You can't just walk away

Hello, Onew-appa

 

Do you miss me, my baby? Umma's going to be home soon!” Soojin was sitting at the bus while she's waiting to reach her destination. She was away for almost 4 days because of an event that she needed to attend.


 

It was a long ride. For her not to get bored, she looked over Sooki's photos on her phone and smiled at them. She really loved seeing her 3 year old baby girl's face.


 

Park Soo Ki is her everything. She's Soojin's greatest treasure. Remembering how precious her child is, she started to get teary eyes. Somehow she wants to thank Onew for giving her the most beautiful thing she has. Though Onew might not know about his daughter's existence, she will be forever thankful and know she owe her baby to him as well.


 

He might not know, but one thing I can promise is I will never ever let his daughter hurt and suffer. I just hope he finds his happiness soon as well.


 

Finally after several minutes, she arrived at their residence and reached their home. “Sooki-ah?! Umma's here!” She said loudly and excitedly. Her mother appeared coming from the kitchen.


 

Oh.. you came.” Her mother.


 

Deh. Where's Sooki? Is she upstairs?” She asked and her brother Jaejin came out suddenly. There was a hint of nervousness on his face.


 

Now, Jaejin. You need to explain to your noona what you did.”


 

Oh? What happened?” Before she could get to answer, her phone suddenly rang. She took it out while looking confused at the two of them. “Yes?”


 

Soojin-ah?! What happened to Sooki?!” It was her officemate.


 

Sooki?! Why?!”


 

Her photo has surfaced on line. She was seen on SHINee's dorm this morning. What happened? Are you related to any SHINee member? Some fans said she looked like a member's daughter.” She informed.


 

What?!” Soojin threw an automatic look at Jaejin. All the while, it has been her brother who always forced her to go to Onew and introduce his daughter to him – but she always refused because she really didn't want to be involved with him.


 

During that one time when Soojin had to be away for work, Jaejin did it himself. “What did you do?! Aish!” She hit her brother's chest in anger. “Who told you to give my daughter away?!”


 

I was just -” He stopped when Soojin suddenly went out of their house.


 

Noona!!”


 

I need to get my daughter from him!”


 

*** *** ***


 

Are you sure she's okay?” Onew silently peeked at Sooki as the little girl silently watched television on the living area. “I think the cartoon she's watching is really funny, but she didn't even smile or chuckle, and.. I don't think she's even blinking.”


 

Kids are weird, hyung. You need to understand that.” Key said as he chopped some veggies for dinner. “And you can't expect her to run around enjoying her surrounding. I bet right now, she's wondering why she's in a different place. Come on, sit beside her. It was said in the letter that she'll cry when left alone so...”


“I can't Key. What if she cried by my presence?”


 

Aish, hyung.. can you please be brave?! You're actually afraid of a 3 year old baby girl – which happens to be your baby.”


“But...”


 

There was a doorbell. “I'll get it.” He said and ran to open the door.


 

He froze. The one who welcomed his sight the moment he opened the door was a very familiar girl.


 

She looked so much like the girl four years ago, except that her hair is longer now, with curls at the end.


 

Though she was already expecting it, Soojin was still surprise and speechless to see Onew again. She didn't know she will feel that way – nervous and unable to say a single thing.


 

Who's that, hyung?” Minho peeked at the door with Jonghyun. They saw Soojin standing outside.


 

She looked like Sooki.” Jonghyun whispered. “...but she looks so young to be a mother.”


 

My... my daughter.” That was what Soojin can only utter. Onew opened the door a bit wider and allowed Soojin to enter. She did – passing by Jonghyun and Minho. She didn't even care – which made the two disappointed.


 

Oh I hope she knows we're SHINee.” Jonghyun chuckled.


 

Umma!!!!!” Sooki shouted, jumped off the couch and ran to her mother. Soojin knelt down and welcomed her baby's big embrace.


 

Wow! I miss my baby's hug!” She said and almost cried because really – four days was the longest time she had ever been seperated with her daughter. She couldn't even leave her for about an hour before but then she had to endure 4 days without Sooki.


 

I miss you, Sooki-ah... Should we go home?” Sooki nodded so Soojin immediately lifted up her daughter and looked at Onew. “I apologize if there was any trouble she had brought you.” She said and started walking out.


 

Wait. Ms- ah...” He called but realized that he didn't even know her name. “About Sooki.. I... I am willing to...”


 

It's okay.” Soojin said. “We're not going to trouble you anymore. My brother over here did this without my knowledge so I deeply apologize. Don't worry..”


 

Oh hyung, you're allowing her to leave? But Sooki is your daughter. You are responsible for her.” Jonghyun said, helping his hyung out who was seem to be out of words.


 

It's okay. I don't think you need to be reliable over this. I have been raising her for three years and it's okay if I raise her alone. Really, don't worry about her.”


 

But wait, we want to be with Sooki, too.” Key went out of the kitchen helping in. Soojin didn't say a thing and started walking out again but her brother stopped her.


 

Come on, noona. They want to know Sooki, too. Why don't we give them a chance?” He asked.


 

Back off, Jaejin-ah. This is all your fault. I told you we don't need anyone of them. I can raise Sooki alone and I can give her everything. Thanks for your concern my brother but really, let's not give Sooki a hard time. Move aside.”


“Please, Ms -”


 

Park Soojin.” Jaejin answered in behalf of his noona and Soojin rolled an eye.


 

It was 6 against her. SHINee plus Jaejin versus herself. Tough fight.


 

Soojin-ssi... I think it would be better if you give me some chance to be with my daughter.” He said. Soojin looked at him.


 

As much as I don't want to talk about this in front of my daughter but I think it will not be a good idea. You should forget about her and focus on your career. Thank you.”


 

She didn't want to argue so for the nth time, no one could stop her from going away.


 

At least, that's what she thought.


 

As soon as they stepped out of the house, there were bunch of sasaeng fans waiting outside the dorm. “Oh look! Is she the mother of that child! Yah! What are you doing with our oppas?!!!” She shouted. Soojin had to take a step back because she was worried someone might just hit her or worse – her daughter.


 

She glared at her brother. “See?! I told you this would happen!!” She said.