Chapter 56

우린 용원히 (My Forever)

 

You could smell the sweet aroma of rose and carnation as you regain your consciousness. Your body feels so numb and you couldn't open your eyes because of the heavy drowsiness that you are still feeling because of the surgery that's been done on you.

A certain tear slipped out of your eyes as you let out a meek smile as you hear someone opened the door of your room. You didn't know who that person is but you are still happy because the surgery went well and you are still alive, now.

You stirred on your position but the nurse came to rush for you to help you sit on the bed. 

"Miss, don't move- Wait!" She shouted.

You squinted your eyes to look at her. Your eyes are still heavy but you decided to open it to gain consciousness on your surroundings. You cleared your throat as you looked at her assist you on your seat.

"How long have I been asleep?" You looked at her, still with a blurry vision on your eyes.

"It's been 3 days, Miss Wonhee" She smiled at you as she arranges the flowers she brought today.

You just realized that your room is full of balloons and food baskets on the ground and then there are bouquets of dark red carnations and red roses on the table.

"Whoa! It's been 3 days and I only had a surgery but it feels like I'm going to die anytime soon. I thought I'm going to extend a little but of my life?" You retorted as you pick one of the carnations to smell.

"If I'm going to die in the hands of a romantic guy like him, I'll definitely choose that path rather than to live longer & just die alone without anyone caring and loving me" She said in a dreamy manner as she continue to arrange the flowers.

You chuckled inwardly because of her gullibility. "I think you've mistaken my brother as my boyfriend".

"Really? I see. But I know who-" She nodded in understanding, but not convinced.

"He put so much effort in bringing these flowers, huh?" You interrupted as you let out a sweet smile as you eyed her on what she's doing.

"That's strange because there is always this delivery man bringing  you these flowers every day. Your brother may bring food baskets for you but I've never seen him bring you any flowers nor your friends, as far as I can remember" She pursed her lips as she tried to explain that thought to you.

Your eyes widened, "Wait, friends? How many are they?". You looked at her expectantly, secretly waiting for her to mention Woohyun because even though no matter how hard you tried to conceal it, the feelings would still remain to be there.

"Hmmm.. I think they were six. Five guys and one girl to be exact. You surely have some beautiful looking friends, miss. They look like they came out of the TV screen. I think they kind of look like some celebrities based on how they dress" She smiled sheepishly.

"In this silly age of mine, I never get to watch TV nowadays cause all I ever do is work all day. But yeah, they were all handsome looking men and the girl is a little bit stylish, as well"

5 guys and 1 girl? Hmmm.. But they should be 7. You are guessing the girl to be Haeri. Why are they only 6 of them? That means one of the boys had missed visiting you. Or maybe, one of the boys had left to shoot some drama or something. But even though you keep on supplementing nice thoughts on your head, your heart keeps telling you that it's Woohyun who missed visiting you.

You mentally slapped yourself because you still think about him after all. And you couldn't help but feel curious about the other person who didn't visit you so you made her describe each of the boys, if she could and she did. And as she describe each of them gamely, your heart grew disappointed because until the end of her description, she never mention anything about Woohyun and that made you sulk at your seat.

"A-Are you sure, it's only them who came to visit me? Are you sure you didn't forget a certain person or something?" You fiddled your fingers, nervously.

"Ahh! I forgot to mention your mom! She's here for you all the time except for the time she's going to work and then either your sister or brother would come here for you" She said confidently.

You bit your lip and fake a smile. You were kind of disappointed because Woohyun really didn't go there to visit you. You frowned because you thought he would wait, you thought he would be there even if you push him away.

"Wait. I remember them mentioning a guy's name, What is it? Woo.. Boo.. Hoo.. hyan? hyun?"

"Woohyun?!" You answered hurriedly.

"Yeah. Woohyun! They keep telling you about him being sorry not visiting you. They keep saying about this 'business he have to do'. But I never get to see him here. Correct me if I'm wrong but is he your boyfriend?" She blushed asking you that question since she know it would be quite a sensitive question, for her to interfere.

You smiled at her and then looked away, "N-No. He's just a friend".

"Ahhh! A special friend indeed" She teased as she adjust the vase.

You opened your mouth to protest, "No-".

"By the way, Aren't you curious about the guy who donated you his bone marrow?" She smiled but she didn't wait for your response because she gave you a clean and white envelope, completely sealed and crisp enough to say that it was only prepared earlier that day.

"What is this? Wait. Is he still here? Is he okay? Can I go talk to him and thank him for this?" You felt your eyes shine out of excitement. You wanted to thank the person who saves and extent your life.

"Please. Please tell me where he is, I wanted to go and thank him personally" You readied your foot to balance yourself on the ground but she came to rush for your help.

She gave you a gentle smile, "Wait. Don't rush yourself too much. He woke up just as I am about to leave his room. He ask me to give you this and told me that if you want to see him, you have to go to the rooftop. I think he's been waiting for you to wake up. I was surprise that you didn't look for him when you first woke up".

"He seem to know you by the way he asks for your condition ever since he woke up yesterday" She muttered.

"Know me?" You asked, flabbergasted.

"Yes" She nodded confidently.

"Can I know his name?" You incquired hopefully but instead she gave you a smile in response and said,

"I would be glad to tell you his name but please meet him at the roof top to know who he is". And with that, she bid goodbye to you saying she needs to go check up on some patients.

"Ohhh! And Uhm, By the way, He is the one who ask me to give you those exquisite red roses and carnations on your vase right there. Funny how, he requested us to always put those in there beside you. Looks like your donor is your admirer, Miss Wonhee" She smirked and then closed the door.

The way she answered you left you in awe and wondering. You suddenly had the urge to go up and see who is the person behind this. You set your foot on the ground and held the metal dextrose holder before you let your foot drag you to the elevator. Whoever this mystery guy is, I definitely should come and see him because I owe him my life

 

 


 

[ a/n : Tadaaaa! Double update! Just accept this as a little token to make up for the 3 month delay I caused. I hope you tune for more. I love you all ^^]