Chapter 75

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Felix turns to Athena with a surprised glance. He hadn't noticed her at all, too caught up in his own thoughts, so the sight of her is quite jarring. The boy is unsure of what to do. Does he wave and smile, like nothing happened? Does he ignore her, because that's what he's been doing this whole time? Thankfully, he doesn't have to make a decision because Athena comes up to him instead.

"Um, hey."

"Hey."

They're silent after. Felix turns to look back out at the highway and Athena does the same.

"I can't believe there's still snow on the ground," Felix voices softly.

"You'll get used to it," Athena tells him with a chuckle.

The boy just nods, unsure if he will. He wonders why he came to this spot in the first place. It was clearly a spot with memories for Athena with Hyunjin and he felt like he was imposing on the other boy's memory. Unfortunately, Felix couldn't have found a better place to go and wrestle with his thoughts.

Athena can tell he's been thinking a lot too and lets out a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

Felix looks over to her. "Shouldn't I be saying that?"

"No," Athena starts, her voice strong. "I know you were just trying to help. You always have and I just didn't want to accept that. I'm sorry Felix, for everything."

Felix nods and then bites his lip. He holds her gaze and then sighs as well.

"I'm sorry too then. I shouldn't have been so forceful in trying to get to know you."

"I forgive you."

"Me too."

The two share a smile.

"So, what do we do about, um, us?"

Athena hums as if pondering the thought as well. "Well, for starters, I think I like you too."

"Really?" Felix says with wide eyes.

"Yes, so, you know, the kiss did matter and all."

Felix nods again. "That's definitely good to know."

The girl catches his blush and giggles slightly before containing herself. They had other business to deal with, so she couldn't get too ahead of herself.

"I don't think I'm ready for anything though. There's still a lot I need to work through but I want you to be there with me. If you want to that is."

"I do," Felix answers quickly. "I really do."

"Okay... great. Um, and I'll be there for you too, with whatever is going with you," Athena responds quietly.

"Okay."

"Is okay going to be our always?" Athena suddenly says.

This causes Felix to laugh, a bright smile bursting across his face. It's silent again, but better. Athena rests her head on the railings again and closes her eyes. Felix does the same and smiles lightly. He liked this, a lot.