My heart tells me, though

Hello, Onew-appa

 

The next day Onew woke up, there was no Soojin, nor Sooki, inside the house. What welcomed him was the maid who was asking for a leave since Sooki won’t be home for long. He agreed and few minutes later…

The whole house was being occupied by Onew alone.

The SHINee members were debating whether to go to him and console him, but they decided to leave him alone. They know their hyung always likes to think things over by being alone. The only thing that can mend his heart right now is time.

Onew dialed Lee Sooman’s phone.

“You told us we have 3 month vacation to spend, right? Can I have some time on Jeju Island alone?” Since Lee Sooman gave that vacation to them so he agreed.  He will be the one paying for everything he needs in the vacation.

He dialed Jonghyun’s number after. “I’m going somewhere for a while, can you guys take care of yourselves well?”

“Sure hyung, but you must look after yourself well, too.” Jonghyun said.

They didn’t bother asking where he will go. Because he didn’t say it, so it means he doesn’t want to let them know.

He decided to go to his parents before going to the airport. His mom just hugged him tightly, letting him know that everything will be alright soon.

“You’re my son, and I want you to know umma will always be right by your side. Everybody else will fail you, but not me, not your mother, my dear.” She said as she caressed Onew’s cheeks.

The only child is loved by his parents that much. His father came in too and hugged both of them, while rubbing his head as if he was a little boy.

“You grew so much we didn’t even notice you are already experiencing one of the hardest things in your life. Son, never forget to use your heart purely. The mind can tell you what’s right, but heart will always tell you the things that can make you happy, and those decisions that come from the heart, are never the wrong ones.” He said.

“We’ll let you decide on your own… but please dear, I hope you don’t get to decide on the wrong one. Take care of yourself well, we love you so much.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On the yellow flower field was where Onew stands, with his eyes closed, head up, allowing the gentle movement of wind to touch his skin, breathing in, smelling the fresh sweetness of the air.

Images of Soojin and Sooki smiling at him appeared, he answered them with a smile, too. He opened his eyes and found nothing but the field.

This vacation was supposed to be for the three of us…

His eyes starting to wet with the thought of Sooki and Soojin. He feels happy just by thinking of them, but somewhere in his heart is an ache. He aches to be with them again.

It’s already 2 weeks since he started the vacation in Jeju Island. The first week was full of painful activities. Drinking nonstop, crying to sleep, shouting at the wide empty field, etc.

Now, he is in the process of cooling everything down. He has those silent moments when he will just think about what to do, what he did, and what will be the end of it.

No cellphone. No computer. No connection to the world he left 2 weeks ago. He seems to be giving his life some off days where he could do freely what he wants, and can think freely what he wants to think.

“My heart says she’s mine… Lee Sooki is my child. Every bits of her is telling me I’m her father. Why did I ever doubt her?”

“And Soojin, the one person I love with all my heart… I shouldn’t let her go. I need to see them, and be with them again. They are my family, and family never leaves each other.”

Little by little, Onew started to face his fears.

I know very well that Sooki is my daughter…

But if she is not, I won’t mind.

I love my daughter as much as I love her mother…

They are the two people who complete me and showed me what happiness means.

They are the missing pieces of my forever unsolved puzzle.

I should be the one depending them all these time.

I should be the one facing the judgmental people for them.

I should be the one standing strong for the two loveliest girls of my life..

My daughter.

My wife.