejected me at the elevator” A voice interrupted the two of you from talking.
 
You blinked innocently and looked at the owner of the voice, “Nam Woohyun”.
 
“Hyung” Myungsoo mumbled, unable to do any actions.
 
Woohyun gritted his teeth secretly. He heaved a sigh. He pursed his lips and faked a smile, “Congratulations Kim Myungsoo. You’ve finally got her now. I’m so happy for you”.
 
“Hyung. Wait” Myungsoo looked at your stiffed face as well as Woohyun’s expression. It was clear for him now. You, two love each other.
 
“No! I’m happy. I’m so happy for you. I told you she will be yours in no time” He nodded his head like he approves the two of you all along but the disappointment in his voice couldn’t be concealed.
 
Myungsoo squinted his eyes in confusion as he looked at you, secretly wiping your tears and not saying anything. Why can’t she explain everything to him? It’s so clear. She likes him. He likes her. What’s the problem with this two?
 
Woohyun cleared his throat and gulped inwardly. He looked at his watch, looking more affected as ever. 
“Oh wait. I think it’s time for my next class. See you” He raised his hand and turned his back. He put on his earphones and burst loud music intentionally. 
 
He keeps it on a very loud tune to clear out his the anger on his mind. The desire to punch Myungsoo on the face for hurting his feelings so bad, crept on his mind. But he couldn’t do it, because ever since the story began, Myungsoo had his eyes on her first. He’s very vocal to his feelings to you in front of Infinite and their other friends. 
 
What will he do? He was just a stuck up idiot who never realized his feelings for you in the first place. He has no right to be hurt. He has no right to shout on your face and tell you everything he’s been feeling inside of him that bothers him every day.
 
You make him go crazy and an idiot at the same time. He hates the fact that he loves you too much, it’s tearing him down into pieces, now.
 
He placed his hands on his pockets, not turning his back or anything on his way. All he does is trust his instinct on where hell his shoes would take him because he wanted to escape this place as soon as possible.
 
Meanwhile, Myungsoo just stared at Woohyun’s back figure, fading in the dark corner of the hallway. He could hear your sobs growing as time flies, which stings his soul and his heart just by looking at you.
 
He held your shoulders and look at you with sincerity, “Noona! Please stop crying. Just go up to him and explain to him everything, Okay?”
 
But instead you thump your chest hardly and breathlessly said, “Myungsoo.. My.. chest.. hurts.. I.. can’t.. breath..”.
“What?” He exclaimed with worried expression.
 
You felt your knees betraying you and there goes the loud pumping in your head which made you pulled your head with much force. As much as you want to stop the pounding in your head and ignore it, it hurts too much that your vision doubles.
 
No, triples
 
Until you saw Myungsoo in kaleidoscope directions. 
 
You felt your breathing hitches. Your vision blurs and your body being numb.
 
Myungsoo slapped you lightly and shook you but you are not responding to him. You can’t feel him anymore but the last thing you saw is Myungsoo’s troubled expression, looking and asking for help from anyone who could hear him.