Chapter 31

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

 
  You are sitting at a long u-shaped couch laid at the noraebang place, you were at. Actually, It's You, Haeri, Dahae, Infinite (without Myungsoo) and some other stylists lounging on the said place doing variety of things. The guys were in the state of having a celebration since the CEO of their company approved of the debut of Hoya and Dongwoo as a sub-unit and a secret solo for Sunggyu, since their CEO has some other plans on the future.
 
As for the other plans, They've been speculating for a debut for Woohyun but since he is way too busy nowadays, they give the chance to Sunggyu first. As well as Myungsoo, who's been busy with his sitcom nowadays, which is also the reason why he couldn't go out and celebrate with all of you on your celebration.
 
Sungyeol held the microphone and sang with all his might while dancing infront of all of you, "AREUM DAEWO SARANG SUROWO KURE NEO~".
 
"HEY!" Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong shouted, livingly.
 
"KURE BARO NEO~" Sungyeol pointed at you and and beamed.
 
"HEY~"
 
 
 
  You laughed at their silliness while singing the song. You let out soft giggles as you look at your right side, where in Dahae and Haeri are busy talking to each other. As far as you know, this is the first time that they've seen each other but they seem to be much closer than you and Haeri are.
 
A smile formed on your lips at the sight of them talking, *At least, those two manage to be friends*
 
Then you rolled your eyed and looked at the left side, It was empty up until the end part of the couch. You saw Woohyun being silent and all, staring at his phone and waiting for a text message. His mood is gloomy and undescribable and eversince he started working on his drama, he isn't the Woohyun, that you've met before. He's somewhat strange...
 
And it's been weeks since he's being like this. But there is something inside of you that misses him. You miss him saying 'Good Morning!' and 'Goodnight' even though he's the most annoying *slash* playful guy you've met. He already stopped asking questions about Dahae and surprisingly, He's pushing Hoya towards Dahae and he doesn't even bothers if Hoya tries to make a move on Dahae. And what you misses the most is, He's not talking to you anymore. He's more like 'commanding' you to do this and that. And it feels like he's more distant when you're already seeing each other each and every day.
 
Your face fell at that thought. It's like your days are not complete without him smiling and cheering for you. He's usually like that. Well, He used to be like that to you. Until he became distant.
 
You opened up to say a word to him when Sunggyu suddenly barged in on the room. 
 
 
 
 "Guys! The owner said they're out of ice and snacks for us since we rented this place 3 minutes before closing. Anyone who wants to buy those things? I mean, we really have to buy one and then just store it at the owner's fridge. I even told the owner that we'll stay here until 2 or 3 in the morning since all of you are having fun. Now, Who wants to go?" 
 
The room became silent until Sungyeol ignored him and continued on his song. As well as Sungjong and Dongwoo who are immersed with the dancing. Hoya continued talking to Haeri and Dahae which leaves to Woohyun and You.
 
"I'll go then" You volunteered since no one is willing to buy some ice and snacks.
 
"But it's already late and-" 
 
"I can do this. It's not like I'm going to take a bus just to buy those things right?" You gave him a reassuring smile.
 
"Sorry. But I couldn't let you walk around Seoul just by yourself. It's past midnight already and it's dangerous for you if don't have someone to accompany you" Sunggyu said. Then turned to Woohyun, "Nam Woohyun! Accompany her to the store".
 
Woohyun's head perked up and then looked at Sunggyu with a lot of hesitations in his eyes, "But why me? Am I the only person here in this room who cares about those things?". "You can ask.." He roamed his eyes to search for someone available but he failed since the others were immersed on what they were doing. 
 
"Aiish.. Fine. I'll do it" Woohyun huffily grabbed his things and immediately go outside without even looking at you and Sunggyu.
 
"I told you I can do it by myself" You murmured inwardly and glared at Sunggyu. He just shrugged cooly which made you send yourself out of the room.
 
 
 
 A wild gush of cold breeze welcomed you as you pushed the door. The air went through past your soft curls, pushing your fringes away from your face, revealing your milky, white skin. You placed your hands inside the pocket of your jacket, since you can definitely feel the winter air coming through the strong wind enveloping you.
 
You rubbed your palms together and cupped your face to make it feel the heat that comes from your hands. You cocked your head to your side to look for Woohyun but you couldn't see even a vague silhouette of him. 
 
You bit you lip as you search for him. *Where is he?*
 
"Yah! Over here!" You heard a familiar voice shouted from your back so you spun around to see him reclining on the post. 
 
You paved your way to go to where he is. When he realized you were at a safe distance near him, He started walking normal and light steps. Not that fast to make you cope up with and not that slow to waste time with.
 
You managed to land a place on his side though you could feel the awkwardness mixing with the cold air. You want to say something but you don't know what to say. It is not usually like this but you think that after the fast few days, he've change.
 
You gazed at him through your peripheral vision and you saw him having a straight face, with his eyes gently focused on the streets. His scarf is covering a partial of one fourth of his face but that won't hide the fact that he is in deep thought and his eyes are betraying him because it looks sullen and cheerless. You can feel that there is a big thing that bothers him but you just can't figure it out because he's usually unpredictable.
 
You sighed. *Should I just talk to him? Aiish! Why is this so hard for me?*
 
He stopped his tracks to a small convenience store. You hadn't notice that and you almost walk past the store, still immersed in your own thoughts and contemplation. 
 
Woohyun is the first one to enter the store, which reveals an empty shop wherein the cashier is the only person in there. The cashier seems bored as she rested her head at the counter.
 
"Welcome Sir/ Ma'am! What can I do for you?"She lazily stood up and plastered a fake smile on her face as she rubbed her eyes gently.
 
She looked up to Woohyun's level and gaped, "Oh~ Wait! I know you! You're from-".
 
"Can I have 3 packs of Ice cubes please?" Woohyun interrupted her and gave her a flashy smile. 
 
You just examined his expressions and then roamed your eyes around the store. You puffed your cheeks as you searched for some snacks at the shelf. You stopped by to get some chips and snuggle them to the counter along with Woohyun's ice.
 
"Is that all you need, Sir?" The cashier smiled dreamily at him.
 
"Yes. Just take all of her snacks on the pack please" Woohyun muttered, then snatched all the the plastic bag and gave to you the lightest pack, the plastic bag for the chips without giving you another word.
 
"Tssh! Doesn't he have a mouth. He can't even open his mouth to talk to me" You mumbled as you run and pushed through the door.
 
The cashier looked at you and then looked at the magazine lying on the counter *Hmmmm. She does look very familiar*
 
 
 
  You sped up your tracks as you match Woohyun's paces. He's still silent like he was before. Usually, he would tell you stories about his day or the things he've watched up to the most random things. But this, Just this, is a kind of a torture for you.
 
Your cheeks grew more pale because of the cool weather. You slip the handle to your wrist and rubbed again your palms to give your cheeks some warmth. *Damn. I can definitely feel the winter season coming*
 
You bit your lip as you look at Woohyun. *Why are you doing this? Just talk, For once!*
 
"D-Do you have any plans or schedules for t-tomorrow" You said as you shivered in the cold. You took the initiate to talk to him since he won't talk to you anytime soon.
 
He glance at you through his peripheral version, "Just the same. Isn't it on your daily schedule? Haven't you memorized it yet?"
 
You placed your hands to your pockets and hugged your self, "I kinda forgot". He smirked then rolled his eye sarcastically, "That's new".
 
You sheepishly chuckled and touched your cheeks. *Arrrgh! Stupid cold weather! Aigoo. It's too cold*
 
 
 
  Woohyun stopped his tracks, leaved the packs of ice on the ground and grabbed something inside his coat. He released the skarf from his neck and wagged it. He leaned in a couple of inches from you and encircled your neck with the scarf. 
 
"Woohyun, Can I ask you one question?" You murmured as you looked at his jawline then searched for his eyes.
 
Woohyun fixed the scarf and said, "Does that mean you won't ask me another question after that question. That's your question right?". He looked at you sincere but you gave him a look which made him smile. 
 
You softened. You haven't seen him smile for you since ages. He's smiling but it's for others. It's for his drama and you kinda miss that he smiles for you. Your stomach lurched at that thought. *Why would I even care?*
 
That was when you realize that his face was just centimeters from you. Your gaze stopped on his lips. You find it awkward as well as provoking. Wait? Provoking. You mentally slapped yourself. Since when did you find his lips, provoking? 
 
You sheepishly laugh and looked away, "Thanks for this. I thought you were never gonna talk to me"
 
Woohyun picked up the plastic bags and looked at you, "What made you think that?".
 
"Nothing it's just- Are you avoiding me? If so, Why?" You ducked your head low, waiting for his answer.
 
"Avoiding? Nah! It's just i have a lot of things in mind right now" Woohyun answered.
 
"A lot of things?" You repeated. "Like what?"
 
"I can't just tell you that right now. But believe me, I have some things going on right now and even my personal assistant who works '24/7' a day couldn't handle that" He smiled as he emphasized the word '24/7' and he beamed at you.
 
"Well, that's sad. I applied for the job of a personal assistant but I still haven't qualified to handle that up until now" You pouted. 
 
He chuckled inwardly and ruffled your hair. You gave him a meek smile and just stared at his eye for a bit. You have a habit of pushing away people before they get attached to you because you are tired of people leaving you but once you've trusted someone and leaned on them, It'll be Impossible for you to let them go. And with just a short span of time, You've realized Woohyun is a big part of your life since you've missed him. You mean, All seven of them are abig part of you. You never knew flying to Korea would be a great decision for you and your sister.
 
 
 
"Wonhee?"
 
"Hmm" You looked at his eyes. You don't know why having a serious talk with him gives you the chills. It wasn't usually like that. But you decided to fight with it and convince yourself that it was just because of the weeks you were unable to talk to him personally.
 
"Can you promise me something?" 
 
You blinked for a moment, "Promise? What is it?". 
 
"Can you promise that whatever happens, you will not change and even though you are experiencing the worst day a personal assistant would have and even though I push you away, please bare with me. You don't know how it feels for me having you by my side. Please. Even if I push you away, please don't change" He finished his last three words by whispering and looking away.
 
You narrowed your eyes and furrowed your brows on him. You just don't get it. Why would he push you away? Why is he saying these things to you. His words left you nothing but curiousity and confusion. Curiosity because you know that beneath his words is a very deep and canny meaning though you just won't figure it out. Confusion because he is suddenly the person that you never knew. He confuses you alot these past few days.
 
"Can you promise that to me?" 
 
Then a meek smile flashed across Woohyun's face, "Ahhh! Sorry. Things have been so hard lately. Don't mind me". He bit his lip and then continued to walk like nothing had happened.
 
"I-I don't get it" You mumbled silently. So silent that he didn't reply to what you've said. You don't know if he really heard it and just won't explain it to you or he haven't heard it at all.
 
The two of you paced steps thinking and immersed in deep thoughts. You eyed Woohyun and he still has a burdensome expression on his face and you don't know if this is the right time to ask him what bothers him.
 
 
 
 After some minutes, You saw the glittery and radiant signboard of the noraebang place you were at. You quickly shuffle to the place and but you suddenly felt a hand looped on your wrist.
 
You looked at Woohyun with disquisitive eyes, "Why? Is something wrong?"
 
"One more thing" He muttered. You blinked at him, waiting for the words he'll say.
 
"Please promise me that you will not hurt Myungsoo's feelings" He looked at you with shining eyes. It twinkles that you don't know that he's too happy or he's going to tear up. He's bright expression messes with your perspective.
 
"Feelings? What feelings? We're friends. I don't know what you're talking about" You hold his wrist and pulled it to remove his hands on your wrist.
 
"Just put it this way. If ever, He would fall and confess his feelings to you. Please... Please don't reject him. Please give him a chance to prove himself to you. Is that alright? Just give him a chance"
 
You blinked. *Confess? Why would he confess to me? We're just friends*
 
And with that, Woohyun entered the noraebang place. Leaving you in thoughts. You stared in space trying to sink in what he've said until your phone beeped.
 
You opened the message and its from Myungsoo. It says..
 
Sorry for not coming today. Too busy T.T Anyways, Want to go out tomorrow? Just the 2 of us. Let's meet at the cafe near your school. Please say no cuz I've already memorize your schedule ^^
 
You bit your lip. *Myungsoo-ah! Is it true?*