His Final Lap

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After ensuring that the door was closed and she was not intending to walk out anytime soon, Hansung (V) stared at SJ and asked, "Wasn't that too harsh?"

"Shut up!!" SJ snapped then with a straight face he laughed "hahahahaha!"

The other guys stared at him stunned before he whispered under his breath, "Keep the conversation going, else she would wonder what we are doing..."

"O....hahahahaha! Oh yes, that was really funny." And the other guys chirped in their laughters with random conversations which made no apparent sense. 

Ara stood there with her arms folded, shaking her head. 

***Inside the room***

She can't stop. The moment she shut the door behind her, her tears just kept coming over and over.

"Pabo Minyoung!" She hit her head lightly, "Why are you crying now?"

With deep breaths she tried to regain her compsure, counting backwards she repeated that again and again till she feel herself calming down.

It was then when something at the corner of the room caught her eyes, walking forward she picked it up.

"He brought it with him..." She mumbled, tears threatening to fall again.

Earlier on she only had the chance to scan through it, even so she remembered quite a bit of the content vividly. Hearing the chatters ongoing outside she rolled her eyes, taking the book she found a comfortable space on the bed to sit on, "He definitely don't need me outside."

Flipping through the book, she continued to marvel at the details of every new page. 

Every new picture showed the growth of Park SeoJoon, or Park YongKyu which Ara had addressed him earlier. From the kiddo acting all grown up, with his shirt tugged out and tie let loose with that defiant expression on his face, to a man who look so protective beside her. 

In the later photo you could clearly see how they cherished each other, the whole group of them seemed to slowly resemble each other. Even on the page with what seemed like a class yearbook photo, the boys were all separated according to height but there is this... invisble attachment and a similar smile on each of them which made you know at once that they are part of a clique.

Every moment made a memory, together the book was filled of memories so full of an undescribable feeling which tugged her heart strings continuously. 

Just how close are these guys... and how much did Ara adored him? Every smile Ara wore were so apparent that she was literally wearing her heart on her sleeves, letting the world know proudly that this person here is mine. And a smaller voice echoed, would I be ever that brave enough to give the same kind of innocent love like she did?

Closing the book she in a big glup of air, she can't recall from which part of the book did she stop remembering how to breath. And this book just made her heart a few times heavier than it was, and the big question was why, why did he brought it along?

Losing all strength she crashed backwards onto the bed, the book slipped from her hands and fell onto the floor lightly. 

She raised her hand over her head, she couldn't tell if it was a bad headache or did she started feeling feverish. She didn't exactly comprehend her current emotions, there was a good mix - mix of understanding that this is the past of the man she loves, he displays the same kind of affections around her so this wasn't news. But there was this other part of questions, questions of why did he took that long to introduce all these part of him to her, and why is it only now.

These two days definitely set a toll on her, adding on the exhaustion of the last hectic week of Her Private Life's production, she was really on the verge of losing it.

But she told herself not to do anything out of rash, that's not wise.

Closing her eyes as a tear slipped out, "No confrontation, no questioning, nothing now... you're just tired and that's why everything seemed bigger and more important than it is..." she tried convincing herself again, curling into a ball trying to blank out her thoughts as tears continued to fall.

----------------------------------------------

After what seemed to be an hour, the bedroom door creaked open as he peered in. The look of her curled up on bed made gave his heart an uncomfortable pang. His eyes caught the autograph book lying on the floor, showing a photo of him and Ara sharing an icecream on a bright and sunny day. He tightened his grip on the door knob.

Did he went too far?

But these are things which she needs to find out and there was no better way to let her learn about it than through this way. That was what he firmly believed.

"I'm entrusting my little girl to you okay?" SJ bite on the words her mum said which made him decide to plan this whole journey of "revisiting his past". If there was anything missing between them it would be this trip, for her to know how he grew up and for her to know the things which once made up his whole life. 

Taking one last look at the lonely figure on the bed he closed the door lightly. There was one last thing on his trip agenda which he needs to do and he needs to hurry before she gets up.

-----------------------------------------------

She froze the moment she hear the door creaked open, trying to play dead she lay still, seeking his response. But after what seemed like a century worth of moment, the door closed back again. 

Letting out a breath she flipped, looking at the ceiling expressionless. How did this trip ended up like this? The more she pondered the more she frowned, and the more she frowned the more she felt horrible. Finally she let out a bitter chuckle and she felt the sides of her face crack a little. Raising her fingers to the area she could feel the stains of the dried tears from the earlier moments. Laughing even louder now she can't believe that she just cried over one of the dumbest things on her checklist of life - getting jealous over the ex of her husband. 

Then a sense of emptiness crept through her, he could have come in and give her a hug. She would definitely relant and they can make up with a kiss like how they always do. But he chose not to, and the book which fell to the floor was still lying there showing the page of an ever-smiling couple. "He didn't even bother checking on me after seeing this...." she grumbled as she picked up the book and return it to its original location. 

Looking at the door now she contemplated if it was time to walk out. Taking another deep breath she told hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter