Chapter 19

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Despite the incident at the Chill Grill, Athena and her friends started to hang out like before, now adding Felix in on the fun. The new Australian fit in right away, seeming to have been in their group since forever and Athena was glad to be talking to them again. She was sure she'd lost them but they proved her wrong. 

While it was nice to be back with the group, something was missing - someone was missing - and Athena could never seem to forget.

~~~~

The summer days had finally dwindled down, only one more night of freedom before they were ed back into the repetitive schedule of school. After initiating Felix into the group, they found out that the boy was in most of their classes in the upcoming term which was a relief to Felix. He had worried about school the most when moving. To know that he had people to be there for him when he was most vulnerable made him feel calm. Felix was way more excited to go to school than he was before.

Athena on the other hand was not as excited. In fact, she sincerely dreaded the idea of going back. Normally, school wasn't horrible for her. She never hated her classes, the uniform was only somewhat itchy and she got to see her friends. It was all around an okay experience. Now, she was going back as the towns latest hot topic. Hyunjin's death occurred right before school ended and Athena had been absent all of those days after. Going back meant all eyes would be on her and Athena couldn't deal with that. She was already drowning in guilt, she didn't need a thousand plus students adding on to it. As well as the fact that she didn't want to drag her friends, especially Felix, down with her. Athena hoped that she could stay under the school's radar but she knew she'd need to do more than hope to succeed in that.

Since it was the last day before the two were forced back into their regular routines of school, Felix decides that they should go out. It was to commemorate their last night of freedom but Athena wasn't particularly in the mood to go. After much persuading, Felix finally gets Athena to agree.

"So, where are we going?"

Athena raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean where are we going? You're the one who wanted to go out."

"Yeah," Felix agrees at first. "But I don't know this town like you do."

"You're so frustrating sometimes," Athena says with a laugh. "Come on then, I think I know a place."