Chapter 38

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Once everyone had arrived, the party began. 

As Athena had so nicely requested, Chan and the others did bring food, and in addition, brought tons of games to play. The night was young and the group didn't plan on heading to bed anytime soon. The food (which consisted of an extremely unhealthy menu plan) was scarfed down as they shared laughs and giggles over the games they played. Somi got very competitive while playing a game of Uno and Jisung was crowned the new Mario Kart champion (a title Athena formerly held).

Everything was great and Athena was enjoying herself, truly. For once that month, she didn't feel so heavy and deflated. As much as it wasn't her idea at first, she was glad Jisung suggested it. She missed this, all of them hanging out together. Since Chan had graduated, it felt like they could hardly be a complete group. Then with the accident, Athena couldn't bear to see them at all. It was nice to forget about it for once and just be present in the moment. 

~~~

Athena glances at the clock. 

2:30 am

She sighs and closes her eyes, resting her head against the back of the couch. The sleeping arrangements that had been made were based more on where people ended up falling asleep rather than any actual arrangement. They were watching a movie when everyone started to clock out. Jisung and Seungmin were first, knocked out across the floor; the two never really could stay up too late. Next was Chan, and then Changbin and Somi (sprawled across the sectional), as well as  Felix following suit. Only Athena was left staring blankly at the TV screen. 

Athena was tired, extremely to be honest. But, she couldn't find sleep anywhere. She wondered if it was the small headache brewing in her temples or the fear of nightmares that haunted her mind every now and then. Or maybe, a combination of both. Whatever the reason, Athena knew it would get worse the longer she stayed awake and if she didn't go to bed now, she'd probably not go to bed at all.

"Can't sleep?"

Athena's eyes widen and she finds her eyes locking with Felix. He is siting up from his spot by the girl's chair, head slightly tilted as he watches her blink away her confusion.

She nods. 

"You too?"

Felix sends her a tired smile.

"Do you want a drink? Sometimes those help me fall asleep," Athena suggests in a whisper.

"Won't that just make you want to pee?"

Athena rolls her eyes but laughs lightly. Felix smiles and gets up. He lends a hand to the girl, which she takes willingly, pulling herself up and leading the two to the kitchen.