Chapter 33

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

The four of you are awkwardly facing together as the waiter place down your orders at your table. Dahae is sitting beside Woohyun and You are sitting beside Myungsoo. You looked infront and eyed Woohyun but he is busy spacing out at the screen of his cellphone.
 
You haven't slept, thinking about the words he said to you. Just like what you felt last night, you were still confused and curious and yet you just can't figure out everything that tangles your mind.
 
You examined Woohyun thoroughly. *Woohyun-ah! I don't know what I'll do please explain what you've said to me will you?*
 
You were able to reach back to reality after Myungsoo curled a fringe unto your ear. You looked at him and he gave you the most heart-throbbing smile ever. No wonder why everyone would kill just to be with him, He knows when and how to take care of a girl and he knows when or how to smile at the good times you needed it. 
 
You gave him a smile and lowered your eyes. *Aigoo! Why is this so hard for me?*
 
Dahae examined each of the three of you's expressions. First, Woohyun and his obviously I-care-but-I want-to-look-like-I-don't attitude shows. If only you would know that beneath those eyes is a man who is truly hurting inside. Next, Myungsoo. His eyes and smiles are telling the world that you can only make him happy like that. The way he looks at you and the way he would talk at you shows how much he wanted to be with you. If only you knew that his actions are different between friendship and more than that. Lastly, You. She couldn't describe your emotions. There is something in your eyes that she couldn't characterize. 
 
Dahae fake-coughed and grabbed the chopsticks. She clapped awkwardly and said, "Whoa! This looks tasty". Then she popped a piece of meat then grilled it.
 
The three of you came back to your senses as you grabbed the chopsticks and ate your food. You grabbed your bowl and shove some rice in your mouth. You smiled as you savor the taste of the food. 
 
Myungsoo secretly smiled as he looked at you. He grabbed a piece of lettuce, placed a grilled meat in it and neatly wrapped it. He gently shoved it in your mouth and he grinned at you. You automatically beamed brightly as he wiped off a piece of dirt from your mouth, oblivious of the person's reaction around you.
 
Dahae frowned as she bit a piece of meat from her bowl. She gave the two of you a disgusted look as she shoved another spoonful of rice on . *Ugh! Since when did they get so sweet to each other*
 
 
 
On the other side, Woohyun is just busy eating ramyeon not minding the two persons infront of him. He bit his lip in the midst of the scenery, he puffed his cheeks and grabbed the cup of soda infront of him. *So she kept his promise, huh?*
 
Unaware of what is happening around you, You suddenly felt your cheeks burning because of a pair of eyes gazing at you. You tilted your head at your side and realized Myungsoo has been staring at you all along and he haven't even eat a single pinch of his food.
 
You blinked, "Why?".
 
You waited for his reply but instead he responded with a very viscous stare sending you the creeps since it irks you when someone stares at you for a very long time. 
 
You nudged him and scrunched your face, "Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Stop it". Seemingly annoyed right now, Myungsoo just let out a chuckle inwardly which made you more miffed so you shifted your gaze to your food.
 
Myungsoo just laughed at you and shook his head before he shove the ramen on his mouth. *If only you knew how cute you were when you look annoyed*
 
Dahae snorted, "Yeah! Since when are you two, so lovey dovey with each other".
 
You frowned and said, "What? We are not-".
 
Before you could finish your sentence, Woohyun gave the two of you a meek smile and muttered, "You two.. Would make a good.. couple. I won't object if anytime Myungsoo would confess his feelings to you"
 
"But-"
 
A familiar ringtone resonated the room. Woohyun stared at his phone, which was followed by you, then Myungsoo and Dahae. Your heart clenched when you saw the name on the caller ID. It says, he've got a call from Hyomin. You gaze at Woohyun and he looked at you too. His look was filled with sadness but he keeps wrapping it with gracious smiles so you don't know his real expressions.
 
Dahae furrowed her eyebrows and glared at him, "Aren't you gonna answer your phone?".
 
"I will" He snatched his cellphone and stood up. "Excuse me for a second" He ran out.
 
You and Myungsoo stared at his back until only his silhouette is the only thing that you can see before he go outside. Your eyes wouldn't leave his every move. He looks happy talking to Hyomin which made you felt bad. So so bad that you feel disappointed that he is only laughing because of Hyomin and not you anymore. You want to keep it clear to yourself that this is not jealousy. You don't want this to be jealousy because jealousy means you are falling for that person. And you, yourself knows you don't like Woohyun. It's just you miss him. There's a big gap between like and miss and you want it to keep it like that while you can.
 
Myungsoo tapped your back, "Aren't you gonna finish your food?". You blinked at him and said, "Oh! Uhmm. Yeah! I forgot". You slowly remove your gaze from Woohyun's figure and shifted your attention to your food.
 
 
 
Minutes later, Woohyun came back with a minute smile plastered on his face. He sat on the chair and scooted back to his place. You stared at him expecting him to say anything. 
 
"I guess I'll have to leave you guys, then" He said.
 
You mumbled, "Why? Aren't gonna finish your food? How about-".
 
"N-No! It's just I decided I'm going to meet Hyomin somewhere here. We're going on a date. She said she's on her way now" Woohyun said, holding the paper bag lying on his lap.
 
"Where are you expecting to meet her?" Myungsoo asked.
 
"Here. She said she'll be here in a minute" Woohyun stared at his watch and roamed his head on the restaurant.
 
"You mean that will come here?" Dahae said in disgust.
 
You didn't tell Dahae about you and your issues about Hyomin but Haeri is one of Dahae's friends and whenever Haeri talks, she won't stop and she once got a slip of the tongue about Hyomin's actions towards you whenever Woohyun's around and whenever he's not. Dahae flew out of rage knowing that Hyomin treats you like trash so Dahae confronted you about keeping that as a secret but you said you don't want anymore war to start between you and Hyomin. And you know Dahae, She is a bit of a warfreak when it comes to you.
 
You intentionally kicked Dahae's leg which caused her to yelp loudly. "Yah! What is that for?" Dahae whined. "Just shut up" You mouthed back.
 
Woohyun gave Dahae a look then it shifted towards you, staring at you in disbelief, "? Why are you calling Hyomin a-".
 
 
 
A ping was heard and a familiar girl entered the door of the restaurant. She is wearing a halter sundress a little above the knee with her hair already swept on the side revealing her flawless back. She is also wearing a 12 inch heel pumps which sends her a gorgeous figure when she walks. She searched for any signs of Woohyun and smiled when she found him.
 
"Hey Woohyunie" She greeted with a bouncy smile. Woohyun gave her a smile until it faded when he realized she is wearing a dress that is so unsuitable for the season since it is christmas and it is too chilly for her to wear a dress that is only suitable for summer and spring vibe.
 
"Psssh! Look who's excited for summer" Dahae snorted which made you and Myungsoo exchange limited laughs.
 
"Hyomin! Aren't you cold?" Woohyun asked Hyomin with concerned eyes. "Not really. Why?" Hyomin replied and placed her hands behind Woohyun's neck. "You can keep me warm with just your hug Woohyunie!" She said seductively while tracing some patterns on Woohyun's chest not minding the persons around them.
 
Woohyun laugh awkwardly and took off his coat and hanged it on Hyomin's back, "Aren't you cold or something?". Hyomin shook her head, "No! Not at all!"
 
"Bleeeeeh! Yeah right! His girlfriend must be wearing four layers of coat when she's on her car then she took it all off just to walk and pass by here in that dress. I mean, Come on! It's nearly negative degrees here and she can only wear that thing? Just wow!" Dahae retorted.
 
This time you hit her leg five times stronger than before, she really didn't know when and how to shut at the times she needed it though she has a legitimate point.
 
Hyomin rolled her eyes and gaped at Dahae, "Excuse me but who are you? I believe you are not included in our conversation".
 
"Well, I believe you dress in the wrong season babe. Your so-called 'boyfriend' right here seems to be shocked not impressed on your type of clothing. Fashion may be a little thing to talk about to anyone but to me it is not. It is about being comfortable and not the style. And for me, The way you style yourself is nearly delusional. You don't even know how to greet the friends of your boyfriend and yet, you are doing some sensual things to a fellow idol member in the public. Are you pulling Infinite down because of your group's downfall? I thought  you are one the nicest girls in the industry considering I watch some of your variety shows then but you should know that with little actions comes great responsibilities" Dahae stood up from her seat having her eyes fixed on Hyomin.
 
"W-Wait! What? You don't even know me and yet you are talking like you do? Who are you anyway? You are just a simple fan clinging behind one of your idols. You don't even do much! And please! Don't lecture me about what I should do and I should not because this is my life. Besides, Why would I listen to you? You don't give me popularity, money does!"
 
"Money?! Then eat all your money and go back to your silly company who lectured you about that. Yeah! You're right I don't even know you but my sister does and I can't stand hearing that your actions are different whenever whether Woohyun or the boys are around and when they're not you are mean to her. Yah Unnie! SPEAK UP!" Dahae stood up from her seat and shouted. 
 
People are starting to look at your table because of Dahae's bothering voice. You ducked your head low, as you hide your embarassment. You saw Myungsoo looking at you with sympathizing eyes while Woohyun  stared at Dahae in shock. 
 
Hyomin gagged, "Wha-What did you say?! Yah!".
 
"What? What I said isn't true? You tell me!" Dahae raised her eyebrow as she placed her hands on her waist.
 
"Dahae stop it!" You whispered roughly.
 
"You're overreacting. I didn't pick on her. Yeah I may be a bit harsh on her sometimes but I'm not mean to her. I'm just telling her the things she should know and what should she do on her job. Right Wonhee-ssi? I'm not bad to you right?" Hyomin gave you a piercing look as the three other s waited for your respond. 
 
A person's stare can melt you enough. How about four  different stares with different meanings on it? One with confusion, One with curiosity, One with affinity and One with hatred. You don't know which eyes you would look at since you get too self-concsious when someone looks at you.
 
 
 
You gripped at the bottom hem of your coat. You looked on your lap and open your mouth, "Y-Yeah! Hyomin-ssi! That's right!". You lit up a happy face and said, "Thank you for your advices. I think I've learnt a lot from you".
 
Dahae's jaw dropped and cursed in the air. Myungsoo's face fell when he heard you lied infront of them. He himself knows that Hyomin doesn't treat you well and wants to see you in trouble most of the time.
 
 
 
Myungsoo is running on the hallway of a broadcasting station, trying to find Infinite's dressing room since they only have 30 minutes before they go live and yet, he's still not in his proper outfit and he's the only one who hasn't been styled and had his make-up on.
 
". . . I'm so late. Stupid project, I should've gone early if it weren't for that" He cursed under his breath as he peep through the small window of the doors of each room he've passed by.
 
One door is half-opened so he tried to take a peek inside since he really needs to find their room before their manager starts to scold him again for being late.
 
Myungsoo saw Hyomin, ripping a guy's coat. The coat definitely looks like one of their outfits but he didn't want to bulge in since it may one of the other artist's outfits and she may be instructed to rip it since she's known for styling T-Ara's outfits.
 
He continued looking at her and Hyomin's face expressions made him more suspicious of what she's doing. She's showing an evil smile and a  normal person cutting off a shirt wouldn't smile because ripping clothes is not fun, if you're not crazy.
 
Hyomin suddenly stopped from what she was doing and looked at the door since she've sensed that there's someone peeking at her outside. She set foot to start walking.
 
"Err.. I.. Uhm.. Uh.. Thanks for making me use your bathroom" You scratched your head since you're not used in talking to her especially saying thanks to her since she's not the nicest person you know.
 
"It's okay. You can use it anytime you want" She turned her back on the door and faked a smiled at you. You grabbed the shirts you've grabbed from the truck delivered by the shop who made Infinite's shirt and turned your back on her as you rolled your eyes. *Something's not right*
 
Myungsoo was about to warn you about what Hyomin just did but his phone immediately rang and he've got a message that he needs to be by the next floor in 2 minutes to get his make-up and hair done since they don't have much time yet.
 
He promptly darted upstairs since he doesn't want his manager to scold him again. He definitely hates being scolded especially when he is pissed and annoyed at some point.
 
After having his make-up done, He heard some sort of fuss going on outside their dressing room. He tilted his head and saw Sungyeol playing with his cellphone.
 
"What's happening?" Myungsoo asked. "Your suit has been sabotage. The shop said that they made it perfectly and neatly without any ripped parts. You should've seen it. It's horrible. But you should calm down dude, They're already sending another coat for you. They also asked the show to make us somewhere near the last to avoid cramming" Sungyeol answered while having his eyes on the phone.
 
"Coat?" Myungsoo echoed.
 
He scratched his head as he walked outside to search for their manager. *They are not talking about the ripped shirt I saw earlier, right?*
 
"WHAT?! YOU COULDN'T DELIVER THAT IN 5 MINUTES? TRAFFIC JAM? WHAT THE HELL?!"
 
 
 
A familiar voice was heard outside. Myungsoo cocked his head on the voice's direction and saw Manager Jungryul cussing on his phone.
 
"What's going on?" Myungsoo muttered as he walked to their manager.
 
"Life can't be any more unlucky. Your suit has been sabotaged and the shop said they did it perfectly. The second person who held it was Wonhee. Damn! I don't even know where she is now" Manager Jungryul shook his head in annoyance as he tried to contact someone on the phone.
 
"Can I see the coat?"
 
Their manager took out something from the couch beside them and gave the coat to Myungsoo. "Of all the people in Infinite, You were the one who was chosen to be sabotaged. Aigoo! I know how you hate it when someone messes with your outfits. Sorry about that. I'll just scold Wonhee if ever she come back here" Manager Jungryul seethed.
 
"Scold Wonhee?! NO!" Myungsoo shouted as he tightened his grip on the shirt.
 
"What? Why not? He messed with your outfit and what's worse? The show is about to start. We don't have any more contacts to replace your suit. We couldn't even borrow outfits from the other groups since their concept is different from yours" Manager Jungryul said agitatedly.
 
"Because I'm going to wear this. So please don't scold Wonhee because this is definitely not her fault" Myungsoo pleaded.
 
"I'll wear this I promise"
 
 
"There! She said it. I'm innocent so don't go making fuss about your sister. Aiish! This is frustrating. I need to go" Hyomin grumbled as she stomped her way out of the shop. 
 
Woohyun stared at you for a second and then stood up to follow Hyomin outside. Your hands looped Dahae's wrist and pulled her to her seat, "You don't need to do that". You let out an annoyed expression.
 
"So it's true? Why do you have to lie when Woohyun is there to know the truth about that 's bad attitude" Dahae said annoyingly.
 
"You don't understand" You took a breath and stared at the cup of coffee lying on the table oblivious of Myungsoo standing up leaving the two of you. He jogged his way to Woohyun before it leave the shop.
 
"Hyung!" Myungsoo called out. Woohyun turned with tired eyes, "What?".
 
"I think you should know the stories of both sides before you pick which side you're going to side on. Always remember that in every story, there's always a back story behind them. Get your facts straight before believing someone and hurting the other party because whatever we believe in isn't always the right thing" Myungsoo mumbled.
 
Woohyun's lips curved to a smile. He tapped Myungsoo's shoulder before leaving the shop, "I know, Myungsoo. I know".
 
 

 

Hey guys! Can I ask you something?

What would you feel if this story didn't go that way you want it to be? Like Wonhee liking another man other than the two. LOL. I don't know if that will really happen. I'm just curious. I want to know your reactions if this story didn't go the way it should be ^^

On the other side, I want to greet you (Even if it is too late) a Happy New Year! Let's all cheer for a New Year, God has given us and celebrate about YaDong's nearly to date debut. I wish them the best.

Ciao~