Confronting Fear

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***DING DONG***

And he froze, face pale of all blood shades. 

She stood up to get the door but he grabbed on, "Wait wait... hang on for a minute...."

MY chuckled, using her free hand she pat on his shoulder while wringling her hands free "I don't think that's my parents..."

"How are you so sure?" He stood up to block her path, "Just a second, how do I look? Oh gosh the house looks like its in a mess.....ouchhhhh"

MY slapped his arm and hissed "I just cleaned up this afternoon! Calm down..... why would they press the bell when they have the access code?" 

Oh right.

Those last words made sense, he was really losing his mind. Sitting back to the dining table he tried to repeat his earlier action just to pretend that he was normal. Picking up his spoon and he started digging into his bibimbap, he has to finish his dinner soon so that he could start mentally preparing for their arriv.....

"Appa Omma!" 

....al.

SJ choked. 

Can't be... was his ears playing tricks on him?

Pricking his ears he listened on. There were two other voices - one he recognized and the other which he overheard a couple of times at the background of their video calls last week.

"Why bother pressing the doorbell when you know the access code?" MY asked while making her way towards the kitchen.

"Well.. we know that you have company. Better to give some signal before entering," the female voice chuckled, nudging MY slightly as they walk. 

Wait, are they teasing us? SJ listened, mouth agape with incredulity, did everyone forget that he was in the same space? 

"Ommaa...." MY whined before raising her eyebrows at him and motioned for him to close his mouth which he reflectively did. She made a pass at him with a smile and went further into the kitchen. Now he was facing with the two elders who had just arrived in front of him. 

Without thinking he raised a hand and smiled sheepishly, "Hi!"

The look on her parents made him realise that he was out of his mind, standing up abruptly he straightened his back and towered over both of her parents. They were now both looking up at him, which made him felt extremely wrong again.

He bent forward quickly and took MY's dad's hand, with a firm grip he greeted "만나서 반갑습니다 (Mannasuh bangapseumnida) Happy to meet you sir!"

He could feel his face flushing as heat rise to his ears, at this angle he could see MY biting onto her lips as she forced herself to concentrate on pouring out the food content into a bowl but she kept stealing glances at their interaction as well.

He stayed at this position for sometime waiting for a reaction but frown when it didn't came. He was dying to find out what is going on but he didn't know if it was time to straighten his back to answer his curiousity. Some elders might find it offensive for the younger generation to straighten up before they signal. 

And then a deep voice sounded, "Young man, I didn't make this trip just to watch your back..."

SJ raised his head without straightening his back and as their eyes met SJ felt a chill down his spine. 

"Dad....“ MY came over to his rescue helping him straighten up she clings onto his arm as if worried that he might just faint, "Quit bullying him!"

"Bully? I just asked a simple question and you see me as a bully?" MY dad answered with a mixed Korean with English "I can't believe that this guy has taken over your dad's place so quickly. Where was the daughter who use to tail my every move?"

"Daddyyy...." MY was about to start again but he quickly gripped onto her hands and cut her.

"Nice to meet you for the first time!" SJ made an effort to articulate his words well, "I am Park Seo Joon, MinYoung's boyfriend."

Maybe too much an effort as saliva escaped his words and landed on the senior's face.

"Omo sorry..." SJ reached forward to help just to be blocked. "It's okay," the senior said and there was silence again.

Why does everything feel so awkward today. 

The father and daughter exchanged glances, he didn't need to turn over to know that MY must have shot one of her warning stares as her dad finally moved towards the table and take a seat.

"Have a seat!" her dad finally said after a long pause. 

MY dragged the chair and toook a seat opposite her dad before tugging onto his sleeves and motioning him to sit down. Taking a deep breath he sat, a tiny voice echoed in his eardrums "here comes..."

"Yeobo can you stop drilling holes into SJ's handsome face?" The atmosphere remaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter