Chapter 55

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

After you've met Woohyun today, you've been receiving different kinds of beautiful flowers from different children inside the institution. You get flowers with different quotations on each one of them and that drive you nuts because you know who is the culprit behind these flower-giving-with-greasy-note-sending shenanigans he's been putting on you, that also earned the attention from the nuns who kept on teasing you about this secret admirer of yours.

It's not that you hate it because you were secretly skipping with joy each and every time you would receive them but what can you do? You have to control your feelings or else it would be obvious to him that you like him which is odd and wrong in some ways.

You waited for the right moment to confront him and good thing lunch time came, you knew it would be the right time to tell him what you want to say, so it's all or nothing between you and him.

You stood up from your seat and left your table. You looked at Woohyun, who immediately looked away when he saw you walking towards his direction. You halt your steps in front of him and said, "What do you want, Woohyun? Why are you doing this to me?"

Woohyun gaze at you for a second, "Can I talk to you for a minute?". And with that, He held your hands tightly but gently. You didn't budge you just let his hand clasp through yours

You didn't answer his question, instead you let him drag you to who knows where until his steps stopped under a tree on the park. "Ok now. Explain"

He heaved a sigh, "Why are you being like this?".

You scoffed, "Me? Why are YOU, being like this?".

"Wonhee, I thought I've made it clear that we are friends. Why are you even pushing me away?" Woohyun mumbled, unable to know the right words to say.

"I thought you've made it clear that we are JUST FRIENDS?!" You hissed as you emphasized the word, 'just friends' infront of him.

You don't want to be rude at him. Infact, your heart flutters when he does those things for you. But the fact that you are dying and you are going to hurt him, halts you from doing so. You don't want to cry infront of him. You don't want him to see you suffering but why does he do these things for you? It's like you are falling for him more and more and you hate that fact because that increases the urge of you confessing your feelings to him which is wrong...

The only thing he knows is the fact that you are deeply in love with his friend. And you don't want to be such a in his or everyone's eyes. You are dying and you don't want to see him hurt anymore. Being like this is much more ok than being able to be with him and you can see him die more and more each day as well because of you.

"Woohyun pls stop" You sighed gently. "I know what you are trying to do. Please"
 
Woohyun rolled his eyes and then bit his lips, "Why are you stopping me from the things I want to do? Wonhee, I want to be by your side-"
 
"Well I didn't tell you that you have to be. I didn't ask you for your help. You figured out my sickness on your own" You hissed, trying to hold back your tears.
 
"I just want to help you get through this because I know this stresses you a lot" Woohyun took a step forward and gaze at you with sincere eyes.
 
"But I don't want your help. I just want you to go away. To enjoy your life. To go back to the way it supposed to be..." 
 
Woohyun scratched his head in agitation, "But why is it only me? Why did you change when you realize you've had this kind of sickness inside of you. Why did you suddenly became cold on the day.. On the day that I was gonna confess to you".
 
"Woohyun, I'm so sorry but you don't understand" You looked away trying to avoid his fixated stare 
 
"I don't understand what?"
 
"You don't understand what I feel. You don't understand the fact that you are waking up in the morning being greeted by familiar smiling faces telling you everything's gonna be alright. Do you know the way they hide the guilt and pain on their faces? It kills me. I know they are being hurt so badly but they are trying their best not to show it to me" You didn't know that you were already sobbing on Woohyun's arms but you didn't pushed him away. 
 
His arms are so magnetic and effective. You just couldnt let go. You felt safe in his arms and you couldnt stop crying.
 
"Last week, I passed by Dahae's room and I could hear her crying her heart out. I heard her asking our mom if I would have an extension from the days that the doctor told me and then my mom lied. She said miracles happen. That I can live even if I wont have any donor"
 
Woohyun rubbed your back to comfort you, "Wonhee..."
 
"Im so sick of hurting the persons I love..."
 
Woohyun kept his silence and treasured you in his arms like you are his. "Why do you keep on thinking about other persons? It.. It hurts me to see you like this".
 
You're eyes widened once you realized you shouldn't have said such things. You pushed yourself away from Woohyun and wipe your tears.
 
"I-I should go" You turn your back at him and started pacing steps.
 
"Does that mean, you love me as well?" Woohyun's face lit up and showcased a smirk.
 
"WHAT?!" You spun your heels and glared at him. 
 
"Nothing" He chuckled softly. 
 
You frowned and continue pacing steps when you heard him call your name. You didn't look back and continued walking without even knowing where your feet would take you. 
 
 
You bit your lips as hot tears begin to welled up inside your eyes. You felt your phone ring on your pocket and realized it was a phone call from Myungsoo. You halt your steps infront of your locker inside the faculty room on the institution's elementary school.
 
You wiped your tears and adjusted your voice before you answer him.
 
"Hello Myung" You forced a smile as you settled down on the wooden chair sat infront of you.
 
"Guess what?!" Myungsoo couldn't help but smile on his seat inside their van.
 
"Uhm.. What?" You furrowed your eyebrows expecting his answer.
 
"We've found you a donor!!"
 
You spaced out. Did you heard that right or were you just imagining things out? So you ask him once again to clarify what he said, "I'm sorry, What?"
 
"I said, we've found you a donor! You're going to get your surgery on Saturday! Noona, You're going to be better! Y-You are going to be alive I can feel it" You heard him choked and realized that he's been crying on the other line too.
 
You couldn't help the tears flowing from your eyes, it was a mix of relief and excitement. You suddenly felt the hope inside of you building up. You can't believe it, you're life is going to be extended and God knows how you truly thank him for it.
 
"Hello, Are you still there?!" He called from the other line.
 
You opened your mouth but you can't speak because words just won't get out of your mouth. All you did was cry and cry and he gave you time to cry your heart out on him. 
 
He gave you comforting words and said that he'll hang up since you need a time on your own and you're glad that he could understand you even if you don't say a single word.
 
When you're finally done with your business, you opened the door to your locker and realized that there are tons of petals inside and there lays three red roses that has a note plastered on each one of them. 
 
They only have one word on each and every note plastered on them but a word could mean a thousand meaning, right?
 
And it says "I", "Will" & "Wait" on the stems of the flower.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

[ a/n: Hello guys! It's been almost 3 months since I last updated this story. I know! It's been quite long enough but let me have this moment to apologize for the slow update. I think this would be a good time for me to return back to writing since I've been immersed to some school stuffs (its hard to be a college student, guys /sobs) and I'm glad that its our semestral break  so I think I could write more often. Anyways, thank you for still subscribing to this story, I really appreciate it. Much love to you guys. Thank youuuu~ ]