Chapter 47

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 You took a breath as you held the latch of the taxi and opened the door. This is finally it. You are going to quit everything laid infront of you to make yourself secured though this is hurting you a lot. The sound of your heels clacked  as you paved steps to the entrance of the building. 

You swiped your card on the side of the door and waited for the door to open for you. After a few seconds, You heard those fragile mirrored borders parted their ways to make way for you.

You were definitely uncertain about quitting your job but this is the best for you and for everyone. You need to get yourself treated because you don't want to die. You don't want to lose to the battle you've already been fighting eversince you were young. It may not be victorious to kill you then, but it already killed a lot of people. Even your dreams as well..

Your dad. The time that you and Myungsoo should have spent together. Your hopes in seeing the beauty of life. Your happiness. Everyone's happiness. Your dream to have a peaceful life and to meet someone who will love you unconditionally just like what your mom did. 

You may say that you do not believe in love and such things but there is still a part of you that relies on it. The way you see life on books. That love can fulfill a person's life even though they are on their most censorious part of their life.

Love.. Why does it have to come to you when you are slowly fading away from the world's side?

 

 

You tapped your toes at the ground while waiting for the elevator to open. You don't know why but beads of sweat were forming on your temples as the doors of the elevator detaches to each and every floor it would stop.

8th floor. When it reach 8th floor, Everything's done.

You just need to tell their boss that you are quitting from being Woohyun and Sunggyu's assistant. Bid goodbye to the members and some staffs. And poof, nothing will haunt you again.

But it was never easy to say goodbye.

Especially to the persons who became a very important part of your life. 

But you need to do this. It's not like you are going to exit yourself out of their lives. You are just going to take a break and treat your illness.

It's not like you are going to forget them and leave them behind. He told you that if you consider treatment, your life will have its extension though you know that you will die anytime soon.

You heard a loud alarming sound which switched you back to your senses. And after of a couple milliseconds, the door opened showing you the empty, desolate hallway you used to ran blunderous around  when you were late.

 

 

 After a few walks, You finally saw the office of Lee Jungyeop, Woollim's CEO. You knock on the door and decided to open it. You saw him talking to someone on the phone while looking at the window. You are incredibly sure that he can see your reflection through the window since he gave you a sign which tells you to wait for him.

You drummed your fingers own his desk, nonchalantly, as you roam your eyes around the huge, spacious room. You waited for him to have his conversation over when you heard a specific name which made fidget on your seat.

"Myungsoo? What do you mean has not been home since last night? What? I don't need your excuses. Find him. They have to continue recording later. Well it can't be post-poned!" He shouted on his phone not minding if his tone of voice can astound other's consciousness.

You wanted to open your mouth to ask him if Myungsoo's alright but you decided to fight it. It would be kinda disrespectful for others to have someone who will suddenly barge in on their own business right?

When his conversation was over, You stood up with a worried expression on his face. "What happened to Myungsoo?"

His expression became dark and his lips curved to a smirk, "I believe it is none of your business   Miss Young".

You parted your lips to protest but nothing seems to come out of your mouth. So he cut you off with a meek smile, "What is it you want, Miss Young?".

You bit your lip and dubiously answered, "I-I want to quit my job. I know that my salary has a bonus because I'm still acting as his friend & I'm his assistant as well. But I want to quit those two jobs since I want to focus on my studies more".

Which is a lie, since the first semester is bound to end and the doctor told you not to continue studying for the mean time since you will undergo some treatments and he assures you that studying would stress you a lot and then your body will be weak with all the theraphies you'll receive.

He frowned, "Isn't it too sudden? I mean you'll gonna need some money for your other needs especially your tuition fee. Aren't you going to-".

"I've already saved enough, Sir" You interrupted him, trying to assure him everything is alright for you.

He scrunched his nose and looked closely at you. He massaged his chin and said, "Woohyun didn't do anything stupid to you, have he?"

You automatically waved your hands, denying his accusations. "No! He didn't do anything. I did it because I want to. You don't have to scold him or anything. I'm fine, I swear".

He looked at you for a minute, thinking. But you're sure he's kinda suspicious at your words so you looked away from his gaze and waited a little.

"Ok fine. I'll let you go now. Just say goodbye to Sunggyu and Woohyun formally and then after that, I'll find someone to replace your position" He stated, still doubting your words.

You smiled blissfully and shook his hands in glee, "Thank you, Sir".

And then it hit you this happiness is just temporary, "Wait, Sir. I.. Uhh.. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. Miss Young, What can I do for you?" 

"Can I make something for them? Like, Can I cook or something?" You ask hastily.

"Sure, Miss Young. I think Sunggyu is there at their dorm today. You can say goodbye to him, as well" He said as he rummaged through some folders, looking for something.

 

 

And with that, You bid goodbye and start running to the elevator to get to the dorm in time. You don't want to see Woohyun now. You think that it is much better to say goodbye to him without leaving traces except the food that you will cook for him and the boys as well.

You are humming casually to the song being played right now at the elevator. You are the only one riding on the elevator so you waited for it, calmly , to reach the ground floor. 

But the door opened as soon as it reached 5th floor. And as much as to your surprise, You've encounter one of the persons you never like to meet especially right now.

Your breathing became as fast and as hard as ever. You gave out a huge gasp while having an astonishing pound on your brain on whether you should run or stay like he is not here in front of you. But wait, You also don't want him to think that you are avoiding him for no reason it's just.. 

He looks as enticing as ever but there is something about him that bothers you. He may look charming and all but behind those captivating smiles, you know that there is something in there. You wanted to ask him what's the problem but..

"Why did you stood me up yesterday?" He inquired as soon as the elevator closed. He pressed the button to the basement, casually.

You don't have anything to say to him so you remained still in your position, signaling him that you are listening to what he is going to say.

"You know it's okay if you stood me up since I know that you are a very reasonable person and you have your way for things. I know that something came up and I'm not in the state to meddle with someone's business but I know that deep down, you wanted to go. It's just that something came up, right?" An attractive smile was sent off by his face, concealing his disappointment about what happened yesterday.

"Woohyun.. I'm sorry" You looked at his reflection on the door with sincere eyes.

He let out an energetic vibe and said, "I knew it. Something came up. And eventhough you stood me up for a million times, I won't give up. I won't stop letting you realize that I'm really genuine about my feelings for you".

You gave him a look, unable to know what to say. "Yah! Nam Woohyun.. Stop making up jokes".

He gulped inwardly and looked at you with intense eyes. And before you knew it, he is holding your hand tightly, making it secure and warm at the same time. 

You stared at those expressive little eyes making you shiver a little from your position. All you see in those eyes are devout serenity and contentment. There is nothing more a girl would wish for than to look at those innocent eyes.

The way he looks at you. The way he touches your hand makes you feel like you don't want to let go and say goodbye.

And you don't want to be hurt when he realized the truth. He will just let you go once he know that the girl he loves cannot be with him as longer as he is gonna be in this world.

That's when you know that there is no such things as perfect in love. You can't be happy because there'll always be problems that will keep you away from each other and as for you, the world seems to be throwing you both the helplessness to live and to love.

"Don't do this. I've already quit my job. There's no way we would see each other anymore" You held his hand and pushed it away, harshly.

"What?"

"I said, I' m not going to see you anymore so better yet forget about me" You said firmly.

"W-Wonhee.. Don't do this" He held your hand again giving it a hard but gentle push, showcasing how much he pleads for you.

"I've already done it" You declared. You held his hand once again but now in a cold manner, "So please... Let me go".

And with that you heard the elevator opened signaling it has already reached ground floor.

"I'm sorry Woohyun.. I'm sorry" You decided to run away as fast as you can before you could tear up in front of him.

It was never easy for you to say goodbye to him now that you have clearly accepted the fact that you love him.

And you are thankful that you've just realized it now, since everything has only begun for the two of you. You were nowhere the of your own since you've already ended it before it gotten off a start.

A couple of people piled up in the elevator making it hard for Woohyun to get out. He groan in annoyance as the population on the elevator grow, making him stay unwantedly at that area. And what he hates the most here is he let the girl go without even stopping her properly.

Now she's gone.

And the story about them that hasn't been started has already come to an end.

He shouted before the door closes, "Yah Young Wonhee! I will wait!".

Wonhee stopped running upon hearing his voice. Her pants are becoming hard as seconds pass by. She wiped the bead of sweat rolling from her temple and mumbled, "Can you wait forever?"

And then she set foot to walk again, "I guess not".

Or atleast that's what he know.

 


 

[a/n: And more tomatoes everywhere. Fine, I get it. It hurts now. LOL. Anyway, To warn you.. There are going to be more dramas to come ^^]