Chapter 22

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 

 

 You are walking beside Woohyun, who seems to be pre-occupied with his rooted thoughts. You remained silent since he's not in the mood to goof around with you. He stopped in a red convertible. You examined it and it looks so sleek and new. You gaze at him waiting for him to explain everything to you.
 
He pressed something on the small remote control and then with one beep, You heard the locks, unlatched. He cocked his head and looked straightly at you, "Get in".
 
"Where are we going?" You gave him a quizzical look.
 
"We.." He held the latch and opened the door for you. "We are going to have fun" He gave you a flashy smile, waiting for you to get in, on his car
 
You scrunched your nose in curiousity, "But why are we-".
 
Woohyun held your wrist and pushed you inside his car, "Just get in, dumdum! I'm not going to eat you. I'll just give you a tour around Jeju, that's all".
 
He chuckled seeing your shocked expression. *This girl is so gullible*
 
He opened the car and sat on the driver's seat. He looked at your expression but you seem to be pre-occupied touching and pressing some things. He pressed a button then the roof of the car magnificiently detached from its original position which made you form an 'o' on your mouth.
 
You abruptly stared at it and froze for a moment. You've seen alot of this back in your highschool but you've never been on one and you've always wanted to try riding luxurious items like this one. *Whoa*
 
 
 
 
 You looked at Woohyun and gushed, "Awesome".
 
"Will you please close your mouth, Miss? Now, Please fasten your seatbelt as we are about to go on a very dangerous ride" Woohyun beamed at you.
 
You did as you are told and gave him a look, "What did you mean by Dange-".
 
You were interrupted by a fast maneuver which made you immediately held unto your seatbelt as your body bumped on it due to too much impact.
 
You glared at Woohyun who gave you an innocent smile, "YAH! What are you trying to do? Do you want to kill me?". 
 
He just shrugged at you and continued driving swiftly but not as fast as the one that shocked you a while ago. 
 
You were nearly this close on having a mental breakdown, thinking if riding this car is a brilliant idea. You gaped at him but he seems to be enjoying the fast ride he been playing. 
 
You were shouting incoherent words but he couldn't hear you because of the loud sound made by the car. You couldn't do anything but sit back and wait for this one hell of a ride to stop.
 
After of minutes of chanting prayers and stuffs, You suddenly felt relaxed as the combination of warm and cold air embraced you giving you a relaxed vibe.
 
You took a breath and closed your eyes as you slightly released yourself to the calm breeze.
 
Woohyun looked at you from his peripheral vision, a bright smile formed on his lips, "Enjoying too much?".
 
You nodded and smiled at him, "Yeah! Except for the surprising maneuver and fast driving, You did a while ago. Man! You could have killed me". 
 
He just shrugged cooly and smiled at you. "This is certainly my most favorite part here in Jeju. The mixed warmth and coldness of the wind and the sweet scent of nature that you couldn't experience in Seoul. I kinda miss peace and This the only place where I could find it".
 
 
 
 
 
 "Anyway, Why did you want me to join you in this trip? I have a lot of things to do back in the trailer. I thought you want peace" You gave him a questioning look.
 
He cringed on his seat. *Well, I want to make you feel at ease because you seem a little bit down when I saw you with Myungsoo, a while ago. I just felt like I had to*
 
"I'm waiting" You crossed your arms, giving him a curious look.
 
"Uh.. I just felt the need that I have to. Since you've never been here so it would be my pleasure to be your tour guide" He muttered. 
 
"Yeah right" You mumbled as you pouted and focused yourself on the road.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After some minutes of appreciating and gasping at places you never knew exists, You've finally reached your destination. He stepped on the brakes and smiled at you.
 
tumblr_m3nvykWVY91qchqazo3_500.jpg
 
You gaped at the magnificient view. You couldn't stopped fantasizing the scenic view embracing you. This is the first time you've ever seen such a beautiful place like this.
 
You couldn't help but beam at the sight. "Whoa"
 
Woohyun came out of the car and said, "So here it is. My favorite place in  Jeju".
 
You quickly get out of the car and ran across the flowerbed. You looked at the things around you and you saw a lighthouse resting right infront of you. 
 
"Whoa! This is heaven. How did you find this? I only see this kind of  places in movies?" You removed a strand of your hair blocking you due to the wind.
 
"Am I cool or cool?" Woohyun reclined at his car, crossing his chest, releasing a cocky smile.
 
You paused for a moment to think, "Neither". You innocently beamed at him.
 
Woohyun frowned and held the latch of his car, "Then we should go back now".'
 
"No!!! Neither! Because this is AWESOME. Let's just stay here. Please" You pleaded.
 
"And now you should thank me" Woohyun paced steps with his hands on both of his pockets.
 
You turned to him, "How? Well I didn't regret going in this fantastic place so spill what you want me to give you in return".
 
"I'll just tell you that later" He whispered on your ear. 
 
"Right now" He yawned. "Let's savor the moment" He lay his self down on the flower bed.
 
You immediately sat beside him and smiled at the view, "Well you are so lucky for finding this place. This is so peaceful. It can lessen a person's pain inside just by seeing the view".
 
"I know. I'm so lucky I found it. I mean it is beautiful" He murmured. Then he turned to you, "Very beautiful"
 
 
 
 
"I wonder if you brought alot of girls here" You placed your hands on your chin.
 
Then you turned to him, "I bet they're uhmm.. 5? No.. 4?"
 
"I haven't brought girls here. This my secret private place and I shouldn't reveal this to anyone. Even to the other members, I haven't told them I found this place. I wonder if Dahae would like this"
 
You roamed the place then looked at him."Based on my calculations, Dahae like romantic things so I thing she would definitely love this place".
 
"So I'm the first girl you brought here?" You asked him, searching his eyes for answers.
 
"Well, As far as I know, You are not a girl" He chuckled, then ruffled your hair.
 
You scrunched your nose then punched him lightly on the arm, "Yah!!"
 
 
 
 
 
 He reached out for something in his pocket and reached out to you, "Here".
 
You looked at the thing he is holding. You chuckled inwardly as you saw what he is holding. It is a strawberry-milk flavored Chupa Chups.
 
"What am I supposed to do with that thing?" You chortled.
 
Woohyun frowned for a moment and broke into laughter, "Why are you laughing? Someone had told me that lollipop cheers on people who are having problems. I know you are facing one so I kinda felt the need that I need to give this to you".
 
He got another one from his pocket, unwrapped it and popped on his mouth. "Some people uses cigarettes as a stress reliever but I'm a good boy so I seem to be the lollipop kind of boy" He chuckled.
 
"Lollipops? Really?" You chuckled. You flinched on your seat and looked closely at him, "Who told you I'm facing a problem right now?".
 
He shrugged cooly, "I don't know. I just felt like you are facing one, today"
 
You cleared your throat, "Is it obvious?".
 
"Nope. I just felt it. You're my bestfriend, right?" Woohyun looked at you to search for answers.
 
"Since when? Aren't we putting up an act?" You threw a flower to Woohyun.
 
Woohyun picked the flower on his face and threw it at you, "Well, I really want us to be friends. If you will allow it"
 
"If I may know, You only want to be friends with me because you like Dahae. Am I right?" You made a face.
 
"No! I really mean it. Though the thing about Dahae is a bonus one for me. But I really really want to be friends with you" Woohyun suddenly sit up to your length to show how much sincere he is with his words.
 
"You don't have to ask me. You just have to act like one. I am gladly welcoming people to my world. They just don't like to stay with me for the rest of my life" You looked down to hide your dejected reaction.
 
Woohyun felt like he have to say something to make you feel better but he couldn't think of one. *Think Nam Woohyun! Think*
 
"Well that's deep" He blurted. *Errr... Wrong word*
 
An enigmatic smile formed on your lips, "Am I?". You giggled.
 
He nodded. "Now! Are you going to take this lollipop or not?" He offered you his candy. He wagged it infront of you, waiting for you to accept it.
 
You accepted it and smiled, "Well you sounded like someone..."
 
 
 
 
 
"Noona! Noona!" 
 
A familiar voice resonated the room as you have your gaze fixed on the window, specifically at the children playing outside the hospital, which has been your home for 3 years. Everything seems bland to you. The only thing that makes your life colorful is your family that wouldn't stop visiting you at the place which you call 'Prison'.
 
You looked at the owner of that lovely voice and a smile walked past across your then bitterish espression.
 
"Chandoo-ah!" You called out as the 8-year old Chandoo ran towards your direction. He hugged you like he haven't seen you for years.
 
"Noona! I've got an A on my test. Ms. Yang told me I'm the most behave student in my class. Look at my hand!" He shows of his hand with an indescribable grin on his face. "She gave me three stars"
 
"Whoa! That's good! I wish I could go to school like you, too" You forced a smile and ruffled your brother's hair.
 
"Noona! I promise you. You won't be lonely again and in time, You will be out of this prison you will have more friends and then you will be happy forever" He gave you a reassuring hug.
 
You smiled at your brother's sweetness and pinched his cheeks, "I know, Chandoo. I know"
 
He reached out for something on his pocket. "Here"
 
You stared at the thing, he is holding. It is a big swirly lollipop. You stared at him, unable to know what to do.
 
"What am I supposed to do with that?" You asked him.
 
"My teacher gave it to me. I want to make you the happiest person in the world just like the colors of this candy, I want to make your life more colorful and sweet. Don't frown, Noona! You are at your best when you smile" 
 
You quickly snatched the candy from his hand and ate it. "Delicious. Thank you Chandoo-ah"
 
"Wonhee-ah! I've got a news for you! The doctor said you are recovering from your sickness and you can be discharged from this hospital tomorrow" Your mom came in with a remarkable smile on her face.
 
"Really?" Your eyes glimmer with both excitement and delight.
 
"Noona! I told you. You will get out here and now it happen.  Yay!" Chandoo jumped in glory and hugged you tightly like his life depends on it.
 
"Yes Chandoo. It finally happened" You looked at his head and then gaze at the lollipop he gave you. You smiled inwardly and looked at your mom, who seems delighted at the sudden notice.
 
 
 
"...I know" You finished your sentence and then stared at the candy, you are holding.
 
"Woohyun-ah! Who told you that lollipops can cheer out people?" You turned to face him but he is sleeping soundly with his body laid flat to the ground, head yielded on his arms and a lollipop on his mouth.
 
"And now he's sleeping.. Just when I needed him to answer my question" You mumbled agitately. 
 
You suddenly had the urge to sleep since you were awaken by a bad dream. You surrender yourself beside Woohyun. You looked at the tangerine sky, which seemed to be bitterish in its own way and closed your eyes shifting yourself, hoping you would see your brother even in amidst to the most conceivable dreams.