Game Changer 7

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who could it be?? Yes that person was obviously drunk but 30 missed call? That's insane...

SJ kept wondering to himself as he made his way into the car.

I'm sure I heard him say I love you... a crazy stalker?? But my line is extremely secure, so it has to be someone I know or someone I've spoken before otherwise the number would not be connected.

SJ asked himself continously before...

*SNAP*

He jumped in his seat.

"What are you thinking about? You were in a daze since just now!" 

MY's snapped brought him back to reality and he realised he was dangling the car keys in his right hand when the ignition switch was on the left.

"Are you okay??" She reached forward to grip his hand, "You look so pale suddenly!"

SJ took a deep breath and force a joke, "Maybe I'm just too worried that one of my friends will steal my pretty wife away!"

MY rolled her eyes deeply as she rested back into the chair. Putting his phone onto the handphone holder he perpares to start the car. 

Just then the screen lit up and he froze.

"Omma?" MY questioned out loud, "Why is my mum calling you?"

Reaching forward she took the phone off the holder and answered, "Omma! Why are you calling SJ?"

"Dehh?" the person on the other line asked. The car was so quiet that he could hear their conversation. 

"I'm sure I called you not him!" the person on the other line said, "how have things been? successful so far?"

MY quickly updated her mum on the happenings of the trip while SJ's mind was still replaying the last sentence he heard.

"I'm sure I called you not him!"

Why would MY's mum say that? It's not that her mum would never call him but usually if they were together she would attempt to reach her daughter first before him, so what's going on? 

MY ended the call shortly and handed the phone back to SJ, "Omma said that she called me but she wasn't sure why the line ended up with you." 

Then something clicked.

"Baby, could you take out your handphone?"

MY look confused but took out her phone anyway. SJ dialed something quickly and held it to his ear.

As suspected, the line got cut off immediately. 

"I think you forgot to turn off your call diversion..." SJ explained.

MY clicked onto her settings and exclaimed, "Ahhhh... no wonder my phone was so quiet since yesterday! Silly me, I switched it on that night because my phone was running low on battery but forgot to turn it off. But how did you realise?"

SJ smiled forcefully, a cold chill ran down his back. 

Could that call be for her, and if it was.... who is he? And more importantly, what does he want? Why did he keep calling and why did he say those words to her? 

He was jittery, but his thoughts were constantly disrupted by the hyper woman beside him.

"How long is the journey going to be?" she asked, fidgeting around the car stereo panel while trying to push the songs in her playlist, "I'm going to be the deejay for the journey!! Starting from this..."

Loud cheerings were heard followed by slow strumming of the guitar.. he smiled.

"Tell me something girl" He started singing together with the entrance of the singer, "Are you happy in this modern world? Or do you need more? Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?"

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter