Chapter 64

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

"Where are we going?" Woohyun scratched his head trailing you from behind. You cocked your head on his direction and just gave him a smile.

You continued to pace steps until you heard Woohyun gushed, “Whoa! I just can’t jump on that bridge. I don’t understand people who love to go bungee jumping”.

You just realized that you finally reached your destination because of the screams and shouts of people jumping at the top of the bridge.

Their screams made you feel giddy and feel a lot of adrenaline rush in your body.

You halt your steps into a stop and let out a smirk before fixing your gaze at him, still oblivious of your plan. You didn’t tell him that you will go bungee jumping today because you know that he was afraid of heights and if you let him know about this thing, he’ll surely won’t allow you to go as well.

"Wait, where are we exactly going?" Woohyun gave you a curious glance and eyed your expressions. You bit your lip and let out a nervous laugh, "Sorry Woohyun".

He furrowed his eyebrows and said, “Sorry about what?”

"I already bought our entrance tickets and I think they’re expecting us to go up there now" You smiled at him awkwardly, gripping his wrist with both gentleness and urgency.

He suddenly had a dark expression that you just couldn’t read so you tried to explain it more, “I want to do this, Woohyun. Please. Please just don’t get angry at me”.

"Do they know about your condition?" He raised his eyebrows and then placed both of his hands on his waist. "Is that why you had your hair on a ponytail right now? So that they won’t notice the chemo signs, huh?"

You frowned at him. His words hit at you like a dagger being thrown by a ninja perfectly to its target. He knows you well enough that you always have your hair in high pony so that people won’t see some patches of your bare scalp that has lost its hair due to the strong radiation of your chemotherapy.

You shook your head and said, “I just can’t go around and say I’m sick, Woohyun! That just limits me to whatever I can do!”

"I know that, okay?! It’s just it would be dangerous for you"

You gagged at him, feeling annoyed. “Dangerous?! How can it be dangerous? It has harnesses and stuff that holds you until your very last fall”.

Woohyun closed his eyes, choosing the right words to say. “That’s not what I meant, Wonhee. I-I was worried about your-“

"What? My condition?" You cut him. "Woohyun, I don’t have a heart disease neither am I pregnant or a person who had . I have leukemia but that doesn’t mean I’ll die during my jump"

Woohyun opened his mouth to say something but no words came out of his mouth. You pressed his palms tightly and mumbled, “Please trust me on this one”.

He heaved a sigh and he looked unto your eyes intently then to the direction of the bridge, “Why do you even like jumping that thing? That’s not even humane. It’s like attempting suicide but you’re not dying”.

"Exactly my point, babe" You smiled proudly.

"Huh?"

You chuckled inwardly and looped your arms on his, “It’s the feeling like you’re going to die from the free fall but then you will realize in the end that you’re not”

 

 

 

You had your harness and helmet on when you realized that you still haven’t told Woohyun that once you get to the top part, the only way for you to go down was to jump.

He has this great fear of heights but you also want him to conquer it.

You rushed towards Woohyun who has his arms crossed looking at you, anticipating for you to reach his direction. By the time you reached him, you realized he has this big smile plastered on his face and all you ever do was ask him, why was he smiling at you.

He gave one of his boyish smiles and said, “You look pretty adventurous, babe”.

"Thanks" You grinned at him, then rushed to his side. "Oh Woohyun! I forgot to tell you.."

"Forgot to tell me what?" Woohyun incquired, not getting what you are saying.

You bit your lip and nibbled it awkwardly, “The only way for you to go down there was to jump”. He laughed at you like it was the most impossible thing to do, “You’re kidding me, right?”.

You shook your head and pointed awkwardly to the ground. He gave you an abashed expression, “No. No. No. No. This must be some kind of a joke. What about the workers here? You just can’t expect them to jump everyday, right?”.

"To be very honest, almost all of them were doing that everyday. Some were going home through transportation outside but that would be hours to take for you to reunite with someone who was at the bottom"

He gave you an unreadable expression as you cupped his face, “Hey Woohyun, it’ll be alright. Close your eyes. Shout. After a few minutes, you’ll realize that you fell faster than you could’ve imagine”.

Woohyun looked away to avoid your gaze, “What if I die? What if there was some malfunctioning with the harness? What about you? This is suicide, Wonhee!”

You smiled inwardly feeling those butterfly flutters in your stomach punching you in the gentlest way it could. Woohyun was such a strong and brave man but only this could make him waver. He looks like a kid hiding underneath the table but his feet were sticking out. It was obvious that he was so much more afraid than he was before.

"That won’t happen, Woohyun" You chuckled, mocking.

He rolled his eyes, “Funny, Wonhee”.

You pinched his cheeks then caressed it gently before pulling his face to you closely, giving smooches to his eyes, nose, cheeks then lastly his lips, where your lips stayed on his, for the longest time, mumbling “Please” on every kiss you gave him.

"Hey love birds! It’s your turn" A guy from your back shouted, desperately waiting for you to jump to get his work done.

"Wait, can we jump together?" You asked the guy working on the other girl’s harness.

He gave you nod and said, “As long as he has his harness on, that will be allowed ma’am”.

You thanked the guy and squeezed Woohyun’s hand hard, giving him a reassuring smile. He gave you a meek smile before looking at the person on your back.

The guy stopped talking with whoever he was talking to on the phone then he gave Woohyun an instinctive glance and said, “I think I saw you somewhere”.

Woohyun was about to open his mouth when you suddenly speak, “Why? Does he look like some celebrity?”

"Yes, indeed he is" The guy frowned, studying Woohyun’s features

You looked at Woohyun’s stiff facial expression and looped his arms with yours, “Wow, I know girls would be telling that to you but I never thought that guys would look up to you like that as well”. You laughed at him before you continued, “You know one time, there was this girl who thought he was Hyun Bin. Then sometimes someone would come to us by saying he looks like Nam Woohyun. Like seriously? Nam Woohyun? My husband is more handsome and more talented than that arrogant guy to be very honest. Right honey?”

Woohyun looked at you inquisitively before smiling awkwardly, “Huh? Oh..”

"Aww. My baby’s too shy to say something. Well, goodbye Sir. We’re going to jump now, right hon?"

"R-Right now?" Woohyun said flabbergasted.

"Yes. Oh look, they’re going to put harness on you now. Let’s go" You said before snatching his hands away towards the employee who’s patiently waiting for the two of you.

You didn’t dare to look at him. You just held his hands away to walk away from that man. You forgot that people were still not aware of Woohyun’s marriage or that he’s with someone. No matter how you tried to brush it off, it still hurts that you can’t shout to the world that this guy is legally and physically your man. 
You’re not going to expect something from him about this. After all after a few months, you’ll be out of his life anyway so what’s the catch about this, right?

You looked at him once again while he was getting his harness on signalling an, “Are you okay?” sign while you responded with a smile concealing everything that you’re feeling inside.

 


 

Your childhood bucket list

 

[/] Dance with my dad
[] Spend a day with Chandoo
[] Make my family happy
[/] Fly
[] Sleep under the stars and Wake up under the sky
[/] Touch a real life star
[] Stop the time
[] Leave happy


Promise to myself:
No matter how sick I am, I swear I don’t want to die in a hospital