Game Changer 4

Every Moment was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home..." He announced, only to be replied with silence.

Where's everyone... he wondered. The television in the living room was left on and the fan was still spinning, but no one was in sights.

Walking further into the house he could hear faint sounds coming from the kitchen, they seemed to be cheering for something. He quickly discard all the things in his hands and followed the source of the sound.

"Woahhhhh..." followed by a round of applause, everyone was crowding in the kitchen looking at something. But he couldn't see what they were looking at. Maneuvering in between spaces he fought his way to the front row.

Just to be greeted by this scene.

 

It seemed like she was conducting some cooking show and everyone, including his mother, were bystanders looking on. The table was spread with well prepared ingredients and it seemed that she was preparing for a feast. 

SJ's mum noticed his entrance and scoot right beside him, nudging slightly as she said "You never told me she was such a good cook."

She looked up briefly from her frying pan and winked at him. 

He never felt prouder. 

Within the 15mins, dishes and dishes were cooked and his family started delivering all the finished items to the dining table in front. He took the chance to sneak his way near her.

"I see that you have figure a way to charm my family..." he teased.

Smiling she answered, "Well.. the secret is always love."

He slipped his hands around her waist trying to get some snuggle time, but she quickly backed her steps and shrugged him off. Pushing another plated dish in his hands she instructed, "Go help prepare the table, I'd bring out the last dish and we'd be ready to eat!"

He smiled helplessly, knowing that it might not be the best time to distract her, he disappeared quietly and followed instructions.

"ja ja ja.. here's the last dish!" She came out 5mins after him, finding her seat beside him she looked at everyone like an earnest student.

"Aigoo.. we should be the one hosting you and yet we are making you cook!" His mum sounded really apologetic. 

"Anni.. it's always a nice feeling cooking for the people you love," she answered genuinely.

He could see sparks coming out from each and everyone of his family members' eyes, she seemed to have already won over everyone's heart.

Just then the main door opened, walking in was his dad who proceeded right for the empty seat at the top of the table.

"Abeoji..." he greeted, MY took the cue to greet his father as well.

"Ah MY... your mother told me that you were here. How have you been?" He replied after acknowledged the greetings. 

"Great! Hope you've been well too abeoji!" MY replied polietly with a bow. 

"She prepared dinner today!!" SJ's mum exclaimed excitedly. 

"Oh is it?" His dad looked surprised, "Then we should quickly dig in.. let's not waste her effort!"

And everyone picked up their chopsticks. MY gripped onto her own chopstick nervously as she looked upon everyone who started with the dish nearest to them, turning straight to SJ she waited for his reaction.

He took a quick bite and turned to her smiling, nodding his head profusely. She relaxed a little but turned her head to the rest of the elders along the table.

"This is amazing!!" SJ's mum was the first to compliment. 

MY's smile widen a bit, and as everyone around the table gave their satisfactory nod, she relaxed fully.

"You can start eating too..." SJ teased softly. 

And MY started, tasting her dish for the first time that night she was really relieved that everything turned out well.

"Here, have some meat..." SJ's uncle said suddenly, putting a meat into MY's bowl which she gladly accepted and finished quickly.

It seemed like much progressions were made during his absence, and he was really thankful for it.

Dinner was carried out quickly and amicably, most were complimenting MY for her cooking abilities and others were just helping each other with more food. Just one person kept his silence throughout the dinner, but he wasn't one who talks until he finishes his food so SJ kept himself on his toes until this moment...

"So kids... what are you plans?" His father asked, putting down his chopsticks.

SJ have already prepared himself well enough for this incoming question so he answered readily, "Well first plans is for her to meet Samchoon and Imo. Now that she has also managed to meet the rest of the family I would be introducing her to my friends tomorrow!"

SJ's dad nodded his head slowly, as if digesting his words. 

"What I meant was the wedding.. what are you plans for that??" He asked after a brief pause. 

From the corner of his eyes, SJ see MY stiffen up, reaching over he rest his hands on her lap and gave it a light squeeze as he answered, "I have met her par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter