Chapter 34

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

As much as the temperature was falling, the sun was still shining in brightly over the town. It had rained overnight and the rays of light broke through the water droplets, illuminating the area into a shimmering crystal of mist.

Athena resumed walking to school with Felix, as well as talking to her friends. The girl truly felt happier and almost embarrassed for how she acted. Though, none of her friends judged her. They knew that what she was going through could cause you to feel so many different emotions. And for that, Athena was extremely grateful.

"So, I was thinking," Athena starts to say as her and Felix walk along the sidewalk.

"Yes?"

"Maybe, I can treat you to ice cream today."

"Ice cream?" Felix questions. "In this weather?"

Athena laughs. "Come one! Ice cream is a delicacy no matter the temperature. Plus, there's this ice cream truck that's near the pier and the ice cream is to die for!"

Felix shrugs, letting out a soft chuckle. "Why the sudden offer anyway?"

Athena swings her arms back and forth at first. She didn't want to explain to him why she wanted to do this. It was awfully embarrassing in her eyes, but, since she brought it up she might as well tell the boy.

"Since you've had to witness like, thirty of my breakdowns, I thought I'd treat you to something nice. You know, to repay you in a way," the girl mutters.

Felix looks at Athena with a small grin as he watches her cheeks turn a slight rosy red.

"It was only three."

"The number doesn't really matter!" Athena exclaims flustered. "What matter is we're going to get ice cream today and I'll pay."

Felix smiles and nods. She has her head down, the crown of curls adorning her head shielding the boy from seeing her face. She pulls adjusts and readjusts her bag straps and Felix has to hold in a giggle. Athena was truly to cute for the boy to handle sometimes. It was times like these he wondered if maybe, just maybe, he had...

"Okay, cool," Felix says, cutting off his own thoughts.

"Cool indeed."

The two fall silent and continue shuffling their way to school, trying go avoid puddles as best as possible.

"Does this ice cream truck have sundaes?" Felix suddenly asks.

"I don't think so," Athena replies. "To be honest, I don't think I've ever had an ice cream sundae."

Felix gasps dramatically and stops in his tracks. Athena doesn't notice and walks ahead a few steps before realizing that the boy was no longer beside her. She turns to face him and rolls her eyes at his over-the-top expression.

"What?"

"I just can't believe you've never had an ice cream sundae before! How have you been surviving?" Felix states  flabbergasted.

The girl shrugs nonchalantly. "I guess I've just never thought about eating them."

Felix smiles mysteriously before casually walking up Athena and slinging an arm around her shoulder.

"Well then, I guess we're going to have a second date. You treat me to ice cream this time and I'll treat you to ice cream sundaes the next."

"What?" Athena blurts.

But Felix says nothing, instead grinning from ear to ear. He steers them back into the direction their school and Athena can't help but blush once again, millions of butterflies erupting in her stomach.

 

a/n

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. aren't these two such cuties? I love them!!

there are some things i would like to address before i go.

first things first, black lives matter y'all and if you don't believe it and can't see it, please leave. the events that spiked this outrage were only the tip of the ice berg and it is absolutely horrible to know that this issue has been going on for longer than the black lives matter movement and still no change was done. the actions being taken now are beautiful and i am so happy to see black people get the attention we needed for ages. 

for my fellow black followers and readers, please make sure to take days off to refresh, renew and take care of your mental health. there is nothing wrong with taking a small break to regain strength before going back into the fight. to everyone else, please continue to support the movement with true intentions and educate yourself about what is going on. i have a link in my bio with a list of things you can do to help if you're looking for resources.

this is an important topic to me as i am a black person and i have to deal with these types of trauma and worries so i'm speaking about it. black lives have always mattered and always will. don't you ever let yourself forget that

secondly, this is way less important but who is excited for stray kids comeback because I am. like, i'm so hype!! especially felix, like who said go and sound that fine AND look that fine? illegal i tell you. also make sure y'all support blackpink why they come back please and thank you because they are looking beautiful! visuals on another level and i know the vocals will slay my life so, yeah..

thirdly, even if you don't know who she is and don't care, i don't care. GO AND VOTE FOR ZHONG FEIFEI on produce camp 2020 daily (please and thank you).

fourth, i will be writing english convos in bold now instead of italics so you don't get confused with expressions i want to be emphasized or thoughts. and this was editied kind of poorly, hehe, my bad :s

that's all folks. see ya next time!

~may