Chapter 45

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

[a/n: This would be a very lonely chapter so I'm suggesting you to listen to this song while your reading to build up the mood. Hoho~]

 

 

 

 


 

 Awkward and  chilly silence filled the air as the wind blows in a crispy manner. It was beyond -18 degrees  in Seoul and all people would want to do is just stay in their own perspective houses, sipping a cup of hot chocolate or just simply slacking around enjoying the day since some of the class were suspending due to the sudden change to a freezing weather, though one man is still sitting and waiting. Waiting in a destitute and desolate  manner.

He looked at his watch abruptly, thinking time has passed so slowly and yet the thing he’s been waiting for, keeps him more futile than ever. *Where is she?*

A hand patted his shoulder in sympathy, “Dude! I think she won’t come anymore, Let’s wrap this up and we’ll just set this up again when the weather is fine. You’ll die here if you continued to stay”.

“No! She’ll come. I swear she’ll come” He clasped his hands together then buried his chin on his connected fingers with great, hopeful smile.

“Seriously. All the guys have left and we are the only ones here. I even sent Nicole home since the weather is no joke. I think we need to stop this for now. It is 7 pm already. You need to go now” The guy in blonde said as he looked at him with concern.

“No! I’ll just wait here for an hour. You should go now. What if she came here and I’m gone? She’ll freeze to death”

“But-“

“Just go, Key. I’m fine” He gave him a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

 And yet on the other side, Another guy was resting his head on the window of an empty bus, trying to digest everything that happened this day. He scanned his eyes on the streets slowly fading like little kaleidoscopes leaving him behind. He forced himself to admire the great ambiance he is seeing even though the pain he is feeling is unevitable.

 He thought this would be one of the best days that he’ll never forget. And better yet it turned out that way, just minus the ’best’ part. He was finely right, this is indeed a very unforgettable and at the same time a heartbreaking moment for him.

He didn’t expect everything would turn out like this. He felt like everything in his life was just a joke. A  Joke that he can never laugh on. He thought everything would go the way he wanted it to be.

Sure. He wanted to meet his real family. Know everything about them.  Ask them why have they ‘abandoned’ him. Tell them that he is much more better right now but it would be perfect to meet them at the right time.

 

For him, he met the right girl to fell in love with. The one who completes him, earnestly. He even imagined that he would be the luckiest person if he met the family who left him. It’s not that he’s angry but indeed he was grateful because he can never be than man he is right now if they didn’t abandoned him. He wants to meet his family and itroduced them the girl he loves and better yet he realized that the two persons who can complete him more than what he is, was undeniably the same person and he certainly hates that fact.

A tear slipped at the corner of his eye. *I cannot marry the girl I want to spend the rest of my life anymore*

And for once, He hated who he is right now. He can never blame you for making him fall for you since it was his heart that beats for you. You didn’t convince him to love you. He chose to fall for you more and more until he is stuck at a trap right now that he can never escape. The painful truth he escape that he can never be with you anymore.

That explains his hunger for your attention. The sudden attraction. The sense of belongingness.

It was all because you were related to him in some way and he never give up that fact because it was tied with your blood before you were born.

That he can never be the guy he wants to be anymore.

 

 

 

The coldness of the air filled you as you dragged your foot to who knows where. You needed someone to talked to right now and the way people bumping you crudely on the streets doesn't help either. You are secretly wishing you would see a familiar face along the cascading foreign features crowding and suffocating you.

Tears are welling down your eyes as you let yourself think about everything that happened today. 

Am I a bad person? You asked yourself.

You hugged yourself making yourself feel the warmth you've been longing. This was not the warmth you wanted. You wanted the warmth of people's understanding and at the same time the warmth of being loved as a sister.

You heaved a sigh as a puff of smoke unravels from your quivering mouth. You don't want to walk anymore. You are too tired both physically and emotionally to go on again and for a moment you wanted everything to stop. 

And luckily, You've found an empty bench lying at the corner of the street. You paced steps on the said location and rested yourself for a moment.

 

"I'm sorry for being your sister" You said with a trembling voice.

This was not supposed to be the time to tell him. But you can't help it. You can't help yourself from feeling the guilt that you should feel because apparently, your brother has been sickly in love with you.

He suddenly gripped on both of your wrist gently as he looked at you with puzzled eyes, half-amazed and half-confused. "What did you say?"

You took a breath with all courage and looked at him sincerely, "I-It's true. This has been the reason why you can't fall for me. We're siblings. Y-You are Chandoo, My brother"

His bewildered expression turned to a hearty laugh, "Are you joking?".

But you stood there, unmoved. "That's the truth Myungsoo, Why can't you just believe me".

"If you are planning to make me stop liking you then you are doing the wrong thing because nothing can make me stop loving you, not even Hyung" His expression changed to a stoic one, with a glare that creates daggers that pierce you through your soul.

"That's the truth. Do you know how happy and sad I was to know the truth. To know that the closest person to me is none other than my own brother. And you know why I hated it? It's because everything will changed between us no matter what we do and I hated it because I wanted you to be the same Myungsoo, the guy I know and my brother" Another set of tears trickled from your eyes as you looked at him with overflowing gentleness and sincerity.

Myungsoo clicked his tongue in annoyance and aggravation as he looked at you. He, himself knows that the possibility of him being your lost brother is high but why would you need to bring that up and lie to him. Which is so unyou, because you never lie.

You suddenly remembered that you and Chandoo have your picture at the back of all the cards hidden at your wallet so you grabbed your bag and searched for it. You slide through it and showed it to him.

"Please. Please believe me" 

He didn't want to look at it but his curiosity is urging him to take a look at the photo. And with one glance, he knew it was over.

He grabbed the photo harshly from your hands and looked at it thoroughly.

"This is bull!" He shouted with a mixed of anger and resentment. "You can't expect me to believe this!"

You were surprised when he cursed in front of you, this was not the reaction you want to hear from him. You gaped at him and let out a sudden outburst, "But you are believing me, aren't you? You know somewhere deep down there that you remembered me, aren't you? Please tell me that you remebered me. Please"

Myungsoo's head started to feel pain as your voice gradually became just an incoherent echo to him. He suddenly felt some electricity zapping his brain to the core and he doesn't know why. He ran his hands through his hair as he suddenly saw enthusiastic shades of blue blocking his sight but instead showing him a vivid reflection of two kids.

Two kids playing by the shore, having the time of their own as they continue splashing water towards each other. And as long as he sees it, he suddenly remebered the g as him. Those innocent flashing smile and that way he laughed, it was definitely him.

The next thing he saw is a pale looking young lady with her hair tied up to a neat bird's nest and her smile concealing the state she is in at that moment. The girl looked weak and sick but she stills laugh in accord with her brother by her side. And after a moment, a familiar voice snapped him towards reality.

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo-ah" It says.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo, Are you okay?" Then a familiar face shoved his thoughts away with yet his head still aching so bad.

He pulled himself away as he saw your face near to him. He gave himself the strength to stood up and drag himself away from the scene. Away from the reality he couldn't face

 

 

You suddenly snapped out of your thoughts as you heard your phone ring giving you  hints of  astonishment to yourself.

Atlast, Someone has decided to be totally there for you right now when you desperately need one.

You used the sleeves of your jacket to wipe your tears and then you fished out for your phone, telling you you've already had 30 missed calls and 65 messages from people. You saw through the whole entire top list of your caller log and realized that Dahae has been calling you for an our now.

How long have I been here? You asked yourself and took a glance at your watch and it's nearly 9:30 pm

You punched in her number and called her to know why has she been calling you and with just a ring, you received a shout from the agitated young lady.

"YAH UNNIE! WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOU KNOW I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR LIKE AN HOUR RIGHT NOW? I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU"

You tested your voice if it is a little nasally and good thing it was not the same as when you've had your talk with Myungsoo. Though the colds as evident of your excessive crying was till there.

"I'm okay, Dahae. I'll be there in 3 minutes" You said calmly as you tried to sound 'okay'

But hell knows, she knows everything about you

"Have you been crying?" She asked in a suspicious tone.

You stiffened on your seat and bit your lip. You parted your lips and said, "I-I am not".

She gave you a soft chuckle, "Are you aware that you are a bad liar?"

You gasped softly with shades of crimson, starting to be revealed at your flustered cheeks. You wanted to defend yourself but realized it was no use since she knows you more you know yourself.

"And oh Unnie! Don't go home. I'll just see you there. Can you see any cafes close to your place right now?"

You roamed your eyes but all you see were great effulgence of dancing luminous street lights streaming from here and there. 

You tapped your lip. Cafe. Cafe. Aha! Found one!

"Uhm.. Apparently, there is. It's name is 5 extracts" You twisted your lips as you pushed your self away from the bench. You yanked yourself towards the shop and found a seat at the back portion of the store.

"Ohh.. One of my favorite hangouts. Wait for me in 5 minutes. I'll be there"

 

 

"What?! So you mean, he knows now about his true identity and that was his expression?" Dahae choked as she placed her espresso on the wooden table. 

You nodded your head as you encircled your  hands on the handle of the cup of your coffee. You slurped its savoring and filling cream leaving a mark on the side of your lips, which you immediately wiped with the edge of your fist.

"How?" She shifted her position and leaned in, which shows her precise interest about the topic.

"It just happened. Everything was so fast. I mean, he confessed and then I told him we can't be together and then there was it" Your words seems to be mumbles where in it seems like you are eating your own words.

"I didn't even know he would do that. I mean, he shouted and cursed at you. I knew that you are the most important person to him and I felt that it hurted him a lot. I'm sorry about that" Dahae muttered as her eyes stared at you, in awe.

You gave her a smile and listened her tell her parts and comments about your story. But suddenly, You felt that everything spins around you and images of things are starting to double. No triple. It's like everything is not the way it used to be.

You finally heard a loud ringing on your head and it felt like it has hammered into thin pieces. You cringed at the pain you are feeling. You've felt this thing. And recently at the funeral of Woohyun's mother.

But now, it was no joke

You run your fingers through your hair and pulled it massaging and hurting your scalp at the same time. You wanted to shout because of the pain. And the paleness of your face, cannot be concealed by the said pain.

"Unnie, Are you ok?" Dahae asked as she reached her hands to hold your wrist, b with concern and guilelessness.

You gripped on hers and used all your strength to stand up. You abruptly felt something on your stomach making you queasy and queer. You know that anytime soon, you might throw up.

"I-I'm fine. Excuse me. I might have to pee" You said in a calm voice and with that, you ran your way towards the bathroom.

You felt your knees give up as soon as you closed the door making you crawl towards the cubicle. 

You couldn't take it anymore and released every thing you have to throw up on the bowl. Your breath hitches. Your throat having to feel that bizaare and gross taste. Your body feeling the numbness and all you did was shed a tear when you realized what you've just vomited.

Everything felt falling into places when you saw that you've just released 'a mixed of reddish and black substance' on the the toilet bowl. Signalling that nothing's okay with how you are feeling right now.

No. You're wrong. This will start the hell-hole life you've thought you've burned as a memory when you were young.

You couldn't take it anymore and all you did was bump your head on the wall and cried your heart out. 

And the sooner as it gets, you felt everything disappears.

You closed your eyes, unable to take it anymore and then the last thing you heard was a familiar scream from the most familiar person, who knows you more than anything in the world.