Chapter 6

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

The house was nice and quaint. It was around the same size as Athena's but seemed bigger as they mostly had sealed and labeled boxes lying around everywhere. Somehow, despite the barren space, the Lee's house held a warm, homey feel to it, something Athena hadn't felt in a while.

"Felix, take her into the living room. I'll be right back."

His mom leaves and Felix gestures for Athena to follow him. They only take a few more steps before entering the living room.

"We," he stops for a second and furrows his eyebrows. "uh, we don't have any chairs so we'll have to sit on the floor."

Athena just shrugs nonchalantly and then drops to the floor. In reality, she anything but calm, fawning over his slightly-broken Korean.

"So, where'd you move from?" Athena questions.

Felix's eyes widen. "You speak English?"

Athena giggles and nods.

"That's super cool! We moved from Australia and though I am Korean I don't know the language that well," Felix says win a chuckle.

"I could help you if you'd like," Athena suddenly offers, shocking herself and the boy.

"Really? That'd be great! Especially since school's going to start up soon," the boy blurts.

Athena just nods along, thinking of how the sudden offer would affect her as the days go on.

"How do you know English?" Felix asks.

"My mom's from London originally and my dad learned English when growing up in China so I grew up speaking both."

Just then, a knock sounds at the door causing both the boy and girl to turn their heads towards the door.

"I guess my parents are here," Athena murmurs.

"I guess. Come on. Let's go greet them and hopefully Mom will have those snacks ready. Though, we could've just ate the rice cakes you brought but I guess it's whatever."

And as they walk to the front door together, Felix continues to rambles on causing Athena to smile brightly at the nonsense words flowing out of the boy's mouth. When it was time to go, a pout fell upon Athena's lips. She hadn't even noticed until Felix pointed it out. At home, she wondered why she had been feeling so down when leaving the Lee's house. She shrugs it off as nothing and goes back to moping in her room, a hobby she's become accustomed to.

What Athena didn't want to really acknowledge was that, deep down inside, she knew she was feeling something for this boy. Something that she vowed she would never feel for anyone again.

 

~~~

 

a/n

italics = english, regular font = korean.

also, i won't be following the korean school system (like breaks, how long each semester is and when they start), it'll be more of a mix of canadian and american cu ya girl's canadian and the canadian and american school systems are similar. 

to clarify, athena's dad is chinese and her mom is black and from london. they both moved to korea where they met and fell in love and all that jazz lol :P

peace out y'all!

ps. the lowercase in my author notes is intended.

~tallproud