Chapter 4

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

So there she was, standing in front of the door to the house across the street. When her mother had said neighbour, Athena assumed it would've been next door but oh, was she wrong. After the awkward talk with her mom in the morning, Athena decided to abide by her mom's words and actually get up for once. She took a shower and changed into some decent looking clothes before trudging down the stairs. Both her parents held enormous smiles that Athena immediately brushed off, the burn of worry too clear in their eyes for her to handle. She was quickly shoved into their car with a box of steamy rice cakes in hand. They drove barely two seconds before reaching the house across the street.

"Alright, you go on and we'll meet up with you after," her dad says.

"What? I thought you said we were going to greet the new neighbors together!" Athena exclaims. 

"We are, I just seem to have forgotten something back at the house and I need your father to drive me," her mom says with a smirk.

"Don't worry! We'll be back soon! You go on and greet them first."

And with that, they we're gone. 

Athena groans and stomps up the steps of the house. She rings the doorbell once and waits impatiently for it to open. Though, when it does open, Athena is more than startled and totally focused on the person who appears in front of her.

"Um, hello?" He says.

Athena tries to respond but she's at a loss for words. All that's running through her mind is one thought.

Gorgeous.

 

~~~~~

 

a/n

hey y'all! how are you guys liking the story so far? i hope you're enjoying it cuz i honestly love writing this story like you don't even know.

also, it's a first for me to write such short chapters so bare with me.

tbh, i don't really know if people in korea give or still give their new neighbours rice cakes or nah. i only really got my info from exo next door cuz the main character does. i also heard about when watching ahl and bts gave rice cakes to their neighbours. as well as in blackpink house when they decided to make macaroons instead of rice cakes to give to their neighbours. so yeah, it might not be accurate. if it's not, let me know and i'll change it.

anyway, thanks for reading! i really do appreciate it! 

ps. i probably won't be writing many author notes

love y'all!

~tallproud