Baby Sitter 3

Hello, Onew-appa

 

“But Onew-ssi… Shouldn’t she be able to talk a lot with her age?” Onew was talking to a sunbae she’s close to.

“Soo Jin told me she used to talk a lot before meeting us. I don’t know. I also want to hear her talk a lot, noona.”

“Maybe she’s adjusting? I mean. She’s probably just a 3 year old kid, but I think she’s smart enough to have a little knowledge about what was going on.” She explained. “Like, in a span of a very short time she was able to meet a lot of people, for the very first time. That’s why I think she stopped opening up for a while, adjusting to the new environment, with different people.”

“But she’ll be able to talk a lot again, right?”

“Yes. If you just show her you can be trusted, Soo Ki will soon open up and talk a lot.”

Onew looked at his daughter on his side.

I want you to talk to me. I want you to communicate. I want you to put your trust soon to Appa, Soo Ki-ah.

The day ended there and all of them soon went home tired.

“Are you sure you don’t want someone to accompany you, hyung?” Taemin said.

Don’t be misleading about Taemin’s concern to his hyung and Soo Ki. He’s actually more concern at the foods on the fridge.

“No, you can rest now, Taeminnie. We can handle it.” Onew said and entered the gate while holding Soo Ki’s one hand. He’s too tired to carry her now. He’s afraid Soo Ki might fall.

“Come on, Soo Ki. Let’s wash and go to sleep. Appa is too tired.” He said, shoulders almost falling at the floor.

Soo Ki looked up at his appa and pulled his hands. “Appa, Appa.” She called.

Onew knelt down and face his daughter. “Yes, my baby?” He said dearly, eyes almost closing from being so exhausted.

He was closing his arms when he felt short and little arms around his neck. It’s warm and the feeling of comfort surrounded him.

“Soo Ki-ah.” He called softly as she hugs him tightly.

“Appa… Soo Ki-gah… Saranghamnida.” She said sweetly and then planted a little kiss on Onew’s cheek.

“Soo Ki… did you treat my exhaustion just now?” Onew smiled at his daughter. She smiled back and nodded happily.

“Deh, Appa!!” She said.

“And you’re starting to talk a lot, too!!” He felt super happy.

“Because Soo Ki talked a lot just now, appa is giving her a piggy back ride. Ride now, baby!” He chuckled.

Soo Ki happily hopped on Onew’s back.

They have already eaten before coming home. Key was afraid Onew will forget to feed her dinner so he forced the group to dine out before going home.

Onew and Soo Ki brushed their teeth together.

Jinki-appa helped Soo Ki changed to her pajamas.

“Okay… Since Umma is not here tonight, Soo Ki should sleep beside Appa. Is that okay?”

“De, Appa!” Soo Ki said happily and jumped into Onew’s bed.

“It’s big!!” She shouted. “Ah!! Appa!! My friend!!!” She shouted as soon as she saw a tokki sitting on Onew’s bed.

“Your friend? I want to meet your friend, too, Soo Ki ah.” He said dearly.

“But… Appa and Tokki are friends!” She said.

Onew felt really amused at how Soo Ki can talk fast and clear.

“We are friends?”

“De, appa! Tokki told me! Look!” She said happily. “Oh…” She pouted. “Appa…  Let’s get Tokki 1.” She was pertaining to the toy they bought on the store.

“Why?”

“She’ll be sad. I’m not there.”

They went to Soo Jin’s and Soo Ki’s room to get Tokki 1.

……

Soo Ki was sleeping soundly next to Onew while he looks at her.

In less than a month you changed a lot to appa, Soo Ki-ah.

You didn’t know how afraid I am for having you in my life.

But now that I already do, I’m the happiest father in the world.

I might be lacking in a lot of aspects.

But please forgive appa for a while because I’m still new to this.

I promise appa will get better at everything for Soo Ki.

I promise that Soo Ki and umma will be happy.

Thank you for brightening up appa’s world, my dear baby.

“Saranghae~” He planted a kiss on Soo Ki’s forehead and hugged her tightly until he falls fast asleep.