Chapter 44

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 
You are humming to yourself as you finger-combed your hair. You are now staring at yourself at the mirror. You were surprised by the girl you are seeing at the mirror. You've never prepared yourself for anyone before and you don't know why are you even doing this. This is so unyou.
 
You kinda wish Dahae is here to tell you if your dress fits perfectly with your shoes. Or atleast someone would cheer you because you are really nervous right now and even though she teases you a lot, that cools you down and that’s what you love about her.
 
You pursed your lips and strengthen the folds of the dress you are wearing right now, which also happened to be Woohyun’s gift for you. *Is this okay now?*
 
You were about to turn your back and leave when someone pressed the doorbell and that made your heart pound faster than it’s normal pace.
 
“Oh no” You mumbled as you bit your lip. “Why did he need to me there if I can go there on my own?”
 
Your heels cackled as you run downstairs and reach for the door. You twisted the knob hastily and was surprised by the person who is standing on your porch, right now.
 
Your eyes widened and beads of sweat immediately trickled from your temple, “M-Myungsoo”.
 
 
 
Woohyun smiled as everything moves perfectly as it is. He rented the whole stadium just for you. His plan? Invite you to watch a baseball game (which was played by most of his friends) and then confess to you by some stuff he have been planning since then.
 
“Yah! Woohyun. The cards for the letter are already fixed. Where are we supposed to place it?” Jaejin asked as he run through the other side.
 
“Uhh.. Just put it over there" Woohyun said as he pointed near the grass.
 
He stared in space as he remembered what he and Sunggyu talked about a while ago..
 
 
 
Woohyun hummed lively as he came across the dining room. The others are already in their practice room eversince Woohyun woke up. He will not be considered late since he've already practiced their rehearsals when some of the members were busy from their schedule so he doesn't need to attend remedial when he've already took some advanced lessons to have his own free time.
 
Woohyun munched on his apple and looked at it with a smile on his face. *Today's the day*
 
"You seem to be so happy" Sunggyu suddenly popped out from his room and grabbed something from the refrigerator. "Strange"
 
Woohyun continued eating and stood up, turning his back on Sunggyu. "Hyung! I'll be going out for a bit. If any of our managers looked for me, just tell them I'll be home at 7 or 8. I'll just have something important to do".
 
"Is it because of Wonhee?" Sunggyu asked calmly as he filled his cup with water and then drank it casually.
 
Woohyun stopped his tracks, "Why?". Then he looked once again at Sunggyu.
 
"I just want to tell you that you need cautious in whatever you do”
 
Woohyun heaved a sigh, “What does that even mean?” 
 
“I don’t know. There will be some people who’ll get hurt no matter how happy you might be. That’s the hell hole of reality not anyone would be happy on how everything will turn out in the end” 
 
Woohyun frowned, “And your point is?”
 
Sunggyu looked at him for a second and sighed, “Nothing. I just want to tell you to be cautious, once you’ve got her. Because I know you’ll get her in no time but here’s my advice, Don’t hurt the girl Woohyun. Because I know you and once you’ve already get enough of something, you’ll just throw them like they’re just some kind of tissue that once you’ve used them, you’ll just throw them whenever you want because I’m telling you not only Myungsoo would kill you but I will also turn my back on you”.
 
“Of course” Woohyun sulked, disappointed with what Sunggyu has said to him. He knew he’ve been a cassanova and a heartless person before but can’t they trust him on this one, just this one time when he’ve finally felt something for a girl he never knew he would like. 
 
He smiled bitterly, “That hurts”
 
Sunggyu looked at him apologetically, “I’m sorry. It’s just.. I don’t know. I’m on your side on this one. No. I’ve been on your side ever since the start. Myungsoo knows there’s something going on between the two of you, I know it. I even saw Myungsoo cried because of her that one time and he didn’t even told even me or Yeol about that. It’s just if Myungsoo’s going to be hurt. I want it to be worth it wherein the girl he gave up on a fight, will never be sad because I know you’ll be dead to him once you broke her heart."
 
 
Woohyun took a breath. A part of him wrecks knowing Myungsoo’s upset because of him yet if he continues to consider other feelings and just learn to let go, he will be the one who’s going to get hurt.
 
“Whoa! That girl must be really special” A voice suddenly tingled his bones and awakened him from his thoughts. He looked on his side for the owner of the familiar voice and he was welcomed by a warm smile.
 
“I’m starting to feel jealous, Nam Woohyun. You never surprise me when we were dating. Actually, I’m always the one who gives you the gifts not you” The girl scowled as she scans the whole stadium in awe.
 
All Woohyun can answer was a satisfying grin. *This will be perfect for me and you, Wonhee*
 
“Ugh. I definitely hate those times. All you did was treat me like a trash, I could’ve cursed you and wished you were dead. Good thing, I’ve found the right man after you” She shook her head in disbelief, replaying those times they were together.
 
“But Nicole, You have Key right now. There’s nothing you can do to get me back” Woohyun playfully remarked as he smile at Nicole.
 
“Shut up, Woohyun. I won’t go back to you anymore. Like that could happen. But seriously, I thought that this is for that Dahae girl you brought to that party of yours. Who is this Wonhee, anyway? I think her name is a little bit familiar or something” She squinted her eyes, obviously comprehending.
 
Woohyun was about to explain himself when a voice interrupted him. “Yah! What time will she be here? I mean we’re here for like hours but I think she won’t come” Key grumpily said as he stomped his feet.
 
Woohyun shot him a glare and a stern voice, “NO! She’ll come. It’s still daytime and I know, she’ll come”
“She’ll come” He repeated.
 
Key and Nicole glanced at each other. They wouldn’t expect Woohyun to be like that. They watched Woohyun walked out of the seen like something is bothering him.
 
“What did the two of you talked about?” Key asked.
 
“Some old stuff. He was not like that when we’re talking. Maybe it was you” Nicole scrunched her nose and pointed at Key.
 
“Me?” 
 
Nicole nodded repeatedly. Then they both turned their heads on the pre-occupied guy. They wanted to go beside him and ask him what is his problem but now is not the time to do so. The guy needs some alone time so they gave him what they want.
 
 
 
 
You are now looking at well-lighted room, full of hearts on the wall, balloons on the floor jumping efficaciously on the floor and some candles were lit on your side making a brick of road up which leads you to the streamers plastered on the wall and one of it says, ‘Can you be my girlfriend?’. 
 
Your heart literally dropped as you saw him smile and brought out a huge bouquet of roses. He anticipated for you from the aisle up to the center. To some people, It would be kinda romantic and idealistic because everything was perfect. But this is wrong.
 
And as wrong as it might take, You need to stop this now. No matter how heart-breaking the scene is. He needs to know that he can’t love his sister. That the love he feels is not for lovers but for family purposes.
 
A tear came out of your eye unknowingly as you reached to where he is now, “Myungsoo-ah”.
 
He smiled in anticipation, “Yes?”.
 
“This is wrong” You mumbled softly. 
 
“What? What is wrong? Tell me?” He said as he scanned the whole scene. As far as he could remember, everything was perfectly placed into their own places.
 
Then he saw it, One heart fell out of its place. “Ahh! Wait!” He said nonchalantly as he reached out to that place and tapped the heart and it was placed as absolute as before.
 
“Done. Now, Let us return to our business” He scratched the back of his head shyly, then turned to you.
 
“N-No. It’s not that. Myungsoo! I think all of this is wrong. Everything.. Everything is wrong” You muttered in a husky voice.
 
Myungsoo blinked innocently, “Wait-What- Why? I can’t understand you”.
 
“This is wrong, Myungsoo. You can’t love me” You lowered your head unable to hold your tears anymore.
 
Myungsoo obliviously dropped the bouquet and glared at you, “Why? Ahhh! I know. Because you like Woohyun Hyung. Am I right? Is that why I can’t love you?”
 
“WELL GUESS WHAT YOUNG WONHEE, I’M SO DAMN IN LOVE WITH YOU. AND YOU KNOW WHAT HURTS? IT IS TO SEE THE GIRL YOU LOVE FALL FOR THE GUY WHOM YOU CONSIDER AS YOUR BROTHER” He shouted.
 
You just looked at the ground, not wanting to argue with him anymore. You need to take his words because you know that he is in a lot of pain right now.
 
“DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LIKE A PERSON AND THINK EACH AND EVERY SINGLE DAY, HOW TO MAKE HER HAPPY? HOW TO MAKE HER AT EASE? HOW TO MAKE HER FALL FOR YOU? HOW TO BE THAT CERTAIN PERSON THAT SHE CAN LEAN ON?” He choked. Then he turned his back on you, wiping his tears secretly.
 
You were starting to feel the one to blame on here. You never knew it was wrong to lean on him because the very first time you saw him, there was a hint of security you can find in him. You were wrong to confide with him with all your problems. This is your faults. You shouldn’t have gotten too close to him when you had the chance.
 
But what can you do? Fate is seriously playing with all of you and as much as you wanted to thank fate for revealing everything now, you kinda hate the fact that Myungsoo is like this because of you.
 
You were seated in an Indian seat way while wiping your tears with the edge of your palm. You can’t hold it anymore and you cried your heart out. *This is all my fault*
 
Myungsoo bit his lip and looked at your position. He can’t take it. He can’t see you crying because of him. He just said everything he wants to say but why does he feel guilty right now.
 
When he couldn’t take it anymore, He sat down and held your hands away from your face. He wiped your tears and mumbled, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t get angry at you. I-I can’t force you to see me the way I see you”.
 
You looked at him and instead of halting yourself from crying, You ended up wailing and hugging him so tight. He didn’t know what to do so he hugged you back and rubbed his hands on it to console you.
 
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry” 
 
Myungsoo didn’t know what to do. Have he been a little harsh on you? Were you offended by what did he said to you? He mentally slapped himself for ever hurting you.
 
“No. Please stop apologizing” Myungsoo said as he broke the hug but you never split the contact, instead you held unto him harder, making him uncomfortable.
 
“No. I’m sorry”
 
Myungsoo shifted his position to your ear and said, “I’m okay now. No need for you to feel the burden”.
 
You bit your lip, still fixed on his shoulders. “No, I’m sorry for being your sister”.