Chapter 21

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

"Chandoo-ah! No!"
 
 
 You shouted as you run towards your brother, who seems to be so faraway from you. You are trying to reach him but he is walking so much faster that even though you run, you were not able to extent yourself to hold and hug him.
 
"CHANDOO!" You barked but he just kept his back facing you like he can't hear you.
 
He just continued walking without even looking at you. 
 
You panted for a moment to catch your breath, you looked at your surroundings and it seems so unknown to the real world. You straighten up to run once again but there is no sign of him not even a silhouette.
 
"I know it's him. I knew that's my brother" You utter heavily through your unyielding pants. "I know he's here somewhere. It is really him"
 
"Why did he leave me once again?" You felt your body subdued on the floor. You heart sunken on the ground. You have found him and yet you lost him again. You wanted to see him so badly but you were not given the chance and now, it is your opportunity to hug him once again and you lost it.
 
"Chandoo~" You sobbed as you face-palmed yourself on the floor. *Why did you left me again?*
 
 
 
 
"Chandoo~" You chanted in your sleep. Your phone rang amidst to your unconscious self. It was loud enough to wake you up and you notice a single tear from your eye due to your dream in your sleep.
 
You fell asleep after having the photoshoot. Being the tired, weary person you are, doing a lot of things, You decided to take a nap and realized it is 6 am in the morning already.
 
You looked to the other bed, where Sunggyu and Woohyun were supposed to sleep and they're gone now shooting the Japanese version of their music video 'She's Back'.
 
You immediately sat on the bed and checked your phone and it says 'One missed call'. You checked your caller I.D and it's from Dahae. You scrunched your nose, thinking why would she call you in this time of the morning.
 
You looked at the calendar at the back of the door and it says 'June 5'. The day after your brother and dad died on a car accident, back when you were young.
 
You took a breath and reached out to get the water bottle beside your bed, "That explains my dream. I wish it was not a dream at all. I wish I can talk to him even for just one more time". 
 
You wore your jacket and shuffled your way to the trailer, where Infinite is now dressed in their own outfits, wearing make-up and their undeniable, irresistable charms.
 
You peeked on the set and they've already started shooting their video. You asked Haeri if you can do any help to make their work easier but they said everything is settled and you can have a free time until the end of their shoot.
 
You immediately thanked her and paced steps to who-knows-where. You were organizing your thoughts while walking and you realized your feet brought you to one of the most amazing scenery you would ever witnesses, The sunrise at the beach.
 
 
 
 
 
 You ran towards the beach chair to relieve the beautiful moment embracing you. You are feeling a little down right now but the sunrise helped you a little bit with getting over it. *Now I know why people would do anything to the sunrise here. It is breath-taking*
 
Your phone rang again. It is a call from Dahae and you think you know why she's been calling you right now. She knows it is the day your dad and brother died and eversince she realized that, She's been treating you out on an Ice cream date just to make you feel better and then at the end of the day, You and Dahae would throw flowers at the river just to send Chandoo and your dad the message that you will never forget them no matter what happens.
 
You pressed the answer button, "Hello?".
 
"Hello Unnie? Are you okay? I'm sorry I'm not there to comfort you right now. You know how much I really want to be with you especially on this date. I wish I was there too" Dahae pouted. 
 
You smiled, "It was kind of urgent and Woohyun just dragged me here. Why aren't you calling me? It's been 3 days since I've heard your voice. Are you okay in there? How's our house right now? I hope you didn't wreck something".
 
"Yah! I didn't!" She whined from the other line. "Anyway, How's Jeju? Is it beautiful? Enticing? Marvelous? I hate you for not bringing me there. You know that's my dream place, right?"
 
"Yeah! I know! I told I was just dragged here by Woohyun. Anyway, I'll be coming home after 2 days or 3. I don't know. I hope you are just fine there" You set your foot on the sand and tried pacing steps through the seashore.
 
"I'm simply fine here. I have some company here and you will be surprised who it is. Well as for you, I hope you were just fine there. Don't forget our yearly ritual. Your brother may get upset. I'll be also doing that later at the Hangang River. I hope you are not drenched in your dreams again. I hate to see you cry because of him. Just remember, Never lose hope. You will find him in time" She said.
 
You softened and looked at the sea, "Yeah! I will do that definitely. What's with the surprise? Can't you just tell me right now?"
 
"No! I'll wait for you till you come here. Anyway, I'm going to hang up now. Buy me something to make me a little bit better, You know I still hate you for not bringing me there with you. You should smile now, Unnie. I know Chandoo will also be happy once he saw you smiling and living your life" Dahae grabbed her bag and rushed through the door.
 
"Bye" You finally said and you both hang up.
 
You sat by the beach, trying to appreciate the view infront of you. It's been 10 years since that big change happened in your life. 10 years since you've lost some people way important to you. 10 years passed, and you are still living with fear. Fear that what happened then,  will happen to you again.
 
You desperately wished you would have a time machine to get the things back in the way they were but you realized if that change didn't happened, You wouldn't meet Dahae, The person who gives you the unformidable strength right now. They say 'Blood is thicker than water' but it is just a matter of a saying for you because whatever happens, She's a big part of you.
 
You buried your head on your knees. *I still haven't moved on after so many years*
 
 
 
 
 
  Myungsoo has been taking shots the whole time, with his new camera. He is trying to treasure the view infront of him especially the jaded sea so he didn't waste this chance to take shots of it.
 
He paced steps back to the set while enjoying the natural breeze he couldn't experience on the busy streets of Seoul. *This feels relaxing. I wish Wonhee is here too, to experience it*
 
He is reviewing some pictures on his camera when he realized he accidentally took a picture of you. He once again look back at your picture wherein you are holding  flowers but you seem down and lifeless, being the unusual you. 
 
He tried to remember where he took that picture and realized you were at the seashore at that time. He ran trying to find the right place to find you. After some seconds, He saw you staring blankly at the water, still holding the flowers you pick at the garden near the seashore.
 
"Wonhee-ssi" He called out. He made his way towards you, wearing a very indescribable smile on his face. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Uhmm.. I'm just.." You stopped yourself from talking. "Uh... Aren't you going to shoot your part on the music video?" You tried to change the topic, trying to find a way to make him leave you alone.
 
"I've just finished recording my part. I don't have many parts on the video, anyway" Myungsoo answered as he place the strap of his camera on his neck.
 
"Ohh.." You looked down and held the flowers tightly. As far as you are concern, You want to do your ritual alone because you are afraid to show your emotions to other persons except Dahae.
 
Myungsoo looked at the flowers and said, "Are these for the shoot? You know, I can come with you. I can carry this too..". He insisted and snatched the flowers on your hand.
 
"NO! YOU CAN'T!" You stammered. Myungsoo was taken a back so he quickly let go of your hand. He looked down on the ground, feeling embarassed of the way he acted.
 
"S-Sorry" He bit his lip. "I don't know you'll get angry. I was just trying to help"
 
"No! I should be the one who should apologize. It's just that it isn't my day today. I shouldn't have shouted in your face. These are just for someone" You looked down after you finished saying the last sentence.
 
"Then should I go now. I think you should have an alone time to organize your thoughts" He spun his heel, still disappointed.
 
"No!" You blurted. *God! Why did I said that?*
 
Myungsoo cocked his head to look at you, "Why?". 
 
"You.. You could be a good company for a moment. Would you mind helping me throw these flowers at the water?" You offered.
 
Myungsoo looked at you for a moment. His insides felt giddy considering that you want him to be by your side at the moment. "Okay"
 
 
 
You gave him half of the flowers you picked and a half-hearted smile, "Just throw this one by one on the water, okay?".
 
He nodded and examined the clusters on his hand, "What are these for anyway?".
 
Your heart dropped and you felt cold, for a moment. "They're for my brother and dad. They died years ago and this is way of telling them that I love them and I miss them very much", You whispered.
 
Myungsoo lowered his gaze. He couldn't comfort you because he didn't know how to. He have never been with a woman besides his mom. He didn't knew how to console someone who was been really hurt deeply inside.
 
"I-I'm sorry" He scratched the back of his head. He seem awkward, not trying to do anything to make you feel better when he really wanted to.
 
You chuckled half-heartedly, "What are you sorry for? It's been years since that happened. I'm sorry if you were dragged to this. It's just I need someone to give me company right now. And then there you are".
 
Myungsoo forced a smile, "Well, if you need a friend then I'll be here. I can be your bestfriend if you wanted to".
 
You punched him lightly in the arm making the two of you exchange chuckles and soft laughters. The two of you solemnly threw the flowers on the clear water. 
 
 
 
 
 
 You closed your eyes and silently prayed while Myungsoo is just pretending that he is closing his eyes, but the truth is he is peeking at you, gazing at your innocent, serene face at the moment.
 
"Anyway, Would you mind telling me what happened?" Myungsoo's stare fixed on you. He knew he's been waiting since forever to have a heart to heart talk with you.
 
You looked up to the sky before opening your mouth, trying to get rid of the bitterish lump on your throat which may cause you to reveal your true feelings and cry.
 
"I was badly sick then. To the point that my life is in danger and any minute, I might die. I don't want to be retented on the hospital since it not being on school and the hospital makes me feel more sick than ever. I was waiting for my mom to fetch me on school but I got too bored waiting for her so I decided to go home. While walking, I felt my surroundings spinning round and it was all blurry.  The next thing I knew, I was at the hospital bed and I already had a surgery. I woke up after a week and then my mom told me that my brother.. and dad died" You stopped talking when you felt a tear shed on your face. You wiped it and smiled bitterly.
 
Myungsoo felt his heart tightened seeing you so down. As much as he wants you to open up on him. He didn't want to see breaking because he forced you to tell him about your past.
 
"You know.. You can stop if you want now" He muttered. *I really don't want to see you like this*
 
You pouted and looked at him, "No. I started telling this story so I might as well finish it, Right?".
 
Myungsoo couldn't help but smile at you. The more you made him feel you're strong. The more you show him your true weakness and that is  the person you love the most.
 
"She told me that while rushing their way to the hospital, It was raining that day and the car slipped near the side of the road. It lost its break and the car flew to the sea. My brother's body was not found but my dad's body was found after 3 weeks, the incident happened. I was hoping I can see him but it's been 10 years and I still haven't have any news from him. But I know I shouldn't believe on what others say that there is a 99% chance that he is dead. I still have this 1%  and I know I will find him" She fiddled with the sand.
 
"Yeah! You should never give up on the fact that he may be still alive. His body was not found yet, right? Which means there is this chance that he is still alive" Myungsoo gave you a reassuring tapped at the back which made you felt comfortable for a moment.
 
You place your hands across his neck and moved closer to him, "You know,  I've always wonder why are you so distant to me when you can be this close to me. You are really so confusing. I knew you would be a good friend and a good listener. You surprised me Kim Myungsoo".
 
Myungsoo reddened, "R-Really? I am?".
 
You nodded continuously, "Yeah! You didn't know how happy I am that I opened up to you. You are very comfortable to talk to".
 
 
 
 
 
 A pair of glum eyes spotted the two of you. The owner of these two eyes, didn't know why his heart becomes heavy whenever he is seeing you being touchy with Myungsoo.
 
"WOOHYUN-AH! What are you doing in there?! We should be looking for Myungsoo, right now" Sunggyu shouted while looking at himself at the mirror.
 
Woohyun has been secretly looking at the two of you eversince Myungsoo went to your side to console you. He knew you two, are having a heart to heart moment and he felt intrigued to know what you two are talking about.
 
Woohyun clenched his grasp on the terrace of the balcony. *Could it be.. He've confessed?*
 
He touched his heart as it felt being more and more hurtful inside. It feels like he can't breath and he couldn't take the scene anymore. *Maybe I have some trouble breathing again*
 
Woohyun fished his cellphone on his pocket and dialed your number, "Hello Wonhee-ssi. Get ready. We're going to shop for things at the town. I need you to be here in a minute". 
 
You frowned, "But Isn't that so sudden-". Before you could finish your sentence, he's already gone. You looked at your phone and pouted. *What does he want right now?*
 
He didn't know but he always want to be with you. He went back inside to mingle with the others.
 
Sunggyu paced steps on the balcony and saw you and Myungsoo laughing at each other. He cocked his head to look at Woohyun's annoyed expression and in just a second, a playful smirk was formed on his lips.
 
 

 

Hey guys! Loooong Chapter! Done.

Have you seen some foreshadowing in there? Huh? Huh?

Well, you can guess it if you wanted to.

 

Comment&Subscribe

are very much appreciated