Chapter 38

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 

Dahae was resting his head on Hoya's shoulder as Hoya tries to pave his way to Woohyun's house. He looked at Dahae and he smiled when he saw her peaceful and angelic face looking safe and guarded on his shoulders. 

He is still not confessing to Dahae but everyone knows about his wonderful admiration to the girl but the fact that Dahae still liking Myungsoo keeps him from doing so because he is afraid of rejection especially from her.

Hoya inserted the key to the lock and opened the gate when he heard Dahae's mumblings.

"Hoya-ssi..."

Hoya became numb from his position. Did she saw him admiring her sleeping figure and he forgot that you were still in his back because he was immersed looking at you, "Yeah?"

"Do you really like me?" Dahae said with her eyes close. Hoya stiffened a bit as he step foot on the stairs, "Why?".

"Why are you asking 'why' when you can say yes or no?" Dahae pouted, unaware of her surroundings. "I thought you were sincere".

Hoya wobble as he carry Dahae upstairs. She seems to have a point, Why do he need to make things more complicated when he only needs to answer one simple question.

"I am. It's just that-" 

Dahae butted in, "Just what? If you like someone wouldn't you just skip on your conclusions and proceed to the actual thing. You know, You're a good guy but the thing about you is... You are too silent for your own good".

Hoya heaved a sigh. He lays Dahae gently on the bed, being careful not to let her bump into anything hard. He fixed her fringe and caught a good profile of Dahae's face.

"I'm not silent. I'm just afraid. I like you. I really do and you should know that you only has made me feel this way" He confessed as caressed her cheeks.

"I like you, Dahae. I really really do" He finally said as he kissed her forehead and covered her with a blanket. 

 

 

 

"So how was it? Did you find anything about him?" You inquired

"Mmmhhm.. Hmmm.. Mmmhmm"

All you can hear is Haeri's incoherent hums and mumblings. So you are practically walking towards nowhere while talking to Haeri. You blinked as a series  people passed by you doing their own things and engulfed with their own introspective. You tilt your head eyeing your surroundings as you waited for Haeri's reply.

"So.."

"She said, That Chandoo can be alive and is somewhere near Gyeonggido since there is a possibility that his body move to an island near that" She muttered.

"Gyeonggido?"

"Yeah! Oh wait! Aren't you near Southern Chungcheong or something? Gyeonggido is just near over there and there is a possibility that he is one of the person you will see in that area. There is this possibility that you can find him soon. But please don't get your hopes up as well, Their are many kids who died due to car accidents 10 years ago. And I don't want you to expect too much" She mumbled the last words which made you softened a bit.

You know that you couldn't find him and you convinced yourself years ago that he will not back but when a certain feeling had struck you that there is a possibility that he can be alive, You can't deny that you were too delighted with the said idea. You still love him and he will always be a part of you and you'll never waste this chance to find him.

"I know. I've prepared myself a long time ago but meeting him once again is not a bad idea right" You gave a meek smile that conceals the great hope that is building inside your heart.

"I know that and I'm fine right now" You mumbled once again. 

 

You drooped your head low and took a breath. Haeri bid goodbye to you which leaves you alone to that crowded place. You tilted your head and realized you didn't know where are you. You're still inside the hall but it is nowhere near the place that you remebered you were in. Unfamiliar people encircled you as the time goes by. You don't know but you suddenly felt kinda dizzy and your head kinda feels a lot heavier. This was never an unfamiliar sensation to you but since you are afraid in this kind of feeling you tried to regain your composture and look around if you know someone or someone can help you go to where you were a while ago.

You are trying to walk in an aligned path but you couldn't bring yourself to stand up straightly and your visions are suddenly in a blur. You dont know why but as you continue to stand up your head pounds and you feel that you'll collapse anytime now. And you know it is not the result of soju because the bang on your head is seemingly more familiar to you.

"No.. No.. I'm just tired" You mumbled as touched your temple. "This.. Is not it. Young Wonhee, you are just tired. You heard me? The only thing you need is sleep" You chanted.

You tried to walk but your feet betrays. You suddenly felt your self falling to the floor but before your crashes to the cold marble floor, you felt arms securely assists you. 

"Hey Wonhee, Are you alright?" The familiar voice told you. You tried to look at the owner of the voice but there are streaks of blur blocking your sight and then you hissed, unable to take the pain stinging your head and ringing your head. And with that everything turned to black.

 

 

You suddenly opened your eyes and blinked for a few times. You felt your back aching and realized you were lying down on something hard that even though there's an underlayer that prevents you from having colds and feeling the hard concrete, it still feels uncomfortable. You sat down and eyed your surroundings and something feels foreign. You were on a pick up truck and it is at the middle of nowhere wherein no establishments and no persons are lurking around you.

"Where is this place?" You mumbled as you rub your head, you kinda feel dizzy but the pain in your head was lessen since you fell asleep. You looked at your watch and it's nearly 3 am already. 

After some minutes, You found yourself looking at a very familiar figure walking at the other side of the highway. You don't know why but ever since you woke up, you didn't feel the doubt that someone might have kidnapped you. It's like you feel safe and the person walking towards you make it seem that you are more guarded than what you felt.

"It's good thing you're awake" He said. He jumped on the truck and scooted beside you. "I don't know if I should go to the hospital or something. All you were mumbling is that you hate hospitals and you don't want to be there anymore and you said you're okay even though you were very hot and pale". He scrunched his nose as he offered a carton of milk to you.

"Nam Woohyun? So it's you?" You said.

"What exactly happened?" You asked as you take his offer. "Thanks by the way, This is what I need right now" Then you open it and gulped the milk down to your throat.

"You don't remember what happened?" He furrowed his eyes on you, trying to conceal his worried expression.

"It's not that. I mean how'd I end up here? The only thing I remember is I suddenly felt pain on my head and it feels like my brain will burst any second. I can't see clearly and my surroundings are moving, I can't bring myself to move again. I still tried to walk but I think I collapsed but someone held me, I can't remeber who it was and then everything turned to black. It wa sone of the scariest moments of my life. It's just.. It's just bothering me" You explained as you stare in space.

You smiled gently and looked at him, "Good thing it was you who found me. Though I'm really sorry for making you accompany me. We should go now".

Woohyun just stared at you. You giving him your smiles even though he knows you're still not okay. He couldn't help but lean in and caress your cheeks, "Are you sure you're okay? We should go to the hospital if you want to".

You were taken back by his actions and gulped inwardly. "I-I'm okay. We should go. I'm fine now.and also, I think they're waiting for us, I think it is better to just go back now" You insisted.

"If you are talking about the boys, They're sleeping on my house right now" He calmly slurped the milk and sat down beside you.

Woohyun took a breath and looked away, "I can't go there anymore. Everytime people would give their condolences, I can't help but feel helpless since they make me feel that she's already gone and I couldn't accept that fact. I love her. I love her so much. And those people, Some of them are not even close to my family and it disgusts me how they cry when they would mock us during the times we need them. I just hate it...".

You blinked as you silently examined him. You didn't know what to do. You don't know if you should tell him everything's going to be okay because you know it won't be. Losing someone is not okay. It simply tells us that we are not permanent in this world and there'll be always a time that we're going to be alone and left behind while the world seems to be going around like nothing happened.

In the end, Your hands made it's way to his back and you rubbed it gently, "I'm sorry".

"I don't know but all my life I've felt incomplete. I'm living the dream that I want I always feel that there is a missing part of me. I feel like I've done a lot of bad things and I ing screwed up. And now, It hurts because my mom left me without me saying I love her and she's my hero but I'm so busy to take care of her. I was busy promising myself that I'll show those people who mocked us that we can be thrice as wealthy as them and then fame came into my head. And then me and my brother had the worst fights ever which also made my mom's health more fatal" He muttered under his breath unable to conceal his trembling voice.

"I really hate myself" He curled his fingers and balled his fist. He run his hands through his hair then face palmed his self. Later on, You can hear soft sobs coming from him and it made your heart broken into pieces because he never cries. Atleast he never cries infront of other people. You often see him as the goofy type of person and it breaks to see him like this.

You automatically pressed his arms and you felt his head crashing on your neck. You wrapped your arms around him and you rubbed his back as you tried to console him. You didn't shush him. You didn't say a word. You were just there, embracing him because you know it's the best thing he needs right now, someone who can make him feel that he's not the only one in the world who feels pain.

You let him like that for hours until he stopped crying. You let him be silent for hours until he finally has his old self again. 

He let out a soft laugh, "I'm so messed up. I shouldn't let you see me like this".

You chuckled and rolled your eyes, "Why not? It's not like you can't trust me or something?"

"You don't understand" He bit his lip and looked infront of him, avoiding your gaze.

"And why is that?" You implied.

He looked at you with a worried and concerned expression on his face, "Because....". He shook his head in defeat and then manage to stand up and turn his back on you, "Nevermind. Let's just go".

You scowled and shook your head in disbelief, Is he hiding some things from you again? You know you don't have the right to be angry for not knowing anything about him but you just can't stand him being like that to you.

You encircled your hands on his wrist and decided to stand up, "Why do I feel that your mom's death is not the only reason why are you like that to me? I don't even know you anymore. I tried to be here to listen to you but you always turn away.  Why do I feel like everything is about me?"

"Wonhee.." 

"Don't you Wonhee me. If this is only about your mom then why do you have to avoid me? Like we are not friends. You know me and I treasure each and every persons in my life, Nam Woohyun. You know it" You half shouted as you look away and bit your lip to hide your trembling voice.

"No... Please.. Just-"

"Is that all you can say? So now I see? You could have said 'it is not what you think it is' when I started to argue with but I realized with all the words you were attempting to say, I think some of it is about me. I have no right to assume but I think.. I think what I said is true. I don't get you. Sometimes you were cold and then you would make me feel so small and then you will send me gifts and make me feel a whole lot special. Why, Woohyun? WHY-"

You suddenly felt a pair of soft lips crashing through yours as he cupped your face gently. You were surprised by his actions and was even more surprise when your realized that how soft and gentle his lips are.

It was far from what you describe on the first time you met, considering he was your first kiss as well. But this, You suddenly felt everything fading away as you slowly close your eyes. You don't know why but you didn't  push him away. You remained stiff on your position considering the fact that he is kissing you. His sweet and plump lips made you feel that everything feels alright. It was soft. It was gentle. It was perfect

Wait.. But something seems wrong. You don't know if you really like him and you don't know if this is the right thing to do and then you mentally slap your self to wake up from your sudden trace, 'Wait. This is not right'.

After a few seconds, You push him hard to catch your breath. You turn your back on him and jumped to the ground. You can't face him. Not with your flushed cheeks. Not with the embarassment you felt when you decided not to pull away. Not with your throbbing heart that beats so loud and fast, It could be heard at the end of the street.

"W-We should go" You said as you secretly touched your lip with your heart dancing like you've never felt before.