Chapter 27

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

For the most part, Athena had been keeping to her promise. She went to lunch consistently for the past two weeks, which was a serious improvement from before. Though, she wasn't necessarily the greatest at truly keeping her promise.

Since Athena decided to keep a promise to herself as well, she always arrived late and left early, avoiding being seen with any of her friends. This way, she could avoid encounters with Hana but still hang out with her friends. It was an awful plan really, but Athena didn't know what else to do. She didn't want to get the others involved but she desperately wanted to keep her promise to Felix. This seemed like the only solution.

~~~

Another lunch arrived and Athena, once again, shows up fifteen minutes after the bell. Nobody commented about until twenty minutes later when Athena announces she's got to go.

"Where are you going Athena?" Somi questions. "We still have like, ten minutes 'till the next period starts."

"I know, I've just got a lot of homework to do. Forgot to do it yesterday," Athena says with a apologetic smile.

"Homework? You used that excuse last week," Seungmin pipes up, crossing his arms.

Athena frowns. She didn't want to anger them but even explaining the whole issue out loud seemed stupid. She felt stupid. All she wanted to do was protect her friends, but at what cost?

"Look guys, I really need to go but I'll stay later."

"Athena-" 

But before Changbin can finish his sentence, Athena disappears into the school. Somi lets out a frustrated groan.

"This is seriously getting on my nerves! Why does she keeping excluding us from her life?" Somi exclaims.

Jisung shakes his head lightly. "I don't think she's excluding us from her life, she's just trying to hide something."

"That's literally her excluding us," Somi says, rolling her eyes.

"Why is she trying to hide something from us anyway?"

"Maybe because of before?"

The group falls silent. Felix furrows his eyebrows confused. What was going on? He was sick and tired of Athena only doing the bare minimum to keep her promise. Leaving the others to bicker away, Felix marches into the school to find Athena.