Chapter 54

우린 용원히 (My Forever)
You clutched your hand at the end of your drink as the fringe of your hair covered your eyes which was caused by the calm hustling wind that envelopes you. All you can hear at this very moment is the unending puerile chuckles and giggles from the the kids, that are immersely enjoying their day at the mini park inside their institution.
 
You've been spending your days on a child institution which is also the same orphanage Myungsoo visits when he have his days off. He introduced you to the nun who owns the institution since you became interested about his stories on the said orphanage especially the kids itself since you could see the gleam in his eyes whenever he tells you about his day at the orphanage.
 
You forced a smile at one of the kids named, Jinha, who suddenly called your name just to wave and say hi to you. You wave back at her and said, "Are you okay now?".
 
You saw her meek and fragile figure running towards you as she shouted proudly, "Yes! Very!".
 
"And why is that?" You asked curiously as you pushed yourself on the side a little and let her sit beside you. You caressed her head and hugged her close to you.
 
"Because I met you, Unnie!" She giggled shyly through her pale and innocent face.
 
Your heart felt the explosion of both heartwarming and heartbreaking feelings because of what she've said. You love the fact that even though it has been two weeks since you've been here, there is a big connection between the two of you. And maybe there are some reasons why..
 
Jinha is not like the other child at some orphanages out there. She is sick. And her illness is Cancer.
 
And maybe that is the reason why you can see her as the young you.
 
She has many dreams and many stories to tell. She is a very talented and exceptional child. But everything will go to a waste because her life is on the verge of losing because of the sickness she've never ever dreamed of.
 
She is at her most threatening case that's why her doctor advised her to just spend her last days over and enjoy it while she still can. But how can she enjoy her days if she don't have anyone to spend it with? She was just left in this institution when she was just a baby leaving her to the point of her life wherein she is going to be dead and she couldn't even know, even just the name of her mother.
 
Seeing her makes you cry inside since after all, You find yourself blessed enough because your life has been extended to the point that you have the time to experience everything in life even if that was only for a short time.
 
Jinha was sipping her peach juice when she saw a familiar car parked in front of the garden, "Oh Unnie! Isn't that Myungsoo oppa's car?".
 
Your eyes traced her hands to the direction of where she is pointing at. *Car? What car? Myungsoo doesn't have a car unless it was their company's van*
 
You quietly gazed at the car while waiting for someone to get out. You don't know why but you have a bad feeling about this. Normally, Myungsoo would text you if he will visit the institution and what time will he be there but the thing is, you know he has a schedule for today and that would be a conflict in his schedule if he will visit right now.
 
"Ohhh! It is not Oppa. I don't know him. Why is he here?" Jinha pouted as she sipped her juice nonchalantly.
 
You just stared at the figure for a moment and cringe at your seat. You suddenly felt stuffy and tensed all of a sudden. You look at the guy wearing a black shirt and black pants with his mask on entering the building, making you frozen at the moment you saw him. You bit your lip nervously. You thought you are never gonna see him ever again.
 
*Nam Woohyun, Why are here? Why couldn't you just go* You are silently chanting those words in your brain as you saw him talking to a nun and he even smiled at her before they fully entered the building.
 
 
 
 
"Ms. Young! Can you please come to the superior's office?" One of the caretakers told you while you are feeding one of the children.
 
You wanted to say 'no' because you know where will this go and you don't want it to happen but you don't want to disappoint her as well. You gave her a reassuring smile and muttered, "Ok. I'll go there once I'm done with Baekhyun".
 
You stood up hastily and dusted yourself before you head off to her office. Each step felt so heavy and abundant. You bit your suddenly-became-chapped lips before you touched the doorknob and twisted it with no hesitations.
 
You heave a sigh when you saw the nun busily talking to a familiar guy who is the culprit of your emotions right now. He is giving her dozens of his boyish charming smile which made the old woman smile in their conversation as well.
 
You gave them time to talk with each other until she recognized your presence at the side and proceed to stood up, "Oh hello Ms. Young. I didn't see you there. Please come here and take a seat. I'm going to introduce someone to you".
 
You drag yourself to sit at the other chair facing Woohyun and pretend like everything seems to be okay. She sat on her seat as well and said, "Ms. Young, I believe you know him already since he is a friend of your loving bro-"
 
Your eyes rounded in surprised and cut her as fast as you can by saying, "Of course! I know him! He's a- he's a friend of mine".
 
You noticed him just gazing at you making it awkward for you to look at him. You tried looking at other directions but the heat of his stare seems to be piercing through you and you couldn't take it. You are suddenly feeling cold and uncomfortable all of a sudden.
 
"Did you hear what I'm told you, Ms. Young?" She looked at you with curious eyes.
 
"Huh? Uhh... Yeah" You blurted as you looked away sheepishly. 
 
You are mentally slapping yourself for saying yes to her when you don't even know what she told you. You are tempted to ask again but it would be very embarrassing on your part and you could hear him smirking inside that body of him saying, 'This girl has feelings for me and I know it' and you don't want him to assume that because even though you know that that is the truth, You couldn't let him know your feelings especially now that the only thing he knows is that you and Myungsoo are in a relationship.
 
"Ms. Young! Did you hear what I just said?!" The woman asked you for the fifth Inge but you couldn't hear her because you are drowning in your own thoughts. She has a stern look on her face now and that is the last thing you want to see because even her smile scares the hell of you.
 
"Uhm.. What is it again?" You mumbled now secretly pinching yourself for not paying attention.
 
She heave a loud sigh before she continue, "I said, You can tour Mr. Nam around the institution now and then afterwards, you two must play and interact with the other children. You are responsible of introducing him to them and them to him as well so be attentive, okay?".
 
"O-Okay"
 
 
 
You are walking side by side with Woohyun now and all you could hear is your breathing and footsteps. You hate this because it is so awkward. You wanted to talk but nothing seems to get out of your mouth. It's like you are so awkward with him even though he hugged you and you relied unto him about your condition. 
 
And the strange thing is your heart beat gets louder each and every moment you are with him. You are scared that he might hear it as well because it is too loud and you couldn't even control it.
 
"Are you okay now?" You heard him ask from the back which made you turn around and look at him.
 
"I-I guess" You lowered your head because you know that his question wasnt meant to be like one of those are-you-ok questions but he is pertaining directly to your health and you don't like it when someone talks about your condition.
 
He stopped walking and touched  your neck with the back of his hand. You were surprised by his sudden movement which made you stiff in your position like a statue. He caress your cheek and then rubbed your forehead gently.
 
"You know that I told that I will be always here for you right?" He gaze at you with deep eyes.
 
"N-Nam Woohyun..."
 
"Why are you stuttering?" He look at you in amazement, his hands now placed on your shoulder.
 
"I am not!!!" You defended and then turned your back at him. "Gosh! I told you I'm fine. Myung's gonna be angry. Get a hold of yourself" Then you continued pacing steps and decided to left him.
 
Woohyun stood there looking at your direction, secretly letting out soft chuckles. *If you only know Wonhee*
 
 
 
 
Myungsoo is talking to you on the phone when Woohyun entered the room to get some stuffs on Sunggyu's cabinet since Myungsoo and Sunggyu are room mates. 
 
Woohyun silently tiptoed his way towards Sunggyu's cabinet without letting Myungsoo know since his back is facing Woohyun at that moment.
 
He open the drawer when he heard Myungsoo said, "Are you taking your medications regularly?".
 
He grew stiffed on his position trying to listen with everything you two, are talking about. He grew disturbed as the conversation went on since all he heard from Myungsoo's mouth are bad news. Or at least that's what he knew.
 
When he couldn't take it anymore, he stood up firmly and called out Myungsoo's name even though he know Myungsoo's talking to you.
 
Myungsoo held the phone away from his ear and looked at Woohyun for a moment. He gave him a wait signal and the proceeded talking to you and then you two exchange your respective goodbyes.
 
Myungsoo looked at Woohyun hesitantly, "H-How long have you been here, Hyung?".
 
"I've been here for like 20 minutes" Woohyun said. "Look Myungsoo, if you are scared to let me know that she is sick. Please don't! I knew about it already, no need to tell a lie. I know that she is so sick and it hurts me..."
 
Woohyun bit his lip because his emotions is starting to fill his whole body and he knows that anytime soon he might cry in front of Myungsoo because he still cares for you...a lot.
 
Myungsoo remained silent and just looked at the ground waiting for the next round of things that Woohyun will say. 
 
"It.. It hurts me seeing you with her. It hurts me seeing her happy because of you. It hurts me seeing that behind those smiles, she is slowly tearing up inside and the fact that she is sick kills me because I feel like I am so selfish.." Woohyun looked up as he feel his eyes are slowly forming crystal tears inside them.
 
"So selfish because all I want is to get her from you until I realize that the only thing that could make her happy..." Woohyun paused for a moment to wiped the bead of sweat at his eyes not caring even his look Infront of his dongsaeng anymore.
 
"The only thing that could make her happy is you" Woohyun finished his sentence and then turned his back to wipe it because he couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry Myung if I'm being like this but I want to be honest with you and-".
 
"No Hyung! Don't be sorry. Please" Myungsoo said as he looked at the ground still trying to reorganize his thoughts. "I should be the one who should be saying I'm sorry, I am so wrong here. Everything is my fault"
 
Woohyun looked at him doubtedly, "I don't get why you need to say sorry at me".
 
"It's because Wonhee-Noona is not my girlfriend" Myungsoo murmured.
 
"What?" 
 
"I said she is not my girlfriend. I just-just couldn't accept her as my girlfriend"
 
Woohyun's ears suddenly ringed at the words that Myungsoo said kept on echoing on his mind because he couldn't take it. The way Myungsoo said those words made Woohyun want to punch the hell out of Myungsoo because it feels like Myungsoo is disgusted at her. Suddenly, Anger flowed inside of him and his eyes suddenly had this murderous look.
 
 I just couldn't accept her as my girlfriend 
 
Did he heard it right? Myungsoo left her hanging just like that? At this kind of point of her life? How immature is he to do that?
 
Woohyun pushed Myungsoo to the wall with great force because he couldn't take it anymore. He thought that Myungsoo is the right guy for Wonhee but he is wrong, and now this guy whom he trusted the girl he loves is denying his relationship to Wonhee. For what? Because he is disgusted? Because she has a fatal disease? He couldn't tolerate Myungsoo's actions, He just couldn't.
 
"What the did you say? Huh?" Woohyun grabbed Myungsoo's collar and gave him a glare that pierces through his skull.
 
Myungsoo was taken a back by the sudden attack and all he could do is look at Woohyun's eyes, "H-Hyung it's a misunderstanding. You don't understand".
 
"Really? Then explain!" He barked. His voice is too loud which made also the other members rush to the room to look what is with the commotion about.
 
The sooner that they came, they gasped just by watching Myungsoo being pinned by Woohyun at the wall and they know that they couldn't interfere with the fight especially now that Woohyun is raging angry. Once they help Myungsoo, They would also get involve in this problem. So, They waited for Sunggyu to come and handle the situation.
 
"Ok now tell me!" Woohyun pushed Myungsoo more which made his back ache at an instance.
 
"Yah yah yah! Stop it Woohyun!" Sunggyu shouted as he raised his palms begging Woohyun.
 
But Woohyun didn't mind him, all he cares about is Myungsoo's explanation and Wonhee's condition. Once he know that Myungsoo has been playing with her feelings all along, he's afraid he might also forget Myungsoo's relationship to him as his second family.
 
"Hyung don't! I need to tell it to him now since he needs to know it" Myungsoo said calmly as he looked at Sunggyu with  appeasing eyes.
 
"What do I need to know?" He shouted now getting impatient. He clicked his tongue out of irritability and then glared at Sunggyu, "And Hyung, you know about this?"
 
Sunggyu looked down and stepped back, "I-I'm sorry Woohyun but-"
 
"She couldn't be my girlfriend because she's my sister" Myungsoo blurted.
 
Woohyun stopped staring at Sunggyu and loosen his grip a little on Myungsoo's collar, "What?".
 
"I said she is my sister... In blood. She is my real family. The other half of me" Myungsoo mumbled as he looked down at his shoes, unable to look at Woohyun's eyes.
 
"You gotta be kidding me" Woohyun shook his head in disbelief, unable to take Myungsoo's ridiculous words.
 
"That's true" Sunggyu testified. "Wonhee is Myungsoo's long lost sister, Woohyun. I-I'm very sorry Woohyun".
 
"Hyung..." Sungjong suddenly said out of surprise.
 
Everyone was surprised including the other members. They didn't know a thing about this. They thought that you and Myungsoo are the perfect couple to begin with. The fact about Myungsoo's actions weeks ago was finally clear to them, they now understand what he went through.
 
"Since when did you know all of this?" Woohyun hissed at Sunggyu.
 
"Ever since the day I became a douche. Hyung please! You are not the only who is being hurt here. Do you understand what I felt the day I realize that she's my sister? And please don't get angry at Sunggyu Hyung, I convinced him not to tell you because I want to be the person to tell that to you" Myungsoo rolled his eyes because he couldn't take Woohyun's actions, now.
 
Woohyun stood there in silence, unable to know what to think and say. He totally loosen his grip on Myungsoo and quietly said, "Who else knows this?".
 
"I-I am" Hoya suddenly came out from the back with a stern look in his face.
 
"What the hell, You too?" Dongwoo spat and looked at Hoya.
 
"Me too! I'm sorry Myung" Sungyeol said sheepishly. "You are too distracted at that time and I grew disturb each time I saw you with that look in your face so I checked your phone. I'm really sorry".
 
"Wait, If you checked my phone and realize she's my sister then..."
 
"Yeah I know about it too" Sungyeol tried to keep a straight look as he realized he've really cross his boundary.
 
"What the hell, Yeol!" Myungsoo shouted in disbelief.
 
"I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to. I was Just worried about you" Sungyeol shrugged as he tried to back off at the scene.
 
Meanwhile, Dongwoo and Sungjong are just gaping at the scene. The only thing they understand is the fact that Wonhee is Myungsoo's sister and yet that is also the most absurd thing that they knew so they continue watching them to understand what are they talking about.
 
"What are they talking about, Hyung?" Sungjong whispered  as he nudged Dongwoo's arms.
 
"I really don't know but I'm really enjoying the drama. Lets just watch for a moment" Dongwoo  muttered.
 
"Yah you two! Lets go out now and let them talk" Sunggyu suddenly squished himself between Dongwoo and Sungjong and place his arms at both of their shoulders.
 
Dongwoo protested, "But-".
 
"Let's go!!!" Sunggyu cut them off as he drag them away from the room. Hoya and Sungyeol joined them as well to give Myungsoo and Woohyun some privacy.
 
Woohyun sat on the bed and covered his face with his palms, thinking and trying to resort everything he've found out. He wanted to shout but he couldn't, because this is clearly about the girl that he likes.
 
"What are we going to do know?" Woohyun murmured as he looked at Myungsoo, trying to wait for the guy's answer.
 
"Do you want to talk to her?" Myungsoo asked as his knees gave up and eventually he sat down, back facing the wall which makes him look face to face with Woohyun.
 
Woohyun ruffed his hair and worriedly look at Myungsoo, "Why would I not talk to her? I would kill just to call her for just a day but she won't answer my calls. It's like I've done something wrong to her or cheated on her when the only thing that I want is to be by her side all the time".
 
Myungsoo chuckled gently and played with the ring that was then attached to his finger, "Believe me, all she thinks about all day is you"
 
Woohyun glared at him and hissed, "Shut up".
 
"You're not believing me? Fine. I won't help you in this" Myungsoo shrugged coolly and pushed himself away from the floor. He stood up and readied himself to leave the room but Woohyun grabbed his wrist at the right moment.
 
"I do. I swear, I do! It's just.... I don't want to assume" Woohyun muttered shyly. "I-I would do anything to extend her life even if it takes forever"
 
Myungsoo smirked in victory and said, "Fine. Get ready, We're going somewhere today. And uhm.. You want to meet her right? She'll be at the orphanage, the day after tomorrow".
 
"...don't let her get away this time"
 
And with that Myungsoo left the room leaving Woohyun, spacing out at the corner. There is only one thing going on in his brain right now and that would be,  Myungsoo's right, I won't let her get away now that I know the truth. No not this time.
 
 

 
[a/n: Hello guys! I know! My updates take like forever to post. I'm so sorry. Really, I am. It's just I am so loaded with school stuffs, I barely have time to write now. With that, I'm very sorry for being such a tease as well. Anyways, thank you for still sticking to this story cause I truly appreciate it. I love you lovelies ^^]