Chapter 15

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Felix and Athena were quick to get ready to go to the Chill Grill. It was a fast food chain that was famous in the area for it's amazing burgers. And, it also seemed to be a hot spot for celebs when they visited, like the Boys N Motion. Felix was super stoked to meet new people and to try the burgers while Athena felt nervous; extremely nervous. It was as if every single emotion and synonym for nervousness was combined into one feeling.

It wasn't like the girl didn't like her friends - she did. In fact, they we're among her favourite people in the world. The only issue is they haven't spoken properly since the incident and Athena was sure they hated her. I mean, she did kill one of their friends. It would only be logical for them to avoid her like the plague.

Felix, unaware of her internal worries, starts to talk. "What are your friends like?"

"They're fantastic!" Athena answers instantly. "They're hilarious and kind and annoying but you get used to it after a while and they-"

Felix's laugh interrupts Athena's rant and she stops, realizing she was rambling.

"Sorry," she mutters.

"It's no biggie. So, can you tell me about them? How many of them are there?"

"Well, there's five of them; Somi, Jisung, Changbin, Chan, and Seungmin," Athena lists out. "Somi is my ultimate best friend. She's basically my other half and was my first friend when I moved here."

"You didn't live here originally?" Felix questions.

Athena shakes her head. "Nope. I used to live in Seoul but my dad got a better teaching job here so we moved to shorten his travel distance to work. Plus, my mom wanted to move us from the city anyway. She's not much of a city girl."

"Interesting."

"Interesting indeed."

The two giggle before Athena continues describing her friends.

"Next we have Chan. He's like our dad. He worries about us and buys us stuff with his money, though he always regrets it. He's always there when you need him to be and he's so kind and sweet. Chan's also two years older than us. He goes to the local university here and is a music prodigy. He also tends to dye his hair a lot too. Not as much as you do though. He's only really done blonde but he did try green one time - ended up looking like broccoli."

Felix lets out a laugh at that. "That must've been interesting."

Athena nods. "It was. And that was the last time we ever saw Bang Chan with coloured hair. He'd actually wanted to do a red like you but Somi would never allow it."

"Why not?"

"She just has a thing about us looking like fools or whatever. Of course, she's only joking. In all honesty, Chan would probably look great with red hair."

"What about me?"

Athena blinks. She faces Felix and blinks again. "What about you?"

"Do you think I look good with red hair?" he asks again in a 'duh' tone.

If this situation were different, Athena would've gushed and told him that he looked even more majestic than he usually did. She'd explain that out of anyone she'd seen with red hair, he was the best looking. But, this was not a situation that entitled her to do so. Instead, she settled for a snort before stating,

"Yeah, maybe you would but your hair is basically orange not red."

Felix pouts. "I like the orange. My mom says it's cute too."

Athena rolls her eyes, not noticing the small flicker of disappointment in Felix's eyes.

"Okay, moving on. Next, we have Changbin. He's another sweetie. A king of cuteness. Like, no joke at all. Sometimes it gets super annoying but he's my friend and I love him anyways. He claims that he's dark and tries to give off some emo type aura but it really doesn't work. Also, don't tell him I told you this but his favourite colour is pink."

Felix chuckles. "My lips are sealed."

"Good," Athena says with a smile. "Next, we have Jisung who is an actual relative to the squirrel family. Like, I'm not even kidding, he looks exactly like a squirrel. Okay, well, not exactly but you get the point. He's our reaction king and tends to think he's super funny but in reality isn't. Though, I still laugh at his jokes either way. Oh! Jisung's also a day older than you!"

"Really?"

Athena nods enthusiastically. "Yup! So I'm sure you two will click like that." She snaps her fingers to emphasize the point.

"Lastly, we have Seungmin; a ball of sunshine and darkness at the same time. He's easily annoyed by people, especially Jisung and Changbin but he loves anything and anyone cute, so I'm sure he'll like you."

Athena freezes as she realizes what she just said. Felix blinks twice before turning to Athena with a sly smile on his face.

"So, you think I'm cute?"

Athena feels her face heat and lets out a breath in attempt to cool herself down. "No, I never said that."

"But you did. You said Seungmin likes anyone cute and then said he'd-"

"Let's hurry up! We don't want them leaving before we get there," Athena interrupts.

She increase the pace of her steps until she's almost speed walking. Hands fly to her cheeks, feeling that the heat residing in them never left. Felix chuckles and jogs to catch up with her while yelling,

"OKAY BUT YOU DO THINK I'M CUTE RIGHT?"

And Athena speeds up some more, never feeling more embarrassed in her life than in this moment.