Game Changer 3

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You should go out!" His mum shoved him one more time, "You haven't been here for a while so I bet the rest of the guys miss you, go.. go out and meet your friends!"

"But..." SJ was stuttering as he looked at her with longing eyes.

She, however, blinked helplessly as if letting him know that he should probably listen to his mum cause there was no other choice.

"Even if I am going out to meet the guys, she should come with me no?" Scooting back beside her, he managed to dodge his mum somehow.

"You had the whole morning to introduce her to your uncle but you didn't, I had to be the one introducing her to your family and now you want to take her away from us? No way!" His mum found her way to him and started tugging onto the cap hanging off his hoodie and dragging him across the living room, opening the main gate along the way and pushing him out.

"Out you go!!" She said before closing the door in his face.

That wasn't his plan... he thought, pouting to the closed front door, it shouldn't go this way....

Dragging his feet to the lift he looked back at the door with one more longing gaze, hoping that all these were just a joke and somehow his mum will open the door with a laugh.

And the door did open, his face lit up.

She poked her head out of the door and chuckled, "Omma says don't come back before dinner!!" 

And the door was shut again.

Giving a huge sigh, he has to replan all his things again.

****Back in his house****

She might look all calm and composed, but inside her stomach was twisting, somehow regretting that she asked his mom to prepare seafood pancake for her cause now, the whole family was staring at her from across the table.

Throuhgout these months she has familiarize herself with his parents but that were the days when they made it a point to travel down to Seoul to see him. Schedules has not always allowed interactions, she couldn't say that she was already comfortable yet.

When he said he wanted to bring her home to see his friends, she really took the words literally and friends was not one of the main concerns in her checklist. She knows her strengths well enough and she knows that friends (aged 26-35) was never a hurdle for her. 

But when it was his uncle who picked them up from the restaurant, and it was his house they were heading for... all her worries enlarged.

Was she in the right attire to meet the extended family? She should have really brought a gift along but there was basically no time to prepare!

"Here!! Seafood pancake! I prepared some mandus to go along too..." His mum chirped as she brought two steaming hot dishes out from the kitchen and settled at the table, handing her a pair of chopsticks. 

MY stared at the rest of the family members nervously, wondering why was there only a pair of chopsticks. Was everyone going to look at her eat?

"Go on.. eat! All these are prepared for you! The rest of us have already had lunch." His mum confirmed her fears.

She looked another round the table and true enough, everyone do look radiant, she must be the only one pale from not having lunch at this hour. Her eyes rested on his uncle, the uncle who brought them out for lunch earlier and he shifted at his seat.

Please don't... she could hear thought. 

"You should have told me that you didn't want pork bone soup earlier!!" 

She forced a smile, holding her breath thinking of her response.

"Oh please brother, how is it her fault when it's your nephew who didn't take care of her!" MY mother brushed aside his comment quickly, "And everyone, stop staring at her with such intense, you are frightening the lady!"

She smiled thankfully to his mom who was giving her a slight nod of encouragement. All the other family members shifted in their seats to relax a little but that uncle didn't nudge. Picking up her chopsticks she could feel her fingers tremble and as ever things just had to happen.

Plap

Due to her nerves, she dropped a mandu just before it reaches her plate. The sound was defeaning, looking at the fallen mandu on the table she wanted to die. 

After a moment of silence, a deep manly laughter echoed through the room. 

"Hahahahahha.... you really are bad at your chopsticks ain't you? Just like how the BTS showed!!" That same uncle started roaring. 

She could feel steam in her ears but looking up, everyone was smiling along.

"Oh all these feel so real now! You sitting here in our house and having snacks... ahahaha.. you weren't speaking much earlier so it does feel like you were just an image just now!" He continued.

She relaxed a little, but quickly scooped the fallen mandu back into the spoon and send it into , face brightening up with her iconic smile.

"Look at that smile... she just made your food seemed like it's 1-Michelin standard!!" That uncle teased again.

"Omeoni's food is really nice.." She was quick to defend.... too quick as that mandu is still full in .

Frozen again, she should have finished

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter