Back Me Up

Hello, Onew-appa

 

 

Soo Ki and Soo Jin were sitting at the living area that morning while watching the kid’s favorite morning show when someone called. It was Onew.

He told her his sunbaes want to see the house they just have and have a house warming celebration today. “Should I say yes?” He asked her.

But she can’t say no, right? She told him it’s okay and asked him what she will cook and what to prepare for the celebration.

“Just cook whatever you want. It will always taste better, after all.” Onew answered. “Just make sure there are enough for everybody. Consider DBSK, Super Junior, EXO K, and SHINee’s number.” He said.

That’s a lot. Soo Jin suddenly felt nervous. Aside from SHINee, there are no other idols along SM that she had met in person, at least as Onew’s wife.

DBSK will come. What should I do? The cassie in Soo Jin’s heart was still there of course.

She rushed on the market to buy what will be needed for the tonight’s event.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<< 

The car noise outside gave Soo Jin a heart attack. They arrived. She already finished preparing everything. The food, the drinks, the glasses, and plates are already set. She and Soo Ki just finished fixing themselves.

“You should smile to everyone, huh, Soo Ki? So they will like and love you, little baby.”

Then Jonghyun came in first. “Soo Ki-ah!!” He went straight to her and lifted her up. Jonghyun greeted Soo Jin with a smile and winked at her playfully.

What was that for?

The suddenly, Onew came in and grabbed Soo Jin’s hand. “If you may excuse us for a while, my wife is always embarrassed in front of many people so I should brief her first.” With a quick move they ran upstairs and went inside Onew’s room.

“Wait, what’s happening?” Soo Jin asked when Onew closed the door of his room.

“Look, Soo Jin I’m really sorry.” He stated first. “But… on our way here, a couple of reporters told us they are going to have an inside scoop with SHINee. We told them we can do that later but they refused, and told us they already have a permission from SMEnt to interview us. I had really no choice. They went with us so I guess we really need to act as a real couple right now.”

Soo Jin went “Huh?!” on Onew’s face. “Couple?!”

Onew nodded. “And Lee Teuk hyung said those reporters are antis of SM Entertainment, especially Lee Soo Man. We should really be careful in front of them. According to what I heard, they are expert in unveiling the truth. One wrong move and they’ll suspect us, then we’re going to be doomed the next day.”

“Okay I got it.” She said, but it’s obvious that she is nervous.

“If they ask you something, if you’re not sure what to answer, you can just simply smile and not answer it. You’re not obliged because they have no permission to interview you and besides, you’re a private person so it’s understandable that you practice privacy.” He smiled at her again. “But I think you know it all.” He said.

“Eh-heh.” Right now she can’t really laugh. She’s very very nervous.

“Come on.” Onew was about to open the door when Soo Jin suddenly held his hand. She showed him her nervous expression.

Onew smiled at the scenery he just witness now. I’ve always thought you will never need me to stand on your side. “Hold my hand, and it’ll be okay.”

The smile on Onew’s face reflected as they went out of the room, traveling along the hallway, down to the staircase, then in front of all the male idols in SM Entertainment, including 2 female reporters, 2 photographers, and a cameraman.

It was like a press conference / fanmeeting / photoshoot / public event. Soo Jin can hear the click of the camera.

“You just act normally and pretend like there’s no camera.”

(A/N: I must be professional but please let me cry upon seeing that photo above. :’(( :’(( Tears all over the floor now.)

The camera went towards Onew and it focused him.

Of course, he knows what to do.

“Yeah. Everyone, we are here at our house and we are currently in the middle of the housewarming celebration. SHINee sunbae and hoobaes are gathered here tonight to have dinner with us and at least get some drinks.” He told the camera professionally.

“Can you introduce your wife to us?” The reporter uttered after he talked.

“Oh yeah, on my side right now is my very beautiful wife who just came back from China with our 1st daughter. Say hi to them, jagi~” He said and gently pressed Soo Jin’s hand as a signal.

“Deh, Annyonghasaeyo, ireobun. I am Park Soo Jin. I’m glad you’ve come visit our home tonight.” She smiled shyly, very natural to someone who just faced the camera for the first time.

Onew eased her nervousness by leaving her hand and wrapping his arms around her waist instead. But darn, he didn’t know that just increased Soo Jin’s tension of the moment.

“There. There is our cute little baby talking to her uncles.” Onew pointed out Soo Ki. “Isn’t she the cutest thing?”

“Ah, Ms. Soo Jin. We know that both of you have gone privately dating since Onew-ssi debuted as a singer. How do you feel now that your relationship was being publicized?”

Soo Jin looked at Onew. She was trying to ask him if she should answer it or not. Onew just smiled at her dearly.

“Well.. Uhm..” She has a feeling that Onew will rescue her anytime. But she should at least try to say something, right?

“It was hard being out in public at first, but I realized lately it was even more difficult to hide things out. I mean, I’ve been hiding like a prison ever since Onew and I got married. I even had to go to China to give birth to Soo Ki and raise her there. Being known by the public as Onew’s wife gives me a lot of pressure, but at the same time it also gives me the assurance that …” Suddenly, Soo Jin ran out of words.

“that??” Onew tried to lure her into finishing her words.

“that… that no one’s gonna steal you away from me?”

All of them giggled after hearing Soo Jin’s statement.

Soo Jin suddenly felt embarrassed to what she all said. To her despair of hiding herself she immediately went at Onew’s back.

She freaking can’t control herself that she didn’t even realize what she was doing.

Luckily, everything was captured by the camera.