Counting Down

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Shuffle shuffle....*

A few seconds later.

*Shuffle shuffle shuffle*

"What are you doing?!" MY sat up in frustration.

Checking the tableside lamp which reads a little past midnight, they got to bed earlier tonight as she was feeling a little unwell but it also means he has been in this mode for almost two hours.

"Sorry sorry" he sat up running fingers through his hair in complete misery, "trying to find a better position to sleep."

MY sighed in exasperation, "Can't you just sleep like how you use to sleep?"

SJ looked at her like she has just said a horror story, "No way.... what if I hurt you?"

MY rolled her eyes in desperation, "Stop it..."

After knowing that he could be a father they found time to head down to a gynaecologist together just to make sure that all was okay. Indeed the gynae not only confirmed that she was pregnant, she also congratulated the couple for a very healthy looking baby. MY's health was in great condition and the baby, even thou early, had every sign of a good start.

SJ was almost jumping in joy at those news, he was holding in so much excitement that not only his ears were bright red, his face look so radiant that MY couldn't help smiling just by looking at the joy in his face. 

But that was when the gynae let out another news which drained off all the colour on his face, "But Mr. Park, I would have to warn you... no vigorous exercise, especially in the next two to three months."

MY was surprised first, she asked if her current schedule of yoga and pilates might be affected but the doctor was really happy that she had a regular routine of stretching. Encouraging MY to continue with her routine just not to overly exert and always listen to her body. And that was when the doctor clarify, "Vigorous exercise is not about the stretching... more of you two."

MY and SJ looked at each other, unclear of what the gynae meant.

"Don't understand?" The gynae asked before raising both hands and doing the action of palm hitting a fist "No this...."

And the room went silent before MY cleared intentionally to kill the awkwardness. SJ didn't had much reaction but only took a deep gulp and he was soft since then. So gentle and soft that MY was feeling uneasy. 

He only bumped into her slightly in the kitchen and he repel so much that she was wondering if he had just touched boiling water. She was too used to him sticking around and having his hands all around that she's feeling all out of love suddenly.

Just like now, she waited for him to pull her into his arms so that they could nest together hearing each other's breath as they fall asleep. But not tonight, he helped her into the bed yes, but right after he tucked her in he scooted to one corner and tried to put a river between them.

She was too tired to bother, but he was so restless after that she can't help but be bothered. To be honest at this level of exhaustion plus his action she should be really irritated but the look on his face made her soften her stance. 

"You do know that the doctor said that we just had to avoid , not avoid physical contact right?" MY asked.

SJ forced his eyes shut and take a few deep breaths, "No no no... I better keep my distance."

MY rolled her eyes again, "You sure about this?"

And there was silence as the other forced his eyes shut hoping to fall asleep. MY lay back into bed just to be disrupted by his fidgeting again.

This can't do...

*Sneeze* MY faked and SJ‘s eyes shot open immediately.

*Sniff sniff* MY did a louder one this round and just as she expected, he scooted close, "Are you cold?"

MY pouted and acted all pitiful and that ticked SJ in all the right way... he wrapped his arm around her and scooped back into the position which they always took before all these "I can't touch my pregnant wife" issue.

Back in his arm, laying on his chest hearing his heartbeat, she gave a satisfied smile followed by a long yawn. It has been an eventful day, from confirming that she is carrying their child to getting all the well wishes from family and friends. Everything seemed to be on a fast forward mode and she didn't really had the time to digest so she's grateful for this peace now.

Taking in a deep breath of his presence everything seemed calm and quiet now as she whispered, "Thank you..."

Expecting a question or a reply, the only response she could hear faint snoring. With his arm secured around her, he has got into his comfort zone.

And of course, he had a wild day too.

****Halfway Mark****

He thought he heard the door creaked open and true enough within seconds someone joined him on the sofa.

"Can't sleep?" He asked, kissing her forehead gently as she snuggled into his chest.

"Dehhh...had too much during dinner..." MY yawned her reply.

They had just came back from a friend's gathering, one which finally happened after so many months since MY had been struggling with her appetite. Now that she no longer shunned away from her favourite m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter