Chapter 60

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

You looked at yourself at the mirror as you looked at what Dahae's doing with your hair. You scoffed at her because she's been smiling like crazy for hours and when she smiles like that, she's up for some mischief and you wanted to know what it is.

You've been staying at a beautiful villa at Jeju for weeks and you still don't know who is the owner of that house or why are you even at Jeju when you should've been at Seoul doing nothing. Yet, You also hate it when you do nothing because it seems more tiring. You can't even do the things you wanna do and now you're here for no reason.

Dahae is wearing a greek-style sheer white off-shoulder hilo dress that showcases her perfect figure and milky white, model-like long legs. She has her hair curled at the end and then it is tussled to her right which makes it go perfectly with the frame of her face as well as her neck and collarbones.

"Where are we going, Dahae? Why am I even dress like this?" You frowned as you touch your dress.

"Don't move!" She gasped as she tugged your wig. She slapped your hands and glared at you, "Don't touch your hair, okay?!".

You blew raspberry as you look at your reflection once again, "Why am I even wearing a freakin wig, Dahae?!".

"It doesnt even look fake, Unnie. You are starting to look like the Wonhee back when you have.. uhm.. errr thicker hair"

You gave her a look and continued to look at the mirror, "Why are you even doing this? Why are we dressed up so formally? Is there an event here that I don't know or something?"

"What's wrong with dressing up like this?" She murmured as she held up your hairpin between her lips.

"Is it wrong to see you like this? I-I just want to show you the old Wonhee. I just want to show you how beautiful you are, Unnie" She spoke in a desperate tone.

"For what?"

"Do you even need a reason for being like this?"

"I don't get you! I mean its okay to look beautiful but I just don't get it why are we even dressed like this!" You scowled.

"We're going somewhere" She said bluntly.

"Somewhere? What do you mean somewhere?" You pressed on. You wont leave her alone until you get the answers to her questions.

"Just shut up okay!" She snapped, annoyed. You smiled. You know someone is behind all of this though you don't know the reason why he needs to see you like this. "Is Woohyun gonna be there too?"

Dahae stopped what shes doing and glared at you, "Can't you just wait? Why is he even involved in here? I kinda wish he's here so I can see Hoya, as well". She pouted like a lovesick puppy as she portioned your hair.

"Just makin' sure~" You sang as you tried to eye her expressions. She seems to be avoiding having an eye contact with you. She even hum some song as she tries ro distract herself away from your gaze.

 

 

 

 

"A little bit more.. Ok.. Another step" You heard as you held her hands tightly. You were walking in the beach with Dahae yet she had you blindfolded and you didn't know why. You assumed it was the beach because of the sound of the waves, the smell of the sea and of course the soft ground you are stepping in which makes your foot sink because of the heels you are wearing.

You can feel the heels of your pumps being swallowed by the soft, unconcrete sand making it harder for you to walk and hold on to her more. "Dahae, I swear if I fell down here any minute now, I'm gonna push you to the deepest part of the sea and I won't even regret it even if you drown nor when the son of the shark eats you. I mean, What the hell?! Why am I even on blindfold? What are you up to, huh?!" You shouted as you clung unto her more since you couldn't walk steadily plus you cant even see where you're heading making you extra nervous of what she's up to.

It's not like you're scared that she'll push you to the water or leave you on some place you don't know. It's just that these kinds of things makes you nervous and you are 101% sure that Woohyun's a part of this. Yet, You don't know what is he going to do now. He is a man of surprises and who knows what he'll do next.

"Just shut up and follow me" She hissed as she continued to walk you to who knows where.

You patiently tried to keep up with her paces even though she's kinda fast walking or the ground keeps on burying you slowly. After some minutes of endless walking, She suddenly halt her steps and you heard her gasp.

You became curious why she did that. You tried to comfort yourself by chanting, "She was just in awe because of the breath-taking view". Yet the curiousity is still there so you tried to slap her wrist and said, "What is it, Dahae? Are we here now? Can I take off my blindfold now?".

She didn't respond, instead you just heard her murmured, "Oh My God!".

Your body stiffened, What is happening?

Your hands are itching to remove the blindfold but you didn't, instead you just waited for her to say something.

She mumbled breathlessly, "Whoa unnie. This is just.."

You grew curious and asked her, "What are you talking about?". You nonchalantly removed the blindfold and a certain scenery welcomed you making you hitch your breath and freeze at where you're standing.

 

 

You are now standing at the end of a red carpet. The wind is blewing your hair away from your face, swirling at you, making your body tensed and your knees weak. You hugged your self because this is not what your expecting... Woohyun is at the end of the aisle, smiling ears to ears, expectantly.

You gulped your saliva and looked at Dahae. You noticed that your mom is behind her, smiling at you as well and she's also dressed formally. It's been years since you last saw her wear something elegant after everything that you've been through. She looks pretty gorgeous despite the eyebags on her eyes because of the stress you cause her. She is having tears in her eyes yet she is giving you a heart-warming smile.

You looked at the number of people sitting beside the aisle. They were looking at you with excitement in their eyes. You recognize some of them, they were not that many but the warmth in their eyes sends chills to your soul. It's like you are the star of the event and they've been expecting you not too long ago.

 

...they were expecting you indeed

 

You opened your mouth to speak, "What-What is this?".

"I can't believe this, my baby is all grown up... You are definitely lucky, my baby. I feel like crying" She suddenly choked to tears.

"Come here" Then she hugged you tightly but is enough to make you feel warm. She rubbed your back still sobbing to tears. Meanwhile, You are still spacing out unable to absorb the things happening.

You felt a tap on your back and you realized it was Dahae holding a wedding bouquet coated with red and white roses, circularly fastened. She grabbed your hands, making it clasp in the handle of the bouquet. She smiled at you sheepishly before you heard a familiar song suddenly played as a background.

The crowd stood up to take a good look at you. You felt Dahae's hand on your left arm and your mom's on your right. They started walking which made you follow their steps.

Is this what I think it is? Am I really getting married?

Your heartbeats feel so fast that you wanted to run away to calm it. But no, your feet suddenly had a mind of its own which made you just walk your way to the front. It was the longest walk of your life because it only has its short distance but you felt like everything in your life flashed before you.

Everything ... meaning it includes all you've been through and the sudden change of your life. And then there's Woohyun. The time that you've spent with each other is just too short but his presence and the feelings made it very long that you felt like you knew him forever.

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun's sweat is starting to trickle on his temple. He is excited yet he is nervous as well because you were not informed that you two, are getting married today. All you knew was just he was outside the country having a world tour, which was half lie and half true because even though he is busy doing the concert there, he managed the wedding itself making it extra special just for you.

What if you suddenly say 'No' when you're supposed to say 'I do'? What if you suddenly back out, run and leave him standing at the altar, humiliated?

It was not the humiliation he's worried about, but the fact that you will decline him and the marriage he promised to you when you accepted the ring.

He can't bear to see you walk away from him like that just because he suddenly managed a wedding which you were unaware of. He didnt also want to force you on marrying him because that would be against your feelings

"She's so beautiful" He mumbled in awe. He looked at you directly and he gaped at how your dress fits your body perfectly and how your hair complements with your elegant physique which was so obvious despite the sickness you are experiencing.

"She's beautiful indeed Hyung. And if you ever hurt that pretty lady on that aisle, I'll surely knock your head out of your body, that I promise you" Myungsoo mumbled from behind while adjusting his coat, beside Woohyun.

Woohyun smiled and look at him, "I'll bet on my heart and intestines too. Throw them all away, I'm not afraid of it though".

Myungsoo snickered, "Challenge accepted".

"But I'm scared"

"Why?" Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"What if she says she's not ready to get our wedding done, this early. What if she changes her mind. I-I just cant bear to see her walk away from me"

"What if not? Just trust her. She loves you so much, I doubt that that would be one of her options right now" Myungsoo tapped Woohyun's shoulder, reassuring him that everything will be alright.

"And if you'll mind, our lady is now here waiting for you to her on the altar. Please take good care of her, will you or I'll really slip off your head out of your body" Myungsoo retorted as he shifted his attention at you, smiling.

Woohyun spun around to see you standing infront of him with an indescribable expression on your face. "Nam Woohyun, I swear to god-"

"I'm sorry" He cut you. "It's just- You can run away now if you want" He said, defeated.

You wrinkled your nose, "What are you saying?"

"I just want to say, I'm sorry for putting you up with this, I-" You tangled your arm with his and smiled at him, reassuringly.

"I won't go away, Woohyun. If one day I'll run away with someone, I want it to be with you".

Woohyun chuckled, "So will you let me take the honor to take you?"

"Of course, your majesty" You winked and giggled sheepishly. You looped your arm unto his and whispered to his ears, "You know I can never forgive you about this, don't you?"

Woohyun let out a sly smirk and joined in, "So what're you gonna do to punish me for this?"

"Nothing. That's the thing. I won't do anything to you. That's your punishment" You gave him a sly smirk not minding what would his expression might be.

 

 

 

 

 

"I, Nam Woohyun, will take you as I am. To treat you right in all aspects. To be by your side whenever you need me. To love you. To cherish you more important than my own life. To love you unconditionally with no regrets. To wipe your tears whenever you cry. To be the shadow that protects you day by day. I, Nam Woohyun, will love you forever and a day, in a way that I can provide you and in a way that I am. I will love you wholeheartedly, from then on until my heartbeat stops" Woohyun looked at you sincerely as he recited his vow, giving you every inch of his sincerity and love that makes your heart flutter.

"Young Wonhee, Please take this ring as a sign of my love because starting now, I will be the who will love and take care of you until the day that I die" He slipped the ring on your ring finger then kissed it.

You just love how he can surprise you with things. You know to yourself that he is enough as a gift to you from God and you were the luckiest person to have him as your own.

But then the beating of your heart keeps getting fast because it will be your turn to say your vow to him and you haven't prepared anything for him because this wedding is just too sudden and you don't want to disappoint him if you said something wrong infront of him and all the people who are witnessing this event of yours.

"It is your turn now, Miss Wonhee" The priest said as he turned to you.

You gaped at him and then turned your attention from Woohyun then to the persons around you. They are looking at you expectantly, waiting for your response to Woohyun's vow.

"I-" You stopped and then looked at Woohyun. "I don't know what to say".

You bit your lip, "To be very honest, I don't know what to say. I mean, The very first time I met you, I never thought we would end up like this. It's just that for a moment I hate you for the guts you have when you told me you like my sister and then suddenly.. suddenly I can't stop thinking about you. I thought its just a normal thing for friends but then my feelings for you became different".

"And a lot of things suddenly came. Then everything got complicated and then you started telling me that you love me and then that made things more hard for me because you can never love a sick person, I don't want you to be a masochist, Woohyun" You gasped for air because you felt something watery on your eyes and you don't know why.

"And here I am standing infront of you in the altar with the guy that I truly love but I feel like I don't deserve this because he's too perfect to be with a person like me. But then again he sacrificed enough for the both of us and I couldn't even promise him anything because I'm afraid that I won't be able to fulfill that promise to him" You felt your knees got wobbly but you managed to stand still.

You were crying now while holding his hand preparing to shoot the ring on his finger.

"What are you saying?" He mumbled, weakly. The looks and expression on his eyes just can't fathom how sad he looks when you said those words.

"I-I'm sorry"

 

 

And with that the crowd gasped and a series of whispers can be heard all throughout. Woohyun stared unto space like a spear struck through him. He can't breathe and most especially, he can't look at you directly. What you said, just hurt him a lot and he didn't know how to react.

You looked around you and realized that they've misunderstood your reply. So you immediately slip the ring on Woohyun's finger and added, "I'm sorry that I couldn't promise anything right now because like I said, it's hard to fulfill a certain promise on the kind of condition I have right now but please take this ring as a sign of my love and respect for you". Woohyun gulped and looked at you then on the diamond ring sparkling and glowing on his finger, speechless.

"..but I just want to say that I will be by your side. To guide you. To make you smile. To make you feel the warmth despite the coldness of marriage life. I am not promising you a perfect relationship yet I want to give us the most perfect days despite the imperfection of life that God himself gave us. I can only promise you love".

"And I want you to take it as I give you right now, my entire life.. I will love you forever, Nam Woohyun" And with that, you gave him a smile and wiped the tear that formed from his eyes, tryin to ease away the pain off of him.

The priest smiled secretly and decided to go on with what is happening. He looked at Woohyun and asked, "Well Nam Woohyun, Do you take Young Wonhee with all you heart, as your lawfully wedded wife?"

He gave you with heart-warming smile, "I do".

Then the priest turned his attention to you, "How about you Young Wonhee, Do you take Nam Woohyun, with your heart, as your husband?".

You gave him a smile and said, "Of course! I mean, I do". Then you looked at Woohyun sincerely and pressed his hands lightly.

"Well then, I now pronounced you, husband and wife" And then as if on cue you could hear the loud cheers of the people. There were non-coherent noises and yet you were too focused on Woohyun, to mind them.

Woohyun gave you a grin before he removed your veil off of your face and said, "May I?"

"Of course Mister Nam" You giggled. And with that he removed your veil and kissed you softly but the power and longing was there. It was not that long but it was a sweet kiss that keeps you from  wanting  more.

He kissed your forehead and said, 'I love you, Wonhee' before letting you in for a tight hug not wanting you to go away anywhere without him.

You lean back and gave him a lingering stare, "I love you too, Woohyun. I love you so much". You pressed your forehead on his and encircled your arms on his neck, not letting him go.

 


 

[ a/n : There goes my present for you guys. Merry Christmas! I hope you like it ]