Chapter 65

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

You leaned your head towards the window of Woohyun’s car while looking at the night view of Jeju outside. It was different from the luminous lights coming from the shops lining up on all of Seoul, from the variety of expensive cars you would see on the highway or from the skyscraper buildings vying, who could be the tallest of them all, standing proudly like its height was an award to its owner.

You could still see some buildings or maybe some luminous lights outside but majority of what you see is either the sea or the trees peeking at the side of the highway.

You were silent after the jump a while ago. It felt like you haven’t enjoyed it even if that was the one of the “never-should-I-miss” on your bucket list. It was what you wanted ever since you were a child and now that you finally had the chance to do it, why are you still not happy?

Even Woohyun, who is afraid of heights, conquered his fear just to make you happy.

But then there were a lot of insecurities entering your mind like when are you going to go on places without explaining to others your status with Woohyun. This is different from dating and no matter what you do, he’s your husband and your relationship isn’t all just a fling that you can break off whenever you want to and then forget like it never happened.

You don’t even know why you are thinking this when you already convinced yourself that all of this was temporary.

This is not the kind of marriage that has a continuity because this one, could only last for a month or so and it just breaks your heart.

And by the time this will end and you were gone, what’s going to happen to Woohyun? You just can’t stand to see him in pain because of you.

You bit your lip to hold your tears as you looked outside. You can’t even give him a child on this condition and heaven knows how much you’ve wanted a baby boy as your first baby.

You took a deep breath and felt a warm hand rested on the top of yours.

"Hey babe, What’s the problem?" You felt Woohyun stole a concerned glance at you before looking at the road again.

You gave him a meek smile and pressed his hands before mumbling, “I’m fine. I’m just tired”.

His hands made its way to your cheek then to your neck, checking your temperature like you have a fever. “Wait, let me see”

You chuckled lightly and held his hands away from you, “I don’t a fever, Woohyun. I was just tired. What’re you doing?”

He smiled at you and laughed, “I was just trying to make you laugh. You seem to be in deep thoughts. What’s the problem?”

You suddenly changed your expression, “No, I was just tired. No need to worry about anything, Woohyun”.

"You sure?" He incquired.

“Yes, I’m fine” You nodded in response and shifted your seat. “What about you?”

"What about me?" He jerked in response and then looked at you intently.

You with a knowing grin and shook your head before looking outside again, making him crave for more details. You know Woohyun and once you hint him that you’re going to tell him something and you suddenly interrupted it, he will dug on it and make you feed his curiosity.

"Yah, Young Wonhee! Why are you laughing? What do you mean what about me?" He gave you glances and then nudged you on your seat but you remain silent and pretend that you’re not going to laugh no matter what.

He poked you once again, “Wonhee! What’s the thing you’re going to say?”

He pestered you enough that he also lost his focused as a driver so you decided to just tell him, “You were like a 5 year old boy a while ago, Woohyun. What happened to the manly Nam Woohyun I know when you’re on stage or that chic romanticist who keeps on flirting with everyone, even his fans”.

His lips curved to a smile, “Why? Are you jealous that I flirt with them all the time? You know, it’s a part of my job to steal people’s hearts, right?”

"No"

"Oh. What’s that I’m hearing? Young Wonhee, jealous of Inspirits?" He teased you with a cocky tone which made you looked at him in disgust.

You crossed your arms and said, “I am not jealous! And that’s not even the point, Woohyun please!”

"Then what is?"

You gave him a challenging stare and imitated his actions, “Ahhh! Mom! Mom! Please save me, Mom! I’m falling, Mom! I’m going to die. Help me, Mom!!”

"Oh my God, Woohyun! You should’ve seen your face a while ago. I should’ve taken a video of your fall when I have the chance" You laughed at him, hard.

He scrunched his eyebrows and said, “Excuse me! I was just trying to pull off an act to make you laugh”.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah!" He said in defense. "And by the looks of it then you must’ve enjoyed it a lot"

You folded your arms and eyed his expressions, “That doesn’t look like an act, that looks real to be very honest”.

"See! I’m not only a singer but a great actor, as well. Aren’t you proud of me?" He chuckled as he clutched his hands on the steering wheel.

You shook your head in disbelief and then looked outside, “Oh Woohyun, you amuse me”.

 

 

You woke up to the sound of Woohyun’s heavy breathing while the two of you were sleeping. He had his arms wrapped around you and his chin on the top of your head making you face his chest and feel the beat of his heart.

You held his hands away from you and then stood up to go to the bathroom to pee.

You were about to close the door when you felt that familiar ringing again on your head. It was pounding so hard that it made you sit on the floor and rest your head on the wall.

"It hurts.." You whispered.

Everything seems to be shaking and you can’t even see a thing. You felt your body become weak as you tried to drag yourself outside.

It feels like your head is being smashed by a hammer and your brain is going to pop out anytime.

You’ve dealt with this for a couple of times when you were with Woohyun but this time it was more painful than ever. You bumped your head against the wall to recoil the pain you have inside of your head but it was no use.

20 minutes… I can endure this for 20 minutes, You told yourself.

You don’t want to call Woohyun because this will cause him trouble and he may postpone his trip for Seoul, the next day and you don’t want that to happen.

You bit your lips as you felt your tears flow from your eyes, “It hurts so much”.

You clutched your heart to your chest and dried your tears, you waited for the pounding to lessen before you forced yourself to go out of the bathroom and crawl yourself back to the bed, silently.

You made your way to the bed in time and face your back on Woohyun so that he won’t sense that you were crying. You bit the edge of your pillow to recoil the pain because that really helps you a lot, for a couple of times.

You silently cried and prayed, hoping through the stars that somehow this will be gone even though you know this would be temporary.

You closed your eyes, ignoring the astounding pain that you are feeling. You felt Woohyun’s hands on your waist again and that made you feel safe once again and before you know it, you were shifted once again to dreamland where everything seems to be possible for you even though it’s not.