Chapter 57

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

a/n double update :) read 56 before this one

When they arrived at Athena's house, her mother and father were just at the door.

"Are you two going out?" she asks them.

Her mother nods. "Your dad and I are going shopping."

"For what?"

"The Choi's are having a baby," her father says. "We wanted to get them somethings to help and to celebrate."

"Really? I'll have to congratulate them the next time I see them," Athena states with a smile.

"Of course! Are you and Felix going to be alright?"

Athena looks over at Felix who is patiently waiting for her on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Yeah, we'll be fine."

Athena's mother pulls her in for a hug and kisses the top of her head. "There's food in the fridge if you guys get hungry okay. Don't go buying fast food or his mother is going to think I don't feed him healthily."

Athena just snorts and pushes her mother away.

"Have fun you two."

Her parents say a final goodbye and then are out the door. Athena walks over to Felix and sits beside him on the couch.

"I guess it's time for us to study," she says tiredly.

"I guess. Or, we could play Just Dance?"

Athena laughs. "You and your obsession with Just Dance!"

"Hey, it's a fun game! You can't even lie about that."

~~~

The sun had set and the two were deep into their work. Studying together was definitely a benefit as they were able to find information faster for their assignment. After a while, Athena flops back on her bed and sighs.

"I'm tired!"

Felix nods, agreeing. "Yeah, let's take a break."

He hops onto the bed beside her and they stare up at the ceiling together in silence. This wasn't the first time Felix had been in Athena's room. The first time, he was amazed at how much it seemed like her. The walls were a light blue, similar to the blue of the waters by the ocean shores. It contrasted beautifully with the artworks adoring her walls. Books and magazines were stacked in a corner opposite to her desk which was usually scattered with her school work. The rest of the room pieced itself together to make it a masterpiece. It felt warm, felt like home and Felix never wanted to leave that feeling.

Athena suddenly gasps, sitting up and turning to Felix.

"Are you guys doing anything for Christmas this year?"

Felix shakes his head, eyes locking with hers. "Not really. We just moved so I think we won't probably do much."

"Perfect!"

"Pardon me?"

"I mean- I don't mean like, perfect you guys can't do anything but like, perfect you have free time to do something else," Athena stutters out with a laugh.

"Like what?" Felix asks her.

"Like come to my mother's Christmas party! She also has the most extravagant parties for the holidays and though we don't really have the space to host everyone, we do it anyway. It would be really nice if you and your mom could come. Plus, you'll get to meet more people in the neighborhood and I think the others are going to come as well so you won't be lonely."

"Hm, sounds like fun," Felix says. "I'll let my mom know about it."

Athena smiles brightly. "I'd love it if you came."

"I could even come early, since I live across the street," Felix adds.

"You could. But then, my mom will recruit you to cook for her and I'll tell you right now, the cooking never seems to end. Even when the guests bring food!"

Felix just laughs and Athena smiles again.

The night goes on with the two planning what they'll do together over the break, excitement for the break bubbling inside both of them.