Chapter 37

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

You sighed heavily under your breath as you let the soju sting your throat. You slammed the tiny glass on the crowded table. You eyed your surroundings and the first thing that caught your attention is Woohyun and his shabby expression. Your heart drooped low as you saw him give the guests the smile, he is well known for – but this one is different. It is a smile used to cover the emptiness that a person feels inside.
 
You saw Sunggyu tapped Woohyun’s back but Woohyun keeps smiling at him as if there is nothing bothering him. Then your gaze shifted on the tall figure beside Woohyun. The guy has different features as Woohyun but in some ways you can feel that there is a similar resemblance between them that you couldn’t figure out. You guess it is Woohyun’s older brother, Boohyun.
 
“Aigoo! Woohyun still fakes to be all cheery and jolly even though he’ve been through enough” Dongwoo shook his head in disbelief as he pour a soju in his glass . “Do you still want another glass?” He turned to you.
You shook your head and gave him a smile, “No. I’m okay”. *I bet it was really hard for him. I remembered what it felt since I, myself had experienced losing someone important to me. Not just one but two persons. Though I’m still hoping I can find my brother*
 
“Me! I want another glass. I don’t know this feels so good” Dahae tapped his glass on the table, loudly.
You frowned, “Yah Dahae! Stop drinking soju. You’re still new to this kind of drink and you're intoxicated, already”.
“Psssh! New? I’m drinking alcoholic drinks way back in U.S. Besides, The alcoholic beverages there were much more stronger than this. Ohh please! I'm not that tipsy" She smiled at you like a idiot and giggled inwardly.
 
"Yeah! That explains the 6 bottles of soju and 5 bottles of beer  you've finished alone and the dopey look on your face" You retorted. 
 
 
 
You stood up and balance yourself to your weight and held her hand to help her get up, "Yah! Get up. Were going back to Woohyun's house now. You need to rest". You are trying to pull her up but she keeps on yanking your hand away, "But I don't want to. I'm still not finish yet, right guys?".
 
She gave the members a fuddled look, "Right?"
 
You scanned their facial expressions and they are all giving you a sign to let her sleep. Well, Dahae wasn't also a part of the trip but she begged she wanted to go, just this once. She told you she's starting to be jealous about how you get to spend time with her favorite boys when she's just slacking around at home, doing her homework. Also, Dahae may party at all times way back but she can't tolerate alcohol that much so you were abit worried she might do something unsuitable for this occasion. Let's say she has some habits of talking way too tactful and she's incontrollable when there's inappropriate to say.
 
"Uhm.. Guys.. I think I should go first. Dahae is getting tipsy and I'm afraid she might do some inappropriate things since it's been so long since she's been drunk" You said as you struggle to get her up.
 
"No!! But I don't want to" She yelled at you then pouted. "I don't want to" She mumbled once again.
 
"But Dahae! You need to get up. We're going home now"
 
"No! I told you I don't want to" She shouted, Now much more louder earning you some strange looks from guests.
 
You gave them a meek smile and then frowned at Dahae, now losing your patience, "Yaaaah! We're going now and that's final". Dahae just glared and then looked away.
 
 
 
 
"I think I'll take her. Woohyun's house is just around the corner and I think you can't help her walk since you two, seems to have the same weight. I can carry her  there safely if you would let me" Hoya insisted as he held your wrist.
 
You looked at Hoya and then at Dahae who is still pouting and spacing out on the floor. You sighed, A part of you halts you from leaving and yet you also want to sent Dahae home, since she needs to take a rest now. You eyed Hoya, He seems someone you can trust and he looks like a person who will not take advantage of Dahae.
 
"I will come back as soon as I lay her down on the bed and make sure she sleeps peacefully. Don't worry. I won't do anything to her" Hoya chuckles which made you smile sheepishly. "It's not that. It's just..." You shot Dahae a gaze and then it went to Hoya.
 
"Ok. You can take her home. Just make sure she is comfortable and serene on her sleep" You smiled and then side stepped to let Hoya carry her. 
 
He gently looped his hands on her wrist and stared at her intently, "I think you need to rest right now". Dahae shook her head and scrunched her nose, "But I don't want to"
 
"Please. You look so tired now. You have to rest since you need to have energy tomorrow" He said as he squatted and turned his back infront of her. He cocked his head to signal Dahae, to get on his back. Dahae stared at it and after a few minutes, She hesitantly encircled her arms on Hoya's neck. 
 
You blinked as you watched their back figures gradually fading until you've seen nothing not even a silhouette of them. *I admire Hoya and his sincerity with my sister. I could have approve on Woohyun and Dahae if Woohyun is a lot more genuine to my sister. Though I don't know there is a part of me that doesn't like the fact that they would end up together and that sounds kinda... weird*
 
 
 
You were immersed in your own thoughts and Myungsoo noticed it. "You seem to be in deep thought that you didn't realized your phone is ringing" Myungsoo gave you a smile.
 
You sheepishly smiled back, "Oh.. I'm sorry".
 
You snatched your phone and looked at the caller ID. You scowled when you realize that it is an unregistered number. A part of you wants to reject it but a bigger half of you forces you to answer it out of curiousity. You swiped the green button and answered hastily, "Hello?"
 
"Hey Wonhee! It's me, Haeri. I'm sorry for calling you from another number. I just met one of my cousins and she said she part-times as an investigator. It's just that, I think this'll be a great help in finding your long lost brother" She said excitedly.
 
"Bro..ther?" You repeated the last word trying to sink in what she've said. *My brother?*
 
Your eyes grewed bigger and gasped loudly, "Oh my God! You mean Chandoo?!".
 
"Yeah! She told me she can help us in no time. Actually, She's here with me right now and she's busy talking to one of her contacts who has some records of accidents 10 years ago. Okay, wait! I'll call you later. I think she's calling me at the end of the hall" And then the other line died giving you the feeling of enthusiasm and excitement.
 
Myungsoo stared at you quizzically, "What happened?". You bit your lip to hide your excitement but you ended up squeezing his arms out of excitement, "Haeri".
 
"Haeri-noona? Isn't she with us? Anyway what happened to Haeri-noona?" Myungsoo blinked innocently.
 
"Haeri is not here. I thought she'll come with us but she said her family is going on a trip to who knows where and she couldn't come here. But she told me to send Woohyun some condolences. Why? What happened?" Dongwoo butted in.
 
Myungsoo nodded upon hearing his words, "So what's with noona, by the way?"
 
You chirped happily and suddenly hugged him, "Myungsoo! She said she can help me find Chandoo! I guess this is it". 
 
Myungsoo was taken back by your action and not only him but the others. They knew how Myungsoo likes you and cares for you and knowing him, they know he would jump with joy inside just getting a hug from you considering you're his first love. It was only you who's so oblivious with his feelings since you only see him as a friend.
 
His hands are supporting him from his indian seat and your weigh crashing on him but his right hand found it's way to your back and gently rubbed it. He couldn't deny the smile on his face and that made Sungyeol and Sungjong snickered on their seats, knowing that Myungsoo's enjoying the moment.
 
"Ohhh.. Wohooohoo! Looks like someones happy today" Sungyeol mumbled teasingly earning laughters from Sungjong and Dongwoo. Myungsoo shot him a stern look which made him backed off his seat. 
 
You snuggled closely as the your embrace to him tightened warmly, "I'm so happy now that I'm going to find him". After some minutes, You gently broke the hug and felt that there are awkward stares at the two of you which made you uncomfortable at the moment. You eyed Myungsoo and he smiled sheepishly turning his head away hiding his pinkish cheeks.
 
Just then, Your phone rang and looked at your phone, It's the number that Haeri used to call you. You grabbed your phone and stood up, "I guess I'll just take this call. Please excuse me" You grinned cheerfully.
 
And with that, You walk away from the table having your back facing at Myungsoo by which he gazes until your back was nowhere to be seen. He suddenly smiled inwardly knowing that you are so comfortable with him that you hugged him eventhough there will be some consequences considering there are so many well-known persons around the place.
 
"Ohhhh! Hyung's deeply in love" Sungjong sang as he and Sungyeol toasted their drinks.
 
"Yeah! So deep that he needs to be careful not to be drown in his own deep snares" Dongwoo murmured as he made eye contact with Sunggyu, who shooks his head with empathy and sympathy.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Heeeey! I just want to ask if you want a Dahae-Hoya chapter or just go with the Wonhee flow of the story since I've got plans for the both and I'm just consulting you guys if you want another Dahae and Hoya moment ^^